The Administration Thread

Boycie

11 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I’m constantly amazed at the number of posters who make bold and often derogatory statements about MM as though they are factual. We can make assumptions about his thinking on the stadium and MA, based on what little we actually know but that’s all they are - assumptions. The only real fact is that we just don’t know. In my work, I’d be very wary of passing assumptions of as facts. Yes the various stories behind MM’s machinations could  be true but who knows. The old saying often trotted out in training courses is that “to assume makes an ass out of u and me”. 

Is it really an assumption to say he has it in his power to fix it? Whatever way I try to look it, the man is beyond defensible. You only have to look at the people he was trying to flog the club to before admin to know he had bailed.

He sat back and let the fans pay off the charity debts he owed! The mental health, the jobs, the wellbeing of so many hangs on what Mel can do and for whatever reason he isn't doing it.

Going to take an incredibly embellished yarn for me to believe any excuse for allowing this all to happen.

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Maxwell was a big time thief Morris is a stubborn fool 

I think he's getting off lightly here. He's much, much worse than a stubborn fool, much worse. Maxwell wasn't a Derby fan. Never proclaimed to be. Morris supposedly is/was. That in itself says it all to me. He's ran his hometown club into the ground, turned it from a profitable, sustainable club to totally unsellable in 8 years, stripping us of our once proud asset, the stadium (that Lionel and Co. helped build) and as such goes down as the most destructive, contemptuous, hated figure in our history. Without a doubt. A forest fan with a desire to ruin us couldn't have done a better job of it. Unforgivable. 

He should be in prison for crimes against football (and the tax man). 

People make assumptions about how wealthy Mel is. He might be completely skint for all we know. It’s easy for us to say ‘just hand over the keys’ but even for a wealthy man it’s unlikely you can just ‘give up’ an asset like a football stadium. We also don’t really know what Mel is demanding, why Kirchner won’t go ahead with Mel owning the ground, whether it’s realistic for the Council to buy the ground, or how long it will take if they can. We. Just. Don’t. Know. Ii is very frustrating, but is it worth twisting ourselves into knots speculating about it (he says after nearly 1500 pages of it!)

Edited by LazloW

1 hour ago, jono said:

I am a dyed in the wool season ticket holding half fan. I might make it to Burton or Chesterfield at a push but it’s very much a “might” and I am pretty certain it would be on a match by match basis, Saturdays only. I reckon at least 50% of our current attendance would probably feel the same. Unless it’s local, the masses simply will not come.  What’s the capacity of the Pirelli ?

3 minutes ago, Archie said:

I think he's getting off lightly here. He's much, much worse than a stubborn fool, much worse. Maxwell wasn't a Derby fan. Never proclaimed to be. Morris supposedly is/was. That in itself says it all to me. He's ran his hometown club into the ground, turned it from a profitable, sustainable club to totally unsellable in 8 years, stripping us of our once proud asset, the stadium (that Lionel and Co. helped build) and as such goes down as the most destructive, contemptuous, hated figure in our history. Without a doubt. A forest fan with a desire to ruin us couldn't have done a better job of it. Unforgivable. 

He should be in prison for crimes against football (and the tax man). 

Sorry but can't have that, we were neither profitable nor sustainable, hence why GSE were not keen to continue funding us.

No arguments with the rest of it though.

1 minute ago, RammingStone66 said:

Yeah wasn't it losing 7 mill a year at that point?

Without looking back I can't remember exactly but I thought it was in the region of 8 or 9 million, and we were making 1 million stellar signing per season.

History is good at re-writing itself but there were even protests against the owners.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sorry but can't have that, we were neither profitable nor sustainable, hence why GSE were not keen to continue funding us.

No arguments with the rest of it though.

If that's the case then I take it back. I thought Clough junior had helped get the operational costs down, got rid of the deadwood/large contracts from the prem days and salaries then were below income. Who was earning 'big' in the season prior to Clough leaving us? 

36 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I get your hatred of Mel and he's certainly no longer on my Christmas card list but to ban him owning his other businesses strikes me as a tad vindictive.

the bloke has royally screwed our club over with terrible practices and is holding us to ransom.... we should be seeking every legal measure against the parasite 

25 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Should be some news tonight really after Wazza’s post match interview 

I’m working on this basis too. Hoping for a Twitter notification that CK has tweeted saying he’s now the owner - isn’t he preferred bidder until midnight 

10 minutes ago, Archie said:

If that's the case then I take it back. I thought Clough junior had helped get the operational costs down, got rid of the deadwood/large contracts from the prem days and salaries then were below income. Who was earning 'big' in the season prior to Clough leaving us? 

They did do all of that and we were still losing money, that's the scary thing

52 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I’m constantly amazed at the number of posters who make bold and often derogatory statements about MM as though they are factual. We can make assumptions about his thinking on the stadium and MA, based on what little we actually know but that’s all they are - assumptions. The only real fact is that we just don’t know. In my work, I’d be very wary of passing assumptions of as facts. Yes the various stories behind MM’s machinations could  be true but who knows. The old saying often trotted out in training courses is that “to assume makes an ass out of u and me”. 

We know he's taken the ground out of the club's ownership and has not yet handed it over. We also know exactly what our prospective owner and current manager think of the bloke. 

2 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

They did do all of that and we were still losing money, that's the scary thing

Down to about £5m of allowable  losses at the end, probably another couple of million in losses which were disregarded for FFP as it was then.

8 minutes ago, Archie said:

From memory, so possibly not 100% accurate, 

The big contracts were either paid off or expired. 

Jewell torched the parachute payments on dross and that had to be cleared out as well. 

Income was declining year on year....we weren't playing great stuff so weren't on TV as often and crowds were trending down. 

Deals such as outsourcing matchday catering shored up the short term revenue but at the expense of long term. 

The idea that we were profitable ever is a fallacy. Sustainable is a different yardstick and clearly losing 6-7m a year is less alarming than losing 20m+ which is what has brought us down....