The Administration Thread

Boycie

54 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

The thing is, the Council owning the stadium will NOT have any effect on it's ability to fund the provision of core services to City of Derby rates payers. Public bodies like the City Council have access to centrally-provided capital project funding for the building and/or protection of community assets at loan rates far more favourable than commercial business mortgages and I would be gob-smacked if the council were contemplating the purchase of the stadium with any other funding than this.

If, as has been reported, the funding is in place then I assume the caveats for qualifying for this funding have been met. I don't live in Derby any more but a council near to where I do now live - City of York - used access too this fund to build the new community stadium there, with borrowing secured at 2.9% interest.

If the same applied for Derby, borrowing £20m (assumed stadium purchase price) would cost £580,000 a year - that's about £1 for every ticket sold this season - and a bargain in terms of funding. I don't know, but I would guess the cost of servicing the Dell loan is three times that level.

The Council will only be exposed if the Club can't pay the ground rent at some point in the future.

They have already stated this is how they would be funding this so you are spot on. 

54 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

The thing is, the Council owning the stadium will NOT have any effect on it's ability to fund the provision of core services to City of Derby rates payers. Public bodies like the City Council have access to centrally-provided capital project funding for the building and/or protection of community assets at loan rates far more favourable than commercial business mortgages and I would be gob-smacked if the council were contemplating the purchase of the stadium with any other funding than this.

If, as has been reported, the funding is in place then I assume the caveats for qualifying for this funding have been met. I don't live in Derby any more but a council near to where I do now live - City of York - used access too this fund to build the new community stadium there, with borrowing secured at 2.9% interest.

If the same applied for Derby, borrowing £20m (assumed stadium purchase price) would cost £580,000 a year - that's about £1 for every ticket sold this season - and a bargain in terms of funding. I don't know, but I would guess the cost of servicing the Dell loan is three times that level.

The Council will only be exposed if the Club can't pay the ground rent at some point in the future.

I don't see why the money wouldn't be there through ground sponsorship, either in full or in part of the take from that.

Then a proportion of season tickets.

What about money raised from food/drink on the site, and a proportion of the take from the merchandise shop.

Then maybe the council owns the pride park parking, and gets a revenue stream from that.

If they run some other events like music concerts or weddings in the off season, that should return capital for the council if they bought the club.

5 hours ago, Oldben said:

I've read that dcfc brings in around 100 million a year to the local community.

This is a very interesting comment, as I've done a very rough estimate based on what I spend going to a home match, as follows:

• Season Ticket per season = £495 / 23 = £21.50 per game
  • Travel by car = £3 fuel + Car Park - £10 = £13, or, Travel by Bus = £5
  • 2 pints of beer before/after a game = £8
  • Something to eat before the game (e.g. fish & chips, etc.) = £10
  • So my total per game is between £44.50 to £52.50 x 23 games = £1,023.50 / £1,207.50
  • If you take the average Pride Park attendance as 22,000 x £1,000 per season = £22 million.

So that's a long way from the £100m, but I'm just an average fan, but I'm sure other fans spend more than that amount, and if the attendances go above that figure, especially when there is a good away support, then the I would imagine the figure would be nearer £25-£27 million, just on "going to the match", and not extra's such as overnight rooms; restaurant meals; train fares; DCFC shop sales, etc.

9 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

This is a very interesting comment, as I've done a very rough estimate based on what I spend going to a home match, as follows:

• So my total per game is between £44.50 to £52.50 x 23 games = £1,023.50 / £1,207.50
  • If you take the average Pride Park attendance as 22,000 x £1,000 per season = £22 million.

So that's a long way from the £100m, but I'm just an average fan, but I'm sure other fans spend more than that amount, and if the attendances go above that figure, especially when there is a good away support, then the I would imagine the figure would be nearer £25-£27 million, just on "going to the match", and not extra's such as overnight rooms; restaurant meals; train fares; DCFC shop sales, etc.

I would imagine there are all sorts of “externalities” in the figure that we would not even consider. Rates for the ground and the rates for businesses local to the ground who benefit from the footfall, to think of just two

16 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

TV money. Premier League money etc. Sponsorship, corporate jollies.  

TBF, if I had a spare £20M,I'D buy the stadium, because it's worth allot more and there's a football club that'd like to rent it off me at a 5% yield under a full maintenance lease, until they're in a financial position to buy it off me. 

But I'd obviously have to check with a few nobbers in Bristol and Nottingham to make sure they're OK with that first.... 

49 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

To be fair, I think that stated figure of "£100m per year" was first mooted when Leeds were still in the same division.  Their vast number of visiting fans brought in £90m per year all on their own!  ?

56 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

When calculations adding up to £100m are made they add in everything - and are still guessing. For example what about all the wages of the people working on match day and during the week, or the takings of the burger vans, or the bus drivers on overtime and the people that sell out car parking spaces, never mind the pubs and food outlets or the printers of Rampage. They’ll put a value on free tickets for schools or the work the club does directly in the community. All those and a lot more bring income into the local community in addition to the expenses of individual fans, and would be switched off if the club goes out of business. 

The figures for benefits of sports or cultural attractions to an area are always a bit "pinch of salt" and never directly equate to "if this thing was there then there's going to be be X less economic activity".

Did fester winning the league really being the many£££££££ into Leicester that were claimed at the time? It's impossible to accurately measure.

45 minutes ago, Crewton said:

TBF, if I had a spare £20M,I'D buy the stadium, because it's worth allot more and there's a football club that'd like to rent it off me at a 5% yield under a full maintenance lease, until they're in a financial position to buy it off me. 

But I'd obviously have to check with a few nobbers in Bristol and Nottingham to make sure they're OK with that first.... 

Does anyone anywhere have a 'spare' £20million?

But then I'm the pedantic so-and-so that wonders what 'spare change' is too. Isn't it just money, like the rest of what you may have?!!

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

Does anyone anywhere have a 'spare' £20million?

But then I'm the pedantic so-and-so that wonders what 'spare change' is too. Isn't it just money, like the rest of what you may have?!!

Figure  of speech - I just meant if I had that sum available to be invested and wanted to put it into an asset that would bring a guaranteed yield with the prospect of being able to sell it on to an interested party at some date in the future.

3 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

To add to that, there's the wages that the club pays. It's usually £20m plus going directly to local people. OK, it's mainly concentrated on about 20 'locals', but the economy would still feel their loss.

17 minutes ago, Dai Capp said:

If that's us next season do you think Parry would have the brass neck to turn up... it would be good to give him a special DCFC thank you

To be honest if Wigan gave him a rough time then Derby fans have much bigger cause to be very angry with Parry and his vendetta against this club. He must be long overdue for a dishonourable retirement .