The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

As I said on another thread - there were red flags suggesting the Morris was out of his depth business wise running a football club and as a body is fans ignored it because he was spending money and getting away with circumventing rules while others got caught.

imagine if KM hadn’t done what he did Wes be even further in the red. 

Its just as feasible that without the forensic investigation into amortisation Morris may well have been able to get his sale sorted without the need for administration.

We'd breached no rules with the ground and the EFL were happy with the players amortisation.

It was Gibson's hypocrisy over the stadium (he once shifted debts from his football club to another branch of his business empire) and Maguire's choice to go after Derby on a very minor point that had never been queried by the EFL, that forced Parry to use us as an example.

Morris was always going to be a target for threatening to upset the apple cart over TV rights. He was too arrogant to believe they could do him, but the establishment always closes ranks in the end.

Yes, its all down to Morris for pushing the limits, but I'm pretty sure that many other clubs would be dragged down if they received the type of in-depth scrutiny that we had.

I live in hope, and I dream. So let’s say we keep a decent chunk of our young warriors .. say Tommo, Cashin and maybe 1 of knight and Bird. Malcolm hangs around for the first half of the season as does Buchanan. Stretton and Bart Man aren’t going anywhere and Rav also floats around. Then our Wayne finds some gems .. young and old along with a Nugent type who knows where the net is. Could be interesting and a lot of fun ! 

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its just as feasible that without the forensic investigation into amortisation Morris may well have been able to get his sale sorted without the need for administration.

We'd breached no rules with the ground and the EFL were happy with the players amortisation.

It was Gibson's hypocrisy over the stadium (he once shifted debts from his football club to another branch of his business empire) and Maguire's choice to go after Derby on a very minor point that had never been queried by the EFL, that forced Parry to use us as an example.

Morris was always going to be a target for threatening to upset the apple cart over TV rights. He was too arrogant to believe they could do him, but the establishment always closes ranks in the end.

Yes, its all down to Morris for pushing the limits, but I'm pretty sure that many other clubs would be dragged down if they received the type of in-depth scrutiny that we had.

Not paying HMRC was always going to stop any potential sale - too much debt. Morris destroyed any chance at all of us being sold when sold himself the ground and ran at substantial unsustainable losses. 

40 minutes ago, jono said:

I live in hope, and I dream. So let’s say we keep a decent chunk of our young warriors .. say Tommo, Cashin and maybe 1 of knight and Bird. Malcolm hangs around for the first half of the season as does Buchanan. Stretton and Bart Man aren’t going anywhere and Rav also floats around. Then our Wayne finds some gems .. young and old along with a Nugent type who knows where the net is. Could be interesting and a lot of fun ! 

Don’t think any internationals or budding internationals will be playing in div 1 will they ??

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t think any internationals or budding internationals will be playing in div 1 will they ??

I think it is unlikely, you’re right, but as I thought I made clear .. I hope and I dream. I also think there is a bit of a re set going on in football finance so mass departures might not happen as quickly as we think. Some will go, but the chances that some will stay at least for a short spell have improved. 

13 hours ago, Crazy said:

Out of interest, do you think this season's squad would get promoted from League 1? Do you think the restrictions (in terms of wages offered) next season will be more severe than this season? Do you think the appeal of the club, the fan base and the manager will be less?

Do I think we're definitely going straight back up? No. Do I think we've got a good chance? Absolutely.

Promotion from League One? Piece of piss - I’ve already done it (on FM22)…

6708A7CD-5A17-4393-842C-3D83FCD0A87E.jpeg

Edited by Jayram

15 hours ago, Crazy said:

Out of interest, do you think this season's squad would get promoted from League 1? Do you think the restrictions (in terms of wages offered) next season will be more severe than this season? Do you think the appeal of the club, the fan base and the manager will be less?

Do I think we're definitely going straight back up? No. Do I think we've got a good chance? Absolutely.

I don’t think this seasons squad would get promoted. Think they would finish top half though. Away form embarrassing and lack of goals. Solid defence though and promising youth players. Need at least one in form striker to get promoted from league 1. 

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, as the forum is an unsecured creditor of DCFC - is the takeover hold up because the mods won't accept 35p/£ over 3 years because they've become used to the chauffeur driven cars and custom pin striped trainers?

I think @David has already said he isn't considered a significant enough creditor to have been consulted so far. 

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think @David has already said he isn't considered a significant enough creditor to have been consulted so far. 

So we can discount him as a Machiavellian hand using the situation to drive up forum traffic and eventually take possession of pride park and rename it the "crisps are better when you keep them in the fridge Stadium"? ?

14 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

5 hours ago, jono said:

I think it is unlikely, you’re right, but as I thought I made clear .. I hope and I dream. I also think there is a bit of a re set going on in football finance so mass departures might not happen as quickly as we think. Some will go, but the chances that some will stay at least for a short spell have improved. 

If you do the minimal amount of research you will see there are plenty in League 1 at the minute... look at Wigan's team, Republic of Ireland, James McClean, Northern Ireland, Josh Magennis, Zimbabwe, Darikwa, Jamaica, Curtis Tilt, and more, Will Keane only made his debut in the last year.

Even Burton have an Algerian international....

Remember that Bielik was at Charlton in league 1 before he came to us, budding internationals are u21 players,  what better way to develop than spend a season playing regularly, league 1 or championship makes little difference