The Administration Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

When people are having tax deducted via PAYE, and then that money doesn't end up with HMRC, how come no one is in prison for this?

Because it’s not a crime, providing they’re not pocketing it themselves or anything.  If the money stays within the business, it’s just a debt the company owes, and ultimately if they cant pay it, they’ll end up in administration or getting wound up.  Like it or not, the law is written with the acceptance that businesses can struggle and some will fail, but overall it’s beneficial to the country to let them try in the first place.  If you start putting business owners in jail as soon as they run up a bill they cant pay, nobody will start a business in this country.

2 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

I'm guessing that by needing to ask that question, maybe it's not for you...

I’m guessing, with that level of uncertainty, direction and communication, it would be perfect for him. 

4 hours ago, Bobby said:

I have just read the last few pages since it has been mentioned that HMRC and MSD debts have increased and no one has mentioned this or even acknowledged it, for me that has set off massive alarm bells, surely this increases the purchase price considerably? That’s even if HMRC agree to deferred payments.

I mean….. you do realise tax carries on and funds to keep the club going didnt come out of thin air? The debts last September were always going to have gone up by the time a deal is agreed. Everyone involved is well aware of this, it is what it is. CK won’t be shocked or unaware of this. 

If or when they open the tills again would season ticket money go to aged debt payments or new season running costs? If local small companies are owed I'd be happy to pay a small premium on top if needed as long as it went to the right place.  Wouldn't like to think we would leave the milkman or the window cleaner high and dry. If there is a plan to pay off over three years. Fine by me also to match that.  Its a community club so look after the community. Every penny helps and all that.

37 minutes ago, DraycottRam said:

Some Team offers one player £2,000 more a week and they are off. Fact

Wayne says “Agents are putting written offers in front of our players now” . They will be good offers as there is no fee to pay.These lads only have 10 years to make enough money to last a lifetime. They may all want to stay but they have to think about mortgages etc.

1 hour ago, DraycottRam said:

Some Team offers one player £2,000 more a week and they are off. Fact

Kinda missing the point. 

Paul Pogba has just developed a mysterious strain that enables him to see out his £200k a week contract with no risk of major injury and tout himself around Europe. 

We have players on a relative pittance, who have not known if/when their employer would pay them or maybe just go bust, who have no contract offer on the table,  have run themselves into the ground in horrendously unfair circumstances where points deductions have relegated them to a lower division...

They have every excuse to be jumping ship but they are saying they want to stay. Maybe they won't all do so, but it's mightily heartening nonetheless.