The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 hours ago, angieram said:

The administrators have really pushed back against this every time it has been mooted.

They just keep telling us to buy tickets, hospitality, merchandise (in that order.)

I understand they are concerned about what fans would want back in return for our money e.g. (shock, horror!) a say in how our club is run.

That's what needs to change in future because at the moment the fans have no say in what happens to our club.

Whatever happens in the next few weeks, we have to keep fighting for this. We cannot let the men in suits, be that owners, officials, administrators keep getting their way.

I, (we the fans?) would want, no Q, no MM, no SP, no Sheik, no Cocu Alonso but a club that owns the stadium, ran sustainably, responibly, as an asset for its community.

Oh, and some players.

On the long drive home post match with @South east ram today, after discussing the current situation ad infinitum as standard, he came up with the following theory that made me even more depressed.

What if liquidation has actually been decided on and we are just playing out the end of the season to finish it off to its natural conclusion and bring in the most money for the creditors? With no stadium, huge outstanding debts, almost certain relegation, a -15 points deduction to start next season with in L1 with a squad of 5 players, no-one is going to pay over the odds for this.

The remaining players we have who can be released are being sold, such as Plange and Festy. The club plays the remaining games of this season to bring in match day income that can eventually go to the creditors. And that is it. 

There will be the usual statements to say they tried hard to sell the club but with all the complicating factors it could not attract bids that would satisfy the various creditors, and we will be left shell shocked wondering how it all came to this.

I desperately hope he is wrong, but unless Mel decides to gift the stadium or personally settle the debts, or a buyer pays these off and spends a lot more buying Derby than they could get another Championship club for, I do fear that perhaps we are already in the end game without realising it.

2 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

On the long drive home post match with @South east ram today, after discussing the current situation ad infinitum as standard, he came up with the following theory that made me even more depressed.

What if liquidation has actually been decided on and we are just playing out the end of the season to finish it off to its natural conclusion and bring in the most money for the creditors? With no stadium, huge outstanding debts, almost certain relegation, a -15 points deduction to start next season with in L1 with a squad of 5 players, no-one is going to pay over the odds for this.

The remaining players we have who can be released are being sold, such as Plange and Festy. The club plays the remaining games of this season to bring in match day income that can eventually go to the creditors. And that is it. 

There will be the usual statements to say they tried hard to sell the club but with all the complicating factors it could not attract bids that would satisfy the various creditors, and we will be left shell shocked wondering how it all came to this.

I desperately hope he is wrong, but unless Mel decides to gift the stadium or personally settle the debts, or a buyer pays these off and spends a lot more buying Derby than they could get another Championship club for, I do fear that perhaps we are already in the end game without realising it.

My god I hope you are wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right unfortunately.

I think we are done sadly, and I feel that I'm starting to accept this eventuality. 

I suspect we'll still be a club by next season in league 1, with some ancient players on 6month contracts, but doubt we'll make Christmas and fold.

Edited by alexxxxx

8 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

I think we are done sadly, and I feel that I'm starting to accept this eventuality. 

I suspect we'll still be a club by next season in league 1, with some ancient players on 6month contracts, but doubt we'll make Christmas and fold.

If that happens then all blame is on Mel for me. He has the ability to save this club by giving the stadium back etc. If he refuses to do what's needed then the club's death is totally on his head

32 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Why would they turn down the offers from Kirchner and, even more recently, the Binnies if that was the case?

Even if they were going for more cash, those bids would still offer the creditors more than they'll get if the club is liquidated.

10 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Why would they turn down the offers from Kirchner and, even more recently, the Binnies if that was the case?

Even if they were going for more cash, those bids would still offer the creditors more than they'll get if the club is liquidated.

I must admit to not knowing how the finance from the bids would actually have worked, but the Binnie bid was reported as £30m for the complete club, including the stadium that is owned by MM but has MSD loans against it. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60695605

Would creditors have really got more money this way than liquidation, or the Binnie's a stadium on the cheap?

I hope you are right and if bids have been turned down it means that better ones that will work are on the table, rather than the bids offered don't cover the debts that need to be paid.

2 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

I must admit to not knowing how the finance from the bids would actually have worked, but the Binnie bid was reported as £30m for the complete club, including the stadium that is owned by MM but has MSD loans against it. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60695605

Would creditors have really got more money this way than liquidation, or the Binnie's a stadium on the cheap?

I hope you are right and if bids have been turned down it means that better ones that will work are on the table, rather than the bids offered don't cover the debts that need to be paid.

Binnies are chancers they increased their bid by a few million but this time they wanted the stadium chucked in as well meaning effectively their bid was reduced significantly. 

What infuriates me is this admin, supported by fans ignoring the obvious impending relegation, refused to sell players who wont be here next season.

Costs could have been limited, meaning loans with expensive interest rates could have been limited and funds could have been brought into to support funding and reducing creditors costs, all in the name of some stupid idea of staying up.  What good has it done? None.

I was ridiculed when suggesting the Admin should sell anyone who's contract expires this summer, now what.  Players are and will leave anyway for nothing, and the club will still be League One.  Idiocy, head-in-sand ignorance, all in the name of 'fighting to the end'.

So fed up that the Admin seem to be no different from passionate fans who can't see beyond the end of their nose.  Mel Morris is blatantly still involved, already charging the club rent on the stadium he owns, refusing to take a loss on it.  He chose this Admin team and boy, does it show.

Joke. 

2 minutes ago, SBW said:

What infuriates me is this admin, supported by fans ignoring the obvious impending relegation, refused to sell players who wont be here next season.

Costs could have been limited, meaning loans with expensive interest rates could have been limited and funds could have been brought into to support funding and reducing creditors costs, all in the name of some stupid idea of staying up.  What good has it done? None.

I was ridiculed when suggesting the Admin should sell anyone who's contract expires this summer, now what.  Players are and will leave anyway for nothing, and the club will still be League One.  Idiocy, head-in-sand ignorance, all in the name of 'fighting to the end'.

So fed up that the Admin seem to be no different from passionate fans who can't see beyond the end of their nose.  Mel Morris is blatantly still involved, already charging the club rent on the stadium he owns, refusing to take a loss on it.  He chose this Admin team and boy, does it show.

Joke. 

Which players specifically are you alluding to

26 minutes ago, SBW said:

Joke. 

In what way was it a stupid idea?