The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

With regards to the stadium, I have a question on this. When MM bought the stadium for £80m, one assumes we haven't actually had that £80m lump sum?

If we have, where did it all go? I know we have massive losses but that is obscene.

If we haven't, when can we expect the money from him? How can he own the stadium if he hasn't paid us for it yet?

I suspect he used the money he paid for the stadium to pay off a loan the club owed him.

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

No there is no such rule. Of course EFL could make one up just for us. They have previous. 

There will be a further penalty. The EFL always revisit. They disgust me.

I am praying for a whistleblower. They will be found out one day. It’s been going on for years as they hide behind opaque procedures that can seemingly be changed or invented on a whim.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Wasn’t that figure used purely for FFP purposes !

Yeah but it can't have been made up, surely there actually exists an agreement signed by Morris and the club that states he is to pay this figure?

As @Gritstone Ramsays above, maybe he offset it against a loan we owed him. Which is a serious Bamford move if so. Repossess the stadium from the club he purports to love

18 minutes ago, Tombo said:

With regards to the stadium, I have a question on this. When MM bought the stadium for £80m, one assumes we haven't actually had that £80m lump sum?

If we have, where did it all go? I know we have massive losses but that is obscene.

If we haven't, when can we expect the money from him? How can he own the stadium if he hasn't paid us for it yet?

I’d assume that it just sat as money owed to Mel Morris, there definitely won’t have been any physical transfer of money. It was purely paper based for FFP. 

I'm pretty sure Mel did "pay" himeself the full asking price of the stadium, one of his defences was if he'd sold it himself undervalued the taxman might be interested in him.

Because it was between two companies he owned, I'm not sure hom the moving occured but there was some evidence of the transaction happening at the full value. Weather any company not owned by Mel Morris would've bought PP at that price, we'll never know.

Just going back to the whole EFL ridiculus value back in the first hearing, were the ELF side thinking they'll give a really low figure (against DCFC's really high figure) and the tribunal will decide something in the middl was most likely real - then the tribunal decided "Derby had some credibility to thier evidence, EFL did not not, thus Derby's value is accepted.

5 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I’d assume that it just sat as money owed to Mel Morris, there definitely won’t have been any physical transfer of money. It was purely paper based for FFP. 

Right, but the money is owed to Derby County Football Club, who previously owned the stadium, not Mel Morris. So has he paid us?

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm pretty sure Mel did "pay" himeself the full asking price of the stadium, one of his defences was if he'd sold it himself undervalued the taxman might be interested in him.

Because it was between two companies he owned, I'm not sure hom the moving occured but there was some evidence of the transaction happening at the full value. Weather any company not owned by Mel Morris would've bought PP at that price, we'll never know.

Just going back to the whole EFL ridiculus value back in the first hearing, were the ELF side thinking they'll give a really low figure (against DCFC's really high figure) and the tribunal will decide something in the middl was most likely real - then the tribunal decided "Derby had some credibility to thier evidence, EFL did not not, thus Derby's value is accepted.

To be fair, the EFL went with the upper figure from the value rnsge they were given. It's just that the valuer thought the standard of stadium was on par with Morecambe's (3 terraced stands) based it on replacing PPS with one at 80% capacity.

18 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Right, but the money is owed to Derby County Football Club, who previously owned the stadium, not Mel Morris. So has he paid us?

He’s paid us by putting in millions every year to keep us afloat. The season we sold the stadium for £80m we made a profit of £14m…only £14m. So that means he’s effectively paid £66m out on wages/transfer fees/heat/light/power etc.

I guarantee he paid and more. 

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

He’s paid us by putting in millions every year to keep us afloat. The season we sold the stadium for £80m we made a profit of £14m…only £14m. So that means he’s effectively paid £66m out on wages/transfer fees/heat/light/power etc.

That's hardly the point is it? He repossessed the stadium to pay debts that he got us in to 

2 minutes ago, Mckram said:

He only had to put in that money because of his profligate spending! 

Just now, Tombo said:

That's hardly the point is it? He repossessed the stadium to pay debts that he got us in to 

You asked if we got the £80m so I was just trying to explain that it’s not the case of an £80m bank transfer but we did get it.

But on the point of the ethics behind it, at the time he was trying to keep us as competitive as possible and compete against parachute payments. Looking back now yes it was totally the wrong thing to do, but what if we somehow managed to beat Villa…fairly certain there would be a statue of Mel outside the ground as crazy as that sounds. 

36 minutes ago, Rev said:

He only had to put in that money because of his profligate spending! 

Totally agree. Again though, if you’re Leeds/Villa/Bournemouth/Leicester/Wolves it’s paid off and the owners are still loved. It just shows how flawed the whole thing is.

I can only think of Burnley and Norwich who have got up sustainably…maybe Brighton? Even then someone may prove me wrong.

14 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Totally agree. Again though, if you’re Leeds/Villa/Bournemouth/Leicester/Wolves it’s paid off and the owners are still loved. It just shows how flawed the whole thing is.

I can only think of Burnley and Norwich who have got up sustainably…maybe Brighton? Even then someone may prove me wrong.

A few seem to have stabilised... Southampton, Palace. But then I thought Bournemouth had and you can still blow up and they've shown that one bad season and relegation is quite hard to turnaround. 

Hoping I can speak for the majority of fans when I say the following:

Whoever in their right mind is willing to even consider buying a football club in a poor state, never mind the state that Melvyn Morris left us in, earns my respect completely.

Whether it be the Binnie family, whether it be Appleby and co. Whether it will be Mike Ashley, or whoever else, Thank you.

Thank you for wanting to turn this football club around, get us out the pooper, and allowing us to continue to be a football club.

Whoever takes over, I hope they understand that they will be supported by one of the greatest fanbases in England (And yes, that may be biased, although the support we have shown for this club, throughout the poo that we’ve been through, is genuinely surreal).

I hope that whoever it is who buys us, understands how much this football club means to it’s staff, it’s fans, and it’s local community, and I hope that whatever may happen, that we will have our Derby County to enjoy, to allow us to take our minds out of reality, to allow us that safe space away from demons one may face in the real world, to allow us to be able to rally together, have a bloody good laugh and a good time, and to ultimately support this fantastic, amazing, bloody stressful club.

Come On You Rams. Let’s make ourselves known these next two games, let’s show the world what Derby COUNTY is all about, and what an honour it would be for anyone to own a football club with such appreciative and passionate supporters.

????

7 hours ago, Mckram said:

Erm, I can only help prove you more right...

https://theathletic.com/news/brighton-loan-finances-debt-latest/ESzqXFHhLNBI/%3famp=1

Edited by Mihangel

@kevinhectoring @duncanjwitham @davenportram thanks for your posts late yesterday. Appreciated.

I had seen the BAWT minutes, but did skim through them whilst working, but had not seen Morris had agreed to grant a purchase option on the stadium post-Administration. Perhaps I am blind to anything good Morris might do ??

That does make the Binnie offer more workable, as presumably the offer of £28m has been made on the assumption that MSD will be (100%) happy to accept an extended term loan on the current debt, cross supported still by personal guarantee and third party stadium security from Mel and Gellaw, confirmed football debtors will get 100%, and HMRC and unsecured creditors 25% each, all under a CVA arrangement. The EFL also  can retain their tenuous hold on the arbitration claims being contingent football creditors.

The above said, I personally still would like to see a deal proceed where we get the stadium back now, Morris is consigned to the waste bin of football history, and the EFL and Gibson crushed in a Court of Law. 3 points today would be the cherry on top.