The Administration Thread

Boycie

28 minutes ago, DcfcMatt said:

I totally agree, there are too many smoggies on there giving red thumbs to comments supporting the article. We need to turn the tide.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10424221/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Middlesbrough-Wycombes-lawsuits-Derby-based-fantasy-seasons.html

I have struggled to stay on top of things the last few days and could easily have missed this if a friend hadn't tweeted it.

I really think this article deserves it's own thread sp nobody misses it and EVERYBODY can tweet it or share across any social media platform because it could be a game changer in shifting/involving public opinion.

How about it admins?

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

This point is highly significant. As I've been telling nobheads on Twitter for some time now, Quantuma owe a greater duty to established creditors than unproven claims that haven't been tested in Court or Arbitration. Those who blather on about "just settle those claims and a takeover can proceed" need to understand this. 

Yes

the argument against what you say is that you get to a point where the delta between liquidation and going concern value is staring you in the face. And that you are then entitled to pay anything up to that delta to make them duck off 

of course in Gibbo’s world, MM provides the cash 

23 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I've just read this article, I don't normally believe much that comes from the Daily Mail, but this article by Martin Samuel is brilliant and has needed to be put out there by the media for some time. What we need now is for more of the mainstream media, like Sky and the BBC to run with this and show up Boro and WW for what they are.

Me too, hits the nail on the head. Shared it on Facebook and with friends.......agree about the Fail too but fair play....

9 hours ago, CBRammette said:

I know. The bad news also seems to coincide with my dad having tragic dementia times. I have never been so stressed generally and obsessed with my phone. Felt for B4 last night and knew how he felt so have tried to minimise time looking at this today then when plodding through the volume saw all the desperate stuff and it seemed so very very bad. Then saw about the £7m and felt my eyes welling up. Dont know what to think at this point. Draining. 

Feel for you. Tough times but you're strong, you've got this. ?

1 minute ago, Pikeyram said:

Now now, that's a naughty accusation....

Off to sulk in my caravan now

It wasn’t an accusation my fellow Ram. It was a genuine question. It was like you asking me if I wanted to buy a dog.

You enjoy your day in the caravan; I’ve just looked outside my house and there is no sign of it affecting me.

5 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I have struggled to stay on top of things the last few days and could easily have missed this if a friend hadn't tweeted it.

I really think this article deserves it's own thread sp nobody misses it and EVERYBODY can tweet it or share across any social media platform because it could be a game changer in shifting/involving public opinion.

How about it admins?

It’s featured in the Daily Updates thread. All important tidbits are kept there for ease of keeping up to do date without needing to comb the ever increasing threads and topics. 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes

the argument against what you say is that you get to a point where the delta between liquidation and going concern value is staring you in the face. And that you are then entitled to pay anything up to that delta to make them duck off 

of course in Gibbo’s world, MM provides the cash 

Yes, of course. But if the claims are agreed at level where no bidder is willing to proceed, Liquidation becomes inevitable and no-one below MSD gets a bean, bar Football Creditors perhaps 10p/20p in the £ from the EFL compensation fund.

All of those small businesses that the SM warriors are concerned about get nothing. 

9 hours ago, twelveincher said:

I know I am biased but this article is fantastic and explains the problem exactly.

It is accurate, funny, and places our situation in the wider footballing context to make other clubs fans sit up and listen.

It's the article to share when we are under fire from outsiders who don't understand the situation.

I don't trust the Daily Mail but this is a stroke of genius.

8 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

It’s featured in the Daily Updates thread. All important tidbits are kept there for ease of keeping up to do date without needing to comb the ever increasing threads and topics. 

Ok, I see it now.

In any case, I was thinking a rallying round to promote it would probably be more effective than signing a petition. It's general public awareness we need imho. Or even the awareness of other fans of what is actually happening.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Me too, hits the nail on the head. Shared it on Facebook and with friends.......agree about the Fail too but fair play....

To be fair Samuel called out the "Alternative fixture list " fiasco last summer. He's been about the only sports journalist who evenly remotely gets it. 

25 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

How about it admins?

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

To be fair Samuel called out the "Alternative fixture list " fiasco last summer. He's been about the only sports journalist who evenly remotely gets it. 

That alternative fixture list nonsense just sums up the EFL's entire attitude to this for me.  Endless mad panic, lurching from one disaster to another, because their rules are clearly inadequate for the job, and they don't have the moral authority or the diplomacy to smooth over it.

I don't think they had any choice but to deal with 2 potential fixtures lists, because they'd managed to engineer the situation where the season was starting and they still hadn't managed to fully figure out which league teams were supposed to be in.  Now 2 teams have decided to just ride roughshod over the EFL's disciplinary process because they didn't like the outcome another team was given, and the EFL is just burying their head in the sand because they don't know what to do.

23 minutes ago, angieram said:

I know I am biased but this article is fantastic and explains the problem exactly.

It is accurate, funny, and places our situation in the wider footballing context to make other clubs fans sit up and listen.

It's the article to share when we are under fire from outsiders who don't understand the situation.

I don't trust the Daily Mail but this is a stroke of genius.

He is also high profile