The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

This is grim. We are done. EFL will not save us as it exposes themselves to a potential lawsuit from Boro. That lawsuit would destroy them. It's damage limitation to "just" lose Derby County.

There are 69 other clubs who can make life extremely uncomfortable for the two parasite clubs 

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No! duck it we fight on. We want to be here in the football leagues to remind these utter bankers and their cohorts every season from now until forever. Whatever it costs!

We are Derby County we Fight 'til the end. 

Absolutely Roy .. what I mean is .. don’t pay the bankers a cent ! They are due nothing ! No surrender 

But the EFL are the ones who hold the golden key .. they need to be attacked on all fronts and exposed for the cowboys they are. Everything else is just padding and happenstance. 

7 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Am I right in saying that the problems are solved if the EFL state that Middlesbrough and Wycombe's claims cannot be classified as "footballing debts"?

And then, that the potential new owners believe that the claims will not be successful.

I think you are correct.  But reading the EFL's stance on it, there is zero chance of that happening.  They have listed the ways it can be resolved and I don't see them budging on that.  No matter how much 'pressure' is put on them by MPs.

5 minutes ago, SBW said:

I think you are correct.  But reading the EFL's stance on it, there is zero chance of that happening.  They have listed the ways it can be resolved and I don't see them budging on that.  No matter how much 'pressure' is put on them by MPs.

All to avoid being sued by MFC, which would be double embarrassing now Gibson is part of the establishment over there. He'd have to leave the room for his own hearings.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

14 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Am I right in saying that the problems are solved if the EFL state that Middlesbrough and Wycombe's claims cannot be classified as "footballing debts"?

And then, that the potential new owners believe that the claims will not be successful.

Just the first and we are as Appleby has already said "good to go".

1 hour ago, StrawHillRam said:

I think it’s more about when points deductions resulting from ffp are applied and if they were done at the time they would have changed any League positions 

If reading’s  ffp breach should have resulted in points deduction  in that season bug was delayed then other clubs could claim as per Wycombe

Well then...

Birmingham failed the 3y period to 2018 and got their deduction in the 18/19 season (which is what should happen)

Whilst Derby were originally charged woth failing the same period as Birmingham, it was actually the one period we passed. We failed the following periods:

3y to 2017 (£7.76m) = 17/18 (6 points)

3y to 2019 (£11.72m) = 19/20 (8 points)

4y to 2021 (£1.96m) = 21/22 (3 points)

Coincidentally, Boro are claiming we should have had the penalty in 18/19 whereas Wycombe belive it should have been 20/21.

Preston and Millwall missed out on 6th in 17/18 by 2 and 3 points respectively. That's another £45m claim against Derby right there.

Note: Reading failed the period up to 2021 and got theirs in 21/22.

50 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

How about funding is already lined up, IF the EFL allow us to exit administration with Boro and Wycombe not deemed creditors because nothing is proven, they have bought no legal case yet.

For me the administrators solution has already been put forward, the EFL need to act on it.

Further to that, it begs the question what could be unduly influencing their consideration on the plan the administrators have put forward? As the EFL statement says, those with vested interests in a discussion have to absent themselves - and now that their dodgy deal to avoid being sued by Boro is in the public domain, couldn’t it be argued (by the likes of Margaret Beckett) that Rick Parry, and anyone else involved in appeasing Gibson’s original threat to sue the EFL, has a vested interest n considering our CVA exit plan?

Parliament could insist that an independent panel considers the legality of our exit plan immediately and take EFL out of the equation - after Tuesdays debate, it’s clear that they’re looking at disbanding them as soon as possible anyway. 

55 minutes ago, SBW said:

I just don't see the EFL budging on their stance, especially after their statement the other day, whether a few MP's and their pals complain or not.  

I think the attitude needs to be resolving the issue in one of the approved EFL ways.  They aren't afraid to see clubs go, they've done it before.  People will say, 'yeah but they weren't Derby'.  I honestly don't think it matters.  

SBW you are Eeyore and I claim my £5. There is now massive pressure on EFL. And Gibson and Couhig will understand they could shortly be exposed as the toe rags they truly are.  We have massive parliamentary and civic momentum behind finding a solution. You are right that the EFl won’t change its position on the ‘football creditor’ point. But this is now a question of finding a solution that allows all parties to save face - everyone needs one. The only danger is too many cooks in the kitchen. 

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 hour ago, DRS94 said:

Anyone else feel really low, Derby was the only thing for a lot of us to pull us out of the covid depression I'm genuinely unsure of what to do with myself every weekend from February until forever

Derby County will continue in some form or another and in some league or another. That's the only thing I'm clinging to. 

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

SBW you are Eeyore and I claim my £5. There is now massive pressure on EFL. And Gibson and Couhig will understand they could shortly be exposed as the toe rags they truly are.  We have massive parliamentary and civic momentum behind finding a solution. You are right that the EFl won’t change its position on the ‘football creditor’ point. But this is now a question of finding a solution that allows all parties to save face - everyone needs one. The only danger is too many cooks in the kitchen. 

Expect the worst and you are never disappointed!

In all seriousness, maybe Couhig and/or Gibson will crack.  Do you believe they will, though?  It doesn't feel like they will to me.  Time will obviously tell. 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

This, They will have to come up with face saving get out of jail free card, Or we go pop at some time, EFL are the Patsies, The Gangster is Boro, If we(Boro)don't pull the trigger on you, You'd better pull it on Derby County, EFL are now banged up in a corner, Boro are pretty much in the driving seat aiming the car at us, The vehicle is the EFL.

26 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Well then...

Birmingham failed the 3y period to 2018 and got their deduction in the 18/19 season (which is what should happen)

Whilst Derby were originally charged woth failing the same period as Birmingham, it was actually the one period we passed. We failed the following periods:

3y to 2017 (£7.76m) = 17/18 (6 points)

3y to 2019 (£11.72m) = 19/20 (8 points)

4y to 2021 (£1.96m) = 21/22 (3 points)

Coincidentally, Boro are claiming we should have had the penalty in 18/19 whereas Wycombe belive it should have been 20/21.

Preston and Millwall missed out on 6th in 17/18 by 2 and 3 points respectively. That's another £45m claim against Derby right there.

Note: Reading failed the period up to 2021 and got theirs in 21/22.

There's a paradox built into the whole system : strictly speaking, the club has gained an advantage in the 3 year period of the breach, whereas the PD is to apply in the first season following that. So the teams that are disadvantaged during the period of the breach may get no 'recompense' whilst teams who may not have been disadvantaged in the year the PD is applied may not have been.

I haven't posted on here for ages as have been busy with work etc but feeling a bit emotional tonight. The EFL, Middlesbrough, and Wycombe will all be stains on football forever if they allow this to happen. But if the worst case scenario happens we'll be a phoenix club cheered on by an entire city. And we will bounce all the way back. By the time we're back in the Championship, the EFL will have been declared not fit for purpose, Wycombe will still be a tinpot League 1 team, and Steve Gibson will still be a Bamford.

I've never supported Derby expecting us to win anything, that's boring, I support the club because it's always been a shared passion I have with my Dad and my family all come from Derby. I don't want that to be taken away from me, and I know DCFC matters even more to lots of the members of this forum.

COYR

Edited by angieram
Trying to get round swear filter