The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd agree with that.

However, what I'm baffled by is the apparent ultimatum by EFL to DCFC to get this sorted by 1st Feb, or face the consequences.

For this to go to arbitration/LAP, wouldn't that require action by the parasites, not us? Them making it official, so to speak?
Shouldn't the EFL be giving any deadlines and ultimatums to the parasites?  "Make it official by x date, or your claim won't be acknowledged, your case won't be heard, and for wasting everybody's time, we'll also shave every pubic hair from your head"!

How come DCFC are the ones facing the deadline, when we can't make that next move forward?

?‍♂️

There are 2 separate issues that are getting conflated. One is that we need funding to see out the season. The other is that we apparently can’t name a preferred bidder until the ‘Boro and Wycombe cases are sorted, because the bidders don’t want to  take on the risk.  The issues are linked because we were seemingly intending to use the preferred bidder as our source of funding.  The feb 1st deadline arises because if we get to then without selling players, we’ve lost our primary means of raising funds, with the transfer window closed.

Not saying it’s right or wrong, but that’s what appears to be the situation.

Edited by duncanjwitham
Fat fingers

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Q has told you the EFL is ‘going against statute’. We’ve had 100 posts on here today that take that as gospel. But so far as I know not one of those posters has explained what statute they are going against, and what they have done that contravenes that statute 

No. But we have had scenarios based around the 'new' premises of (can't remember the jargon) 'class-cramming' and separating creditors. Which seems to have turned down by the EFL. What else could it be?

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Floodgates ! The league becomes a courtroom if they get a penny. The best Boro will do in an arbitration is:

yes we agree Derby is in breach of the contract between the clubs and the EFL, because it broke the rules 

BUT it is a term of that contract that the penalty for FFP breach is through the disciplinary process. So clubs can’t claim damages against each other 

Exactly that -  and that's why I'm wondering if  it's giving pause for thought - not just from DCFC but it's risky for EFL. They seem to be pushing for either a quiet 'here's a few quid' from Derby or force it through the route you described, possibly hoping for that outcome. I think EFL are probably more concerned about an exit that could see Derby vs Boro in court. Just thinking aloud really...

It would be good if either BAWT or RT could dig for a bit more info on that. I suspect they'd just get the 'it's a legal matter' response though...

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£180m for promotion based on increased income in the first season of being in the PL, followed by 2 seasons of parachute payments.

4 teams in the playoffs.

£180m / 4 = £45m

Because of course every club that achieves promotion runs at a massive profit and therefore has pots of cash long after the parachute payments have gone..... 

Think they're maybe missing half the story from their number....... 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£180m for promotion based on increased income in the first season of being in the PL, followed by 2 seasons of parachute payments.

4 teams in the playoffs.

£180m / 4 = £45m

To have cheated them out of a prem place, wouldn't we have had to cheat our way into a prem place?

All we cheated them out of was a rather fantastic night in Leeds, and a bit of a shindig in Covent Garden.  No more, no less!  ?

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

To have cheated them out of a prem place, wouldn't we have had to cheat our way into a prem place?

All we cheated them out of was a rather fantastic night in Leeds, and a bit of a shindig in Covent Garden.  No more, no less!  ?

Spot on brother. 

You should send them your bar bill..... ?

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Does Gibson seriously believe Boro would have gone up? There's no chance they would have beat Leeds and Villa. Middlesbrough weren't good enough. End of.

Here's a thing. Just been on the Sheffield Wednesday board because I was curious as another team that was penalised what they would make of the situation as opposed to some of the 'butter wouldn't melt' brigade that we hear so much from. Some remarkably lucid stuff here that seems to grasp the crux of the issue.. Fair play and I hope you'll forgive me quoting you Owls fans.

"£45million because it was Derbys fault Middlesbrough went on a 6 game losing streak between March and April costing them a play off place? Perhaps if his side actually made an effort to attack Aston Villa in the previous play off campaign, they may have been in the PL that season. What a loser Gibson has become"

"I don't really get how boro have got a claim for that amount tbh. Was it sorted in court or via the EFL? Is it legitimate or is it pube head trying it on cos he doesn't like other teams having parachute payments etc  but was fine when they had em? As far as I know he doesnt make the rules." 

"They haven’t been awarded anything. It’s pending legal action."

"They can make almost any claim they want. If it was tested in court, I doubt Middlesbrough would be awarded damages anything like that, even if they won."

"The problem for Derby’s administrators is that they don’t have the time or money to fight it in court."

"Are Bristol City looking at suing as well? They gave up after Derby beat them 2-0 at their place (3rd last game of the season). Had they won or draw that game, they would have probably beaten Hull City that season to get 6th place instead of Middlesbrough. Their goal difference would have been better than Boro's. "

"Isn't Gibbo going after us still because we beat Middlesbrough 1-0 that season at their place? Those dropped points didn't help "

"Why are the EFL insisting Boros claim is dealt with ??   It’s a nonsense claim that hasn’t been through the courts so why do the EFL find it reasonable to hold back a takeover on the basis of Boros ‘claim’ "

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

There are 2 separate issues that are getting conflated. One is that we need funding to see out the season. The other is that we apparently can’t name a preferred bidder until the ‘Boro and Wycombe cases are sorted, because the bidders don’t want to  take on the risk.  The issues are linked because we were seemingly intending to use the preferred bidder as our source of funding.  The feb 1st deadline arises because if we get to then without selling players, we’ve lost our primary means of raising funds, with the transfer window closed.

Not saying it’s right or wrong, but that’s what appears to be the situation.

No.  Our primary means of raising enough funds was to name a PB, and allow them to chivvy up.  EFL are saying we can't do that until the parasites have been dealt with to an all round agreeable outcome.  All we have is an email off curly sue saying he's considering removing our panties, and would we mind bending down so he can reach them. 
Nothing official.  No legal papers.  No summons.  No hearing dates.  How the hell do we sort that out.  It's little more than thin air, as it stands!

Selling the entire first team "might" just about raise the required funds... but then we wouldn't be able to fulfil our fixtures!

4 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Just been on the Sheffield Wednesday board

To butcher a Matrix quote, “Unfortunately, no one can be told what the EFL’s disciplinary process is. You have to see it for yourself.” I’m pretty sure they’re all well aware of the kind of madness we’re dealing with.

Genuine question, what sort of (legitimate) influence can local MP's have on the EFL.  What sort of pressure can they put on?

I'm trying to think logically as to the impact they can have to possibly try and force hands?  I am struggling to see anything that could be 'instant' as such.  I mentioned pushing for reform, which is a long-term issue.  I'm not sure they have any real voting influence as such to harm the EFL.

Maybe Sports Minister could try, but the money involved in the game makes the authorities so powerful. 

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

No.  Our primary means of raising enough funds was to name a PB, and allow them to chivvy up.  EFL are saying we can't do that until the parasites have been dealt with to an all round agreeable outcome.  All we have is an email off curly sue saying he's considering removing our panties, and would we mind bending down so he can reach them. 
Nothing official.  No legal papers.  No summons.  No hearing dates.  How the hell do we sort that out.  It's little more than thin air, as it stands!

Selling the entire first team "might" just about raise the required funds... but then we wouldn't be able to fulfil our fixtures!

Like I said, I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but the EFLs position seems to be that we need to sell players to raise the funds, because there’s no guarantee we get a preferred bidder sorted in time, or that the bidder provides the funds or whatever.

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where have they mentioned that, and isn't it down to the EFL and their take on Gibbos claim?

Reports are that Q is considering a court application next week to get the claims stuck out or similar. This is presumably in the admin proceedings in the high court.  I saw it on news now. Don’t think the EFl has any part to play in the proceedings themselves but we need them to do more behind  the scenes