The Administration Thread

Boycie

Derby players told to approach administrators if they want to leave, as hopes fade of prompt takeover & cash needed to survive season.

Agents more like………………..Rooney must be steaming, he’s now totally out of the loop regards the squad, his next media interview hopefully will show us which way this great club is heading!

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

Give Boro and Wycombe F ALL 

Wycombe ?

It's unbelievable that we're even listening to these claims. They're an irrelevant club to this entire situation, no one has a clue who they are. Spent one season in the championship in the entire existence, were absolutely diabolical and only got there through a jammy points per game system.

So we let Marshall and Baldock go, presumably assuming that the wages provided by them both would be enough for the EFL to allow us to re-sign Jagielka. But that wasn't the case.

So even if we sell players, such as Sibley, there's absolutely no guarantee that the EFL will allow us to sign anyone else. Meaning by selling players we run the risk of having insufficient first team players.

So to summarise:

• We can't sign players without demonstrating we can finance the season
  • We cannot finance the season without selling players
  • And there is no guarantee that if we sold those players that the EFL would be satisfied and would relax our restrictions

Essentially the EFL want to strip our club bare of any assets, making it a League One club which will never be worth our debts

Edited by td_evans

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Wycombe ?

It's unbelievable that we're even listening to these claims. They're an irrelevant club to this entire situation, no one has a clue who they are. Spent one season in the championship in the entire existence, were absolutely diabolical and only got there through a jammy points per game system.

Well the bidders are obviously listening to them as they’re not touching us with a barge pole. Surely one of them sees there’s no case and just challenges it 

If Appleby and co have enough to keep us in the game for a couple of seasons I’d be tempted to make them the preferred bidder.   

Sounds like Ashley can offer us so much more but he’s not prepared to get his hands dirty. In which case he can jog on.

Beyond angry at how all this is being played out. Ashley treating it like a game of chess whilst every single fan is seeing their pride and joy ripped to pieces. Nobody apart from Rooney and the players deserve any bit of our respect or best wishes. 

2 minutes ago, td_evans said:

So we let Marshall and Baldock go, presumably assuming that the wages provided by them both would be enough for the EFL to allow us to re-sign Jagielka. But that wasn't the case.

So even if we sell players, such as Sibley, there's absolutely no guarantee that the EFL will allow us to sign anyone else. Meaning by selling players we run the risk of having insufficient first team players.

So to summarise:

• We can't sign players without demonstrating we can finance the season
  • We cannot finance the season without selling players
  • And there is no guarantee that if we sold those players that the EFL would be satisfied and would relax our restrictions

Essentially the EFL want to strip our club bare of any assets, making it a League One club which will never be worth our debts

I would have thought if we sell any players it will go to reducing the debt and not provide funds to see the season out.

28 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

To be fair how many times have we been here . 

1. We have had a chairman gift one of the finest managers in england to that heap down the road just because he was slightly embaressed he couldnt control him . 

2. We have had Capt bob  either jump of a boat or pushed off a boat while stopping the investment as we were on the verge of doing something great .

3. Only us can qualify for europe for the first time in years that english clubs were banned . 

4. Have the record for the lowest league points in prem history . 

The list keeps on growing longer , how you just become and aston villa or an everton and never do anything in the top leagues but somehow get to stay in it and watch decent football all the time makes my mind blow a fuse . When you think of what we have at our desposal in the ground the fans and the history it just beggars belief . 

And the hits just keep on coming . 

Villa won the league (after we did) and the European cup so hardly doing nothing.

9 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Derby players told to approach administrators if they want to leave, as hopes fade of prompt takeover & cash needed to survive season.

Agents more like………………..Rooney must be steaming, he’s now totally out of the loop regards the squad, his next media interview hopefully will show us which way this great club is heading!

I doubt he'll be at it.  He'll also be Derby Countys last permanent manager.   The race to survive is done after 12 months of lies from all concerned.

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

If Appleby and co have enough to keep us in the game for a couple of seasons I’d be tempted to make them the preferred bidder.   

Sounds like Ashley can offer us so much more but he’s not prepared to get his hands dirty. In which case he can jog on.

Beyond angry at how all this is being played out. Ashley treating it like a game of chess whilst every single fan is seeing their pride and joy ripped to pieces. Nobody apart from Rooney and the players deserve any bit of our respect or best wishes. 

Think you're jumping to a whole heap of conclusions there - far more likely that Ashley has told the Admins that he'll meet the price set by the creditors IF the admins can get an agreement that the spurious claims will go away. They appear to have failed to do that (or to get the EFL to squash the legal threats) so he's told them he won't complete the deal - can't say I'd blame him and I'd be amazed if Applbey would buy us either in that situation.

No one would buy a house if there was a threat that you may have to pay double the price somewhere down the line yet that's what the possible buyers are being asked to do while the two muppets are waving their compensation cases in our direction.....

15 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

So another buyer getting infuriated with quantuma. What the heck are they doing .

*If*, for example, HMRC are saying we will only take 100% and the bidders are saying we'll only pay 25%, then I don't see what Quantuma can actually do.  The same with 'Boro and Wycombe, if there's a gaping chasm between what those clubs would agree to and what potential bidders are willing to cover, then again, I don't see what they can possibly do.  They can't force those parties to radically alter their demands. 

I think you have to assume that Quantuma are acting in good faith, because there really isn't that much incentive for them to not.  They risk losing their license to practice if they are genuinely being dodgy, and even beyond that, the last thing they want is a reputation for screwing things up.  If you're after an administrator, particularly as a another football club, would you want the ones that liquidated Derby County?

Just now, Sparkle said:

Not according to the EFL it seems 

I doubt that's the way the administrators see it,their job is to reduce the debt not to make sure we see the season out, we have transfer payments due next month which will be more of a priority to the administrators to make sure they are paid.