The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So the EFL wont let us renew any contracts and wont let us sell the club (because they think the claims of Boro and Wycomb are more important)? What the duck to they expect us to do?

If that's what "working closely" means then they can duck off. Absolutely disgusting.

Maybe they want us to go under as a "lesson" to all the other clubs ??

They most certainly are not helping us in any way shape or form

I fully understand the EFL wanting to know we have enough money to cover the bills until the end of the season before sanctioning new players & contracts.

However, why would we have enough money? The reason we're in admin is because we didnt. The admins have taken out small loans to cover us probably until the end of Jan as that is when they expected a bidder to be named which in turn means a deposit to cover us until the end of the season.

The admins either need so name a preferred bidder (if there is one) or try and get another loan out to cover the bills for the rest of the season, downside to that is it will be another debt for a new owner to take on.

I also see why Jags has had his contract cancelled, no reason for him to risk injur ytomorrow to then be without a club.

Edited by DCFC1388

23 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I’m no expert in these things but from the start of all this it has been obvious that we can’t move forward while ever Middlesbrough and Wycombe have these claims. We are basically up poo creek without a paddle. No one will come in and pay them off and they aren’t going to drop their case. It doesn’t look good. I feel sick. The best thing I can do is delete all forms of social media off my phone because it’s really starting to make me feel depressed.

Surely if  Middlesbrough and Wycombe won't drop their fatuous claims, and subsequently, frighten off all potential buyers, the club will be liquidated. What do Middlesbrough and Wycombe get out of it? Nothing. It's completely pointless.

I find it difficult to believe that the owners of these clubs are determined to throw Derby County into the dustbin of history. If they are, they need urgent and serious psychiatric assessment.

33 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

But why would they want to do that? It would still mess up their fixtures, impact other clubs and have a serious impact on staff and players.

My guess is they want us to survive as a fee paying member (when we’ve got some money) but see us relegated.

But at this moment we don't have any or very little, if the administrators can't bring things to a satisfactory conclusion they will have no option but to liquidate the club.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I want Rooney to come on air tomorrow and tell us like it is.

Any fine he would receive for tarnishing the game (as if that's possible), he could afford no problem.

I want him to rip into the EFL. The greatest striker our country has ever produced, needs to tell the world of football what he thinks about men in suits who have never kicked a football in anger targeting one of the founding members of the football league.

There's no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Rooney has got concessions from the EFL before - you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Let's all hope that Rooney is convinced by the Administrators that the club is worth fighting for. #COYR

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I want Rooney to come on air tomorrow and tell us like it is.

Any fine he would receive for tarnishing the game (as if that's possible), he could afford no problem.

I want him to rip into the EFL. The greatest striker our country has ever produced, needs to tell the world of football what he thinks about men in suits who have never kicked a football in anger targeting one of the founding members of the football league.

I sincerely hope he does, no frills, no holds barred, just hammers them for 15 minutes straight 

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Reading between the lines - is this what has happened - the administrators went to the EFL who said we have to include the bills potential to Middlesbrough and Wycombe as football creditors which completely destroys the possible bid to buy the club as sky sports are saying the embargo is because we can’t pay football creditors? 

No …I’m pretty certain both Boro and Wycombe cannot be creditors as nothing has been settled they are though trying to force us to negotiate a settlement …I personally would tell them parasites to FO

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Rooney has got concessions from the EFL before - you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Let's all hope that Rooney is convinced by the Administrators that the club is worth fighting for. #COYR

Wouldn't surprise me if he walked at this point. If we come out of this transfer window having lost a load of key players then what motivation does he have to stay? Survival will be impossible. He's already enhanced his reputation. He can sit by the phone and wait for a fresh opportunity, I'd imagine he wouldn't have to wait for too long.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We're still under embargo due to not filing the accounts, defaulting on a HMRC payment(s), and entering administration. I'm not sure if this is actually news ?

Exactly @Ghost of Clough

We were under an embargo in the last few transfer windows and we are still under an embargo in this one. Maybe a different version but an embargo all the same. 

The trading ability for DCFC has been suffocated for an extended period and much longer than anyone else in English (possibly global) football history.

FFP my arse there’s no Fair Play evident here whatsoever

Owen Bradley indicating on Twitter that the EFL moved the goalposts yesterday at the meeting, effectively blindsiding the admins.

If true, and it will hopefully come out in the admins statement later, as a fan base we can’t sit back and tolerate this any further. 

Protests, media campaigns, the lot - I’m not prepared to sit back any longer and let these spiteful cowards destroy my football club. 

I get that some fans are still saying there are no need for overreactions or histrionics and until this week I was broadly in the place of trusting that a reasonable solution could be found. That time has passed now and I think someway and somehow that fans, supporters groups, people from within in the club need to collectively be calling the EFL out on noisier, more frequent basis using whatever platform is available to us. I'm not saying that's easy and I'm not sure how that can be done but I don't want us to see our club passively take a kicking either. Maybe it is just emotion talking but history is littered with examples of people collectively influencing those in power to enable change. At the bare minimum to use a recent Roy Keaneism 'Even If if you just go out a smash someone to make yourself feel better, just do it'. I don't know, feeling pretty despondent.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I wondered about it.

After all it's the Daily Fail bankers. Lots of the squad are out of contract at the end of the season. So they have always been able to do January pre-contracts with other clubs. What else is there to tell them except for we can't do any deals atm.

If the administrators don’t through us another BS line of “bidder named over the weekend!” Then my fear is it’s all over.

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Owen Bradley indicating on Twitter that the EFL moved the goalposts yesterday at the meeting, effectively blindsiding the admins.

If true, and it will hopefully come out in the admins statement later, as a fan base we can’t sit back and tolerate this any further. 

Protests, media campaigns, the lot - I’m not prepared to sit back any longer and let these spiteful cowards destroy my football club. 

Something needs to be done everyone can see the vendetta against us, get within touching reach of safety and yet another possible deduction, it’s painfully obvious what they’re doing and I can’t believe they’re getting away with it.