Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on Scottish/Malaysian Billionaire Bid

Kernow

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

MM said very little, he left Rooney to answer all the questions and deal with the suppositions and gossip being bandied about.

not the point I was talking about. MM was effusive about Rooney in his interview. There was no sarcasm or irony and those who say he was insincere would have been up in arms if he had been critical

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

And again you moved the goalposts - I asked (twice) whether you were saying that making it public excused the act?

again? 

don't mind stating the obvious: the act is the act. The decision to publish is separate. And never the twain shall meet. I was talking about the latter until you started throwing smoke bombs.  My eyes are watering and I'm off to put the dog out  

4 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Can’t agree. Whatever the merits, however bad a chairman you might think he was. It has to be done in private not public. 

No good chairman, in the history of football, has ever put a club in administration.

Only the worst of the worst in that particular vocation manage that, considerably worse when you began cash rich in the first place. 

There is no defending him. 

I doubt that DCFC has ever been "cash rich" as a business, except perhaps for short periods during the year coinciding with ST renewals or a major player sale. Even GSE had to cover £Ms of losses every season and were heavily criticised for their "lack of ambition". 

One day, the full story may come out, but I doubt that calling in the Administrators is an easy decision for any Chairman, good or bad. 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

No good chairman, in the history of football, has ever put a club in administration.

Only the worst of the worst in that particular vocation manage that, considerably worse when you began cash rich in the first place. 

There is no defending him. 

Was Lionel Pickering the worst? He just ran out of money in the end. And didn’t have COVID as an excuse. But he was a good guy.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

Why do I have a feeling number 4 is Ashley and these two jocks were there to look at the books and then Ashley reviews whether  he wanted to get involved. 

With his wealth , Ashley could just skip to the front , declare interest , pass Owners test etc

See what you mean but I don't know why but he would not be my choice, neither would Appleby/rush. Been there done that. Don't know about Carlisle capital and admit CK has been on a charm offensive on use the fans. CK , a man we can find little about, is my favourite BUT when something appears to good to be true it normally is. I hope he does not FAA into that category

13 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

See what you mean but I don't know why but he would not be my choice, neither would Appleby/rush. Been there done that. Don't know about Carlisle capital and admit CK has been on a charm offensive on use the fans. CK , a man we can find little about, is my favourite BUT when something appears to good to be true it normally is. I hope he does not FAA into that category

CK wasn't my proffered choice until I realised Rooney knew of him and backs him. He was described by Percy as being the dream buyer as he was in cahoots with a big football agent, Stretford.

CK is an unknown but if Rooney is backing him, Alan Nixon claims he is very wealthy, Simon Jordan claims he is very wealthy, the administrators claim he is very wealthy, the only people doubting him are 40 year old men from chad, me ?

I'm intrigued to see the bid from Appleby, Rush and Moxey though, I have a feeling they have a very wealthy backer, so wealthy that they are letting the money do the talking, just my guess.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

CK wasn't my proffered choice until I realised Rooney knew of him and backs him. He was described by Percy as being the dream buyer as he was in cahoots with a big football agent, Stretford.

CK is an unknown but if Rooney is backing him, Alan Nixon claims he is very wealthy, Simon Jordan claims he is very wealthy, the administrators claim he is very wealthy, the only people doubting him are 40 year old men from chad, me ?

I'm intrigued to see the bid from Appleby, Rush and Moxey though, I have a feeling they have a very wealthy backer, so wealthy that they are letting the money do the talking, just my guess.

Do you think we will eventually know for sure who other parties and backers were and why administrators go with the preferred bidder they chose? I am not sure how much they are duty bound to disclose at some point in the process to show creditors they got best deal rather than just someone who Wayne likes!?

Just now, CBRammette said:

Do you think we will eventually know for sure who other parties and backers were and why administrators go with the preferred bidder they chose? I am not sure how much they are duty bound to disclose at some point in the process to show creditors they got best deal rather than just someone who Wayne likes!?

Good post, I don't know the answer but there will have to be some level of transparency at that point I think, even if it's only to the other bidders. I doubt we'll get much publicly but the duty to creditors will mean we probably get some idea. 

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Protocol says that Admin should not confirm who the other parties are, The NDA i'd have thought goes both ways, Those who didn't make the "prefered bidder" stage can if they feal the need to come out of the closet and say we were one on the bidders.

I believe CK will be there on Monday along with CK being named in the squad.

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

I probably wouldn't want to know.

With our track record of luck, the ones we could have won would probably go onto buying Wycome Wanderers and turning them into the next Man City.

4 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Owt from Nixon recently ? I’m blocked on Twitter, so can’t message him.

Am pretty sure you can toggle between multiple Twitter accounts under the same umbrella mobile number so why don't you just create another account alongside your existing one which won't be then blocked by Nixon?

Unless of course you subsequently upset him again ?