Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

14 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

But tech companies aren’t valued on current earnings   

This is true. But I would also say the valuation of a tech company is irrelevant. Unless it is generating profits (which this one is not) the only way to buy a company is through a stock deal. But the only way to get out of administration is cold hard cash. 

9 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

This is true. But I would also say the valuation of a tech company is irrelevant. Unless it is generating profits (which this one is not) the only way to buy a company is through a stock deal. But the only way to get out of administration is cold hard cash. 

If you’re trying to work out what Kirschner is worth, you need to have an idea what his company is worth. Not an exact science. The Atlantic said it’s not worth enough because it has low CURRENT earnings. The press suggests they have had a fundraising round which valued the company at hundreds of millions and that Goldman is one of the investors. Goldman will be angling for an flotation - or a trade sale - at a price well in excess of the value they bought in at.  K may already have substantial assets outside the company which he can invest in us. If not, the company probably has contracted future (future) earnings that support a vast valuation against which he can easily borrow the pocket change to run a championship club. His is a private company just now so we can only speculate but I’m guessing the young fellow is pretty well heeled. Hence the confidence he and Mr Hoskins have in his future as our custodian. Hoskins will have seen private information on this I would guess and he is pretty chipper about K 

7 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Just watched lowlights on Quest. It starts with  Kirshner getting off a mini bus and the man behind him looks like Piers Morgan. If it is him we are suffering enough and dont deserve this.

That could be Garry Cook. There is a resemblance and someone on Twitter saying they were together at the game

3 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Can’t think why he should consider himself as the new owner just yet. Apart from his random tweets and visibility I’d like to know what his proposed strategy is should he take over. 
Either that, or remain silent like the other bidders. 

I guess because he is the only party to make a formal offer as yet, or maybe he's just tying to show some solidarity.

Really unsure as to what so many are jumping on his back? ?‍♀️

Alan nixon: Derby County’s prospective new owner Chris Kirchner spent upwards of £90million on an aircraft, which he then used to fly into the UK to have a look around the club.

Interesting, but Derby needs improving.

Rich owners for other clubs have been prevented from investing by efl rules, totally unfair but it's happened.

I think you can only spend upto a certain percentage of turnover so I think the rebuild takes a long time?

18 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Alan nixon: Derby County’s prospective new owner Chris Kirchner spent upwards of £90million on an aircraft, which he then used to fly into the UK to have a look around the club.

Rich owners for other clubs have been prevented from investing by efl rules, totally unfair but it's happened.

I think you can only spend upto a certain percentage of turnover so I think the rebuild takes a long time?

First priority is to find someone rich enough and stupid enough to get us out of the financial mess and keep us in business.

any thoughts of rebuilding and storming up the league can come later.

19 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Bit extravagant isn’t it? Is Nico saying he bought it just to see Derby?

Oh come on, did he walk to the golf day he sponsored in Dubai then?

4 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Can’t think why he should consider himself as the new owner just yet. Apart from his random tweets and visibility I’d like to know what his proposed strategy is should he take over. 
Either that, or remain silent like the other bidders. 

Personally, it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. If he wants to tweet, let him regardless on whether he becomes the new owner or not. In terms of his proposed strategy, I don’t think you can really expect him to make that public until/unless he does take over.