Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

I was going to post the obvious & say why couldn't one or two of the interested parties maybe work alongside each other. Read on newsnow that Gadsby & Appleby are considering this. The financial state of the club is complex & maybe each consortia can address a particular situation.

As for Mr Kirchner, I thought his initial statements OTT, but he has been more restrained. I feel a little sorry for him, he comes across as enthusiastic, almost like a child, wanting his own football team but instead he's being asked to buy a basket-case instead.

One last point which may not be relevant to our present situation. We are £68m in debt, the figure quoted, and then you flick through the BBC gossip column, to find that one of the elite are bidding that amount for a player. You could argue the same amounts Mel Morris wasted could keep many a fellow Championship/lower league side in existence for decades.

I hope we learn from this situation that it isn't worth mortgaging the club in an attempt to join - quite probably -  the most ridiculous and irresponsible league in the world.

Good article in Athletic today. 

Reading between the lines CK seems to be preferred bidder before Xmas but after that a long way to go .

Usually takes a month after preferred bidder announced to complete .

Verbal agreement over ground with MM and MSD but says not certain. 
HMRC talks positive but no agreement until preferred bidder 

Preferred bidder will have to get through EFL owners test and negotiate with Boro and Wycombe successfully to avoid going to court

Good news but loads to do yet 

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Reading between the lines CK seems to be preferred bidder before Xmas but after that a long way to go .

Preferred bidder will have to get through EFL owners test and negotiate with Boro and Wycombe successfully to avoid going to court

Heard a rumour this morning that CK is not the preferred bidder.

Heard it will be a consortium of ex owners (no prizes for guessing which ones here) along with a former manager and a very random ex player.

Guess we will all know better next week.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Heard it will be a consortium of ex owners (no prizes for guessing which ones here) along with a former manager and a very random ex player.

Is it Bob Malcolm and if not, then how much more random that Bob Malcolm? ?

Edited by cannable

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Whatever happened to 'Another 48 hours'?

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It was just my interpretation of the Athletic article.   You could be right though .

Is Moxey involved

Edited by Curtains
Added

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

A random ex player? Robbie savage was involved with Macclesfield.

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's going to be Billy Davies isn't it.

Gadsby and Co to take over, Rooney to get the boot and Billy Davies will arrive on the number 72 bus from Galsgeew. 

And my guess for player will be Steve Howard.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Seem to remember Steve Howard tweeting that he’d join a consortium with Don Amott if asked…

2 minutes ago, twelveincher said:

Seem to remember Steve Howard tweeting that he’d join a consortium with Don Amott if asked…

What does someone like Steve Howard actually bring to the party?

I hate it when people text him and you get answers like that. I saw the Tweet.

Genuinely - What does it bring?

Getting on the speculation here, ex manager involved could be McClaren - clearly indicated he wants to be in the football business side of things. Cocu was also reportedly part of an investment group with a load of ex-Dutch players including Bergkamp to buy a club.

As for ex-Derby players who have made decent money outside the game, only one I can think of is Ashley Ward, him and his missus are worth about £40m from their Interior Design and Property business. Think it’s them that have built Rooney’s £20m mansion. 

Nothing like a bit of wild speculation ?

46 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Heard a rumour from a ex player that CK is the preferred bidder has already passed EFL test. They expect to tie everything up inside 2 weeks if given the go ahead.