Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why would any fan want our club to be liquidated, nonsense ?

I don’t think for a minute that any really would;  but there are those who express themselves in a kind of “my death wish / doom seer opinion will be proved right” kind of way, to the point that you begin to think being  right is more important to them  than actually surviving. .. A kind of Spike Milligan inscription of a headstone .. “I told you I was Ill”

Edited by jono

3 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Any club is one ? owner from being where we are. Those wishing doom on us somehow feel their current “status” is locked in forever with no chance that they could be in a ? show if fate and a few errors goes against (like it has for us).

?  happens , people need to see " There but for the grace of the EFL go we " 

15 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Holland are going into full lockdown tomorrow. Could our football go behind closed doors again ? If it does DCFC will require more “Soft Loans”. This means the proverbial goalposts are moving again for any potential buyer. Next weeks preffered bidder cannot come soon enough.

If only the administrators were able to meet their initial targets, we would have had a nice fat 5 million sat in the bank regardless of what happens in the world of Covid.

39 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Holland are going into full lockdown tomorrow. Could our football go behind closed doors again ? If it does DCFC will require more “Soft Loans”. This means the proverbial goalposts are moving again for any potential buyer. Next weeks preffered bidder cannot come soon enough.

Need the preferred buyer to be named quickly. CK will do for me

11 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Agree with all of this. I posted something yesterday that Gboro had already pointed out, because well I didn't see his post. I have got work to do you know.

And yes I don't think there is  a clear distinction between "fact" and opinion. Someone mentioned statistics being facts, well often they are but they are also often presented in a way that is misleading and wrong. Hence the expression lies, damed lies and statistics. And a series of facts , selectively stitched together can be used to draw a wrong conclusion , especially if you throw in a heavy does of confirmation bias.  

Yeah exactly, work and life just get in the way and for such an active forum things will be missed. 

I do think there is a pretty robust distinction though. A fact is something that has verifiably occurred or can be witnessed, an opinion is an interpretation or a thought about the world. The distinction is a pretty old one given the old 'is ought' gap in philosophy which is basically the same thing. But yes, facts can often be stitched together to incorrectly back up opinions.