Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

4 hours ago, Donnyram said:

I think his reference to 3 weeks was to have a firmed up exit plan.  Indicated aim by end of the year but could see it being 1st week in January - either of which would be fantastic as it gives us scope in the transfer window

agree    hoskins did not suggest we might exit admin in 3 weeks.  But that clown Simon Jordan - in summarising Hoskins' comments - did suggest that. I think Hoskins was probably saying that within 3 weeks they would know whether they would exit by a sale of the shares in the club or by a sale of the club's business to a phoenix company owned by the buyer. That turns I guess on whether a deal can be done with unsecured creditors and with the pond life litigants, boro and WW. In part he was sending a message to the pond life that if they don't settle for a sensible pittance, then the admins will side step them by selling to a phoenix

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

agree    hoskins did not suggest we might exit admin in 3 weeks.  But that clown Simon Jordan - in summarising Hoskins' comments - did suggest that. I think Hoskins was probably saying that within 3 weeks they would know whether they would exit by a sale of the shares in the club or by a sale of the club's business to a phoenix company owned by the buyer. That turns I guess on whether a deal can be done with unsecured creditors and with the pond life litigants, boro and WW. In part he was sending a message to the pond life that if they don't settle for a sensible pittance, then the admins will side step them by selling to a phoenix

Yes Hoskins gave two methods of getting past Wycombe and Boro. I can’t remember his actual words but I suspect it is what you mean.

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I only listened to hosking not to Jordan’s comments afterwards.

probably a sound move , Jordan talking nonsense. Derby will not be sold to a Phoenix except as an absolute last resort which we are probably months away from .

my understanding of what hosking was saying is they would choose a preferred bidder in 3 weeks time. 

if that falls through we would still have option of second or third choice but hopefully the deal should be done before Christmas or possibly slip to first week in jan

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

I thought Simon Jordan was very rude; he kept interrupting Andrew Hoskins.

I didn't get that sense...they obviously knew each other fairly well and had been texting the night before so it seemed like Jordan was trying to lead him into getting the headline quotes (which is his job) and Andrew was happy to be led.

I lost track over the different point deduction issues and I don't think they addressed that very well.

I think you are listening with informed Derby ears. Generally the vast bulk of the audience would have no clue what is going on and a lot wouldn't care either so Jordan was trying to simplify/explain the larger situation for the majority. 

Edited by Chester40

16 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I didn't get that sense...they obviously knew each other fairly well and had been texting the night before so it seemed like Jordan was trying to lead him into getting the headline quotes (which is his job) and Andrew was happy to be led.

I lost track over the different point deduction issues and I don't think they addressed that very well.

I think you are listening with informed Derby ears. Generally the vast bulk of the audience would have no clue what is going on and a lot wouldn't care either so Jordan was trying to simplify/explain the larger situation for the majority. 

Agree with you on the explanation of the points deductions - muddled. He was clear on the -12 for admin being appealled but then talked about the issue they inherited and suspended penalty. I took the latter reference to refer to the suspended -3 for missing wage payments (as he referenced depending in conduct of new owners). The bit he didn't seem to comment on was any penalty for P&S breach and it would be great to have clarity on that.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

my understanding of what hosking was saying is they would choose a preferred bidder in 3 weeks time. 

Yes it wasn’t clear but his ‘3 week’ comments seemed more about the sale structure rather than the buyer’s identity 

Overall I felt he suggested that the difficult timing issue continued to be EFL and he implied they were only now pulling their fingers out

Would be interested to know whether the admins will appoint a preferred bidder or whether they will keep it competitive all the way through. I think the admins will be cautious and keen not to drop serious bidders until the very last fence