Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

32 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

I get the feeling this Kirchner guy knows he’s unlikely to be the highest bidder and so is trying to win over the fans instead. Not sure how much weight that’d carry with the administrators, but it would explain his antics so far.

good point

4 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Personally, I'm concerned that Kirchner isn't wealthy enough.

Encouraging that his company is sponsoring major sporting events  He is co-founder so probably won’t be making those decisions on his own 

I’d think the admins would ask to see bidders’ business plans (before they go to the EFl) and that they would need him to show how they will be funded. 

Also reckon Rooney will see the business plans and some way or other will have input into the auction process. So if Kirchner is a flake I don’t think he’ll be the buyer 

14 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Andrew Hosking just done a very positive 15 minute interview on talksport. Mr Kirchner sounds like the real deal.

From 10.35am.

Thank me later.

Won’t let me go back to listen - can you summarise what was said? Thanks!! 

Well I listened to it live.  Really positive from Andrew Hosking, made it clear Kirchner is front runner given that he’s moving faster than the other parties, also that he really knows his stuff about football business etc and were really impressed with him and his advisors, and his attention to detail. We can banish any notion now this guy is another Alonso. Everyone saying he is a man of significant wealth and as I and others have made the point he’s at the forefront of tech in logistics that could be game changer and expand extremely quickly. 

Trevor Sinclair is a blunt instrument asked two pointless stupid questions. Jordan was on the money I thought as you would expect as he’s knows his stuff in this area, and probed and asked all the right questions. Only thing he was wrong on is us  being relegated and having to take our medicine in League 1 before we move forward!! No chance - we’re staying up!!

Have to say I’m really impressed with the administrator Andrew Hoskings.  Clear communication, focused on delivering a successful exit plan and consistently referred to the club as “we” 

Confirmed that Kirchner will be at the Blackburn game on Saturday so we need to make Pride Park rock again ? 

11 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well I listened to it live.  Really positive from Andrew Hosking, made it clear Kirchner is front runner given that he’s moving faster than the other parties, also that he really knows his stuff about football business etc and were really impressed with him and his advisors, and his attention to detail. We can banish any notion now this guy is another Alonso. Everyone saying he is a man of significant wealth and as I and others have made the point he’s at the forefront of tech in logistics that could be game changer and expand extremely quickly. 

Trevor Sinclair is a blunt instrument asked two pointless stupid questions. Jordan was on the money I thought as you would expect as he’s knows his stuff in this area, and probed and asked all the right questions. Only thing he was wrong on is us  being relegated and having to take our medicine in League 1 before we move forward!! No chance - we’re staying up!!

Do we think he might be able to get tickets and merchandise to the people who want to buy them?

If so, I'm in! 

43 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Andrew Hosking just done a very positive 15 minute interview on talksport. Mr Kirchner sounds like the real deal.

From 10.35am.

Thank me later.

-59:15 on the youtube video for anyone trying to find when it starts.

33 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Agreed. Really like the cut of Hosking’s jib.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

44 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Encouraging that his company is sponsoring major sporting events  He is co-founder so probably won’t be making those decisions on his own 

I’d think the admins would ask to see bidders’ business plans (before they go to the EFl) and that they would need him to show how they will be funded. 

Also reckon Rooney will see the business plans and some way or other will have input into the auction process. So if Kirchner is a flake I don’t think he’ll be the buyer 

Indeed, we have no idea how much funding is behind the bid, so it's more of a concern at a possible scenario, than a outright criticism.  

Ultimately, it comes back to the question that I've asked many times before; why would anyone other than a wealthy fan or billionaire playboy buy a Championship club?

It's a horrible question because it's easy to convince yourself that logically, DCFC shouldn't continue to exist. Fortunately, it appears that lots of clever business types don't agree with my logic.

Its worthwhile remembering that the Administrators are not running a straight auction, their primary task is to leverage the company's assets to repay creditors as quickly and as fully as possible without preference. The bids are viewed by Administrators with the primary task in mind the highest offer, in monetary terms, may not repay creditors as quickly and as fully as possible as, say, the 2nd or 3rd highest bid.

The Administrators have to take a great deal into consideration especialy when there are more then one intrested party