Double-Edged Sword

DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

You don’t all need a bag each, get a few lads to chip in and it isn’t that expensive, no more so than you would spend on ale...apparently ?

I heard that if you share it though there's always one mate who takes more than his fair share and will even pretend he dropped it down the toilet.

Just what I read once. 

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I think with Covid perhaps some older fans havent been going away so much so perhaps the younger fans who want to cause trouble are more concentrated together in away grounds so unacceptable songs perhaps get going more easily. Of course the majority of our young fans are funny and lovely, shouldnt be tarred with the same brush and are the lifeblood for the club going forward. Our away support has been so excellent it is real shame we are even talking about this. 

You could be right.

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The "war on drugs" is the wrong approach and has failed as prohibition always will.

The saddest thing is that it's a KNOWN fact that if you launch campaigns like that and the 'just say no' one that Barbara Bush started in the 80s' you effectively tell younger people that more people are doing it than they probably realise and create social proof in reverse.

You have to make it socially unacceptable like drink driving and smoking.

30 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’ve been given multiple business cards in Fallowfield (Manchester) this week. They’re everywhere during Freshers.

Ket is massive here.

I spent 4 hours at a rave once helping a girl I didn't even know every well, but who had got her ticket from my shop so I felt responsible somehow, out of a K-hole. She was terrified for most of the time.

1 hour ago, alram said:

it is always a minotirty dark fruits, but i think as a whole we are just not a popular club anymore. authorities dont like us, clubs dont like us, players dont like us.

the worst part it its not out of jelousy either 

the best thing a new owner can do is to try and restore our once great name that has been destroyed by you know who

Voldemort is back ?

42 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

The saddest thing is that it's a KNOWN fact that if you launch campaigns like that and the 'just say no' one that Barbara Bush started in the 80s' you effectively tell younger people that more people are doing it than they probably realise and create social proof in reverse.

You have to make it socially unacceptable like drink driving and smoking.

I think it's been an impressive and significant societal move to make drink driving socially unacceptable and is remarkable and good that smoking has become so less prevalent in the West.

I don't see why eating hash cakes or taking coke or LSD should be socially unacceptable. What is unacceptable is the organized crime and exploitation element that surrounds them, but alcohol is far more damaging and toxic as a drug. So legalize, tax and cut the criminal element out.

4 hours ago, angieram said:

I have seen several people refer to this. Is cocaine a casual thing, then? 

I don't know anyone who has ever taken it. Maybe because I am old. Is it easy to detect/prevent?

It is using passive drugs dogs who can screen people going into stadiums.

Sadly Derby wouldnt want to probably either use it or pay for it but it's a massive deterrent.

5 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

They don’t even seem to be that drunk. Think it’s more a case of not understanding where the line is.

'Mob' or 'crowd' mentality. This over-stepping the line into the unacceptable happens when a large group of mainly younger fans get together and their behaviour as a group does not reflect their behaviour as an individual.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

People are social animals and often deeply flawed. And everyone's been caged up for 18 months without an outlet. I think we may be heading back to the times similar to when the debate was whether football hooliganism was a football problem or a societal problem.

I have been 'caged up' for 18 months without an outlet but there is no way that I would feel the need to go to a football match and scream obscenities at the opposition. Those who do so now will have done so before covid restrictions.

The truth is that this has nothing to do with the pandemic. When people are part of a particular group they are more likely to experience a loss of self-awareness and responsibility than they would acting as an individual.

Edited by Miggins

The flippant attitude to drugs, taken even by some on here, makes my blood boil.

It destroys people. It makes us less safe because the police spend all their time dealing with drugs, the effects of drugs and the crime caused by addicts trying to get money the pay for drugs.

Me, I’’d get death penalty tough on suppliers and long long prison terms on dealers even if they are only carry two bags and that includes cannabis.

48 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Sadly Derby wouldnt want to probably either use it or pay for it but it's a massive deterrent.

They have them at the away end

6 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

The flippant attitude to drugs, taken even by some on here, makes my blood boil.

It destroys people. It makes us less safe because the police spend all their time dealing with drugs, the effects of drugs and the crime caused by addicts trying to get money the pay for drugs.

Me, I’’d get death penalty tough on suppliers and long long prison terms on dealers even if they are only carry two bags and that includes cannabis.

Some may agree, Read what Carl Sagan posted on this thread...makes a whole lot of sense.

Legalise some drugs and there may not be the major problem that exists today, The Conservative USA in some states they have canabis shops, Taken the negativity out of this drug.

Have a read of this...you may be surprised

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/12662/5-historical-attempts-ban-coffee

5 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

At least after every goal for the opposition they don't chant 'your going to get your fu**ing heads kicked in' like they used to in the 70's  

I echo the concerns on this thread about certain chants and behaviours but there is a strange whiff of nostalgic utopia coming across here where in reality it was far more physically dangerous to go to a match in the past.  

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Some may agree, Read what Carl Sagan posted on this thread...makes a whole lot of sense.

Legalise some drugs and there may not be the major problem that exists today, The Conservative USA in some states they have canabis shops, Taken the negativity out of this drug.

Since i was last in Nevada they have taken steps to legalise Cannabis and the consensus is  that the bad effects of use are reducing.

It is probably not the best example though as use in Reno and Vegas is disproportionately high due to the tourist take., and that is likely to lead a more safe legal use as people don't want to be cautioned whilst on their vacation.So they will pay the higher legal tariff.

18 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Sorry I have an open mind on most things but not drugs.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I've seen them at away grounds but they aren't 100% reliable, are they @B4ev6is

Scared the life out of all of us when they wouldn't leave you alone at Leeds, as I remember. 

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I sing about kicking people’s heads in down Shaftesbury Street and I was in my dad’s nutsack when that was relevant.

First off, Young Darkie, show some God damn respect... Your dad's nutsack will ALWAYS be relevant!

Secondly, all this talk about coke is nothing new.  Even way back when I was a yoof, there was a very popular and regular chant emanating from our terraces, presumably echoing it's popularity.

Think it went something like...

"Charlie... Charlie... Charlie... Charlie... Charlie's the king of Derby"!

So there!  ?