Double-Edged Sword

DarkFruitsRam7

1 minute ago, Rev said:

A few seasons back, caught the train from Notts for the Forest game. 

More fans than not were on the sniff, in full view of the many coppers also on board. 

It's little different for some of our fans, from what I've seen on Away days. 

Forget the movies where you see users chopping lines with a credit card and snorting through a bank note, it's far easier to take discreetly than that.

God, I really am an innocent,  aren't I?

24 minutes ago, angieram said:

I have seen several people refer to this. Is cocaine a casual thing, then? 

I don't know anyone who has ever taken it. Maybe because I am old. Is it easy to detect/prevent?

The problem with coke is it highlights peoples flaws and makes them more confident to not worry about those flaws, a bit like alcohol without being blindingly obvious to other people or eventually falling over.

Not that I ever took it in my clubbing days, but er, if I had, it would have made me more likely to hug people than get aggressive.

But that isn't always the case and I know people who took it and became super arrogant and aggressive. And if people take it in a group of dicks, they're going to become a dick too.

It would definitely account for what is being discussed, and it's highly doubtful anybody who has never taken it would know from dickish behaviour. 

Having said all that, it's expensive (at least it was I'm told) to the point that Sting once said 'Cocaine is Gods way of telling you that you have too much money' so I doubt a LLOT of people can afford it. But I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

What about the working women, old folks and kids? 

I think the behaviour of some of these people is an insult to the "working man" you refer to. 

How does a ‘working man’ go about affording cocaine anyway. I’m sure @Owd miner would struggle to fit his weekly bag of coke in his budget (unless he just snorts the dust from the mine). 

35 minutes ago, tinman said:

There are sniffer dogs at PPS around the away fans section presumably to catch people with it still on them rather than those who have already taken it

Sniffer dogs and pat downs are pretty much the only thing you can do but even then the dogs can be pretty inaccurate. They do work well as a deterrant though so very happy to hear they've started bringing them to games.

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

What about the working women, old folks and kids? 

I think the behaviour of some of these people is an insult to the "working man" you refer to. 

The sad thing is even if you made it impossible for these people to get coked up before and during games, they'd still be equally as unpleasant if not worse on just drink. They're just out their to look hard in front of their mates and act the fool with no regard for another fan's experience. Being a bell is part of the matchday experience to them.

It's not limited to football too. Just after uni I worked this minimum wage job, very physical low-skilled work. There were a few guys  there who on that sort of a salary would pay their bills and buy their essentials then pump almost all of what was remaining into coke. They'd turn up to a shift on the stuff and top-up throughout the day, honestly couldn't believe it. We really do have a problem with substance abuse in general in this country.

Edited by lrm14

17 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

The problem with coke is it highlights peoples flaws and makes them more confident to not worry about those flaws, a bit like alcohol without being blindingly obvious to other people or eventually falling over.

Not that I ever took it in my clubbing days, but er, if I had, it would have made me more likely to hug people than get aggressive.

But that isn't always the case and I know people who took it and became super arrogant and aggressive. And if people take it in a group of dicks, they're going to become a dick too.

It would definitely account for what is being discussed, and it's highly doubtful anybody who has never taken it would know from dickish behaviour. 

Having said all that, it's expensive (at least it was I'm told) to the point that Sting once said 'Cocaine is Gods way of telling you that you have too much money' so I doubt a LLOT of people can afford it. But I could be wrong.

Good post. Taking coke doesn’t instantly turn people into nobheads. Some people can handle it, some can’t. Just like alcohol, though I’d imagine a higher proportion of pre-existing nobheads take coke than drink alcohol.

I still think the distasteful chants are caused by young lads not knowing where the line is.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’ve been vocal about how proud I am of our fans’ support this season. The singing has been pretty much non stop. I think it’s partly because there seems to be more younger fans (16-21) going at the minute.

However, there have also been a lot more unsavoury chants in recent months, generally led by that age range. Barely a game goes by without hearing songs about Nigel Doughty these days. And I must have heard the words “Billy Sharp” and “sex offender” 1,000 times yesterday.

Not sure there’s really a point to this post. Just an observation.

Doughty died nine and a half years ago so I’m not sure you can blame the 16 - 21 year olds for those chants.

56 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't know anyone who has ever taken it. Maybe because I am old. Is it easy to detect/prevent?

I remember at the away leg against Fulham in the playoffs there were a whole bunch of their fans openly snorting coke in the park on the way to the ground. One of them totally off his tits "jokingly" offered some to a kid that was walking past, perhaps not knowing his dad (I assume it must have been) was not far behind who went absolutely ballistic at him.

That's not the only time I've seen it being done either; often in full view of the coppers.

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I sing about kicking people’s heads in down Shaftesbury Street and I was in my dad’s nutsack when that was relevant.

Good for you but, from my observation, the Doughty song was a “in the moment” type of song, specifically aimed at Forest (unless you’re talking about a different song) that wasn’t around for long and I’ve not heard it for a long time including away games. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I wonder how many people have stopped attending because they no longer feel comfortable with the behaviour of some of our 'fans'.

Every club has them 

these sort of cretins arnt exclusive to Derby county, theyre just a small minority of our population sadly 

fortunately there are a lot more decent people in the world than there are these dheads 

they just tend to make the most noise in football grounds and social media 

Edited by NottsRam77

18 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Good post. Taking coke doesn’t instantly turn people into nobheads. Some people can handle it, some can’t. Just like alcohol, though I’d imagine a higher proportion of pre-existing nobheads take coke than drink alcohol.

I still think the distasteful chants are caused by young lads not knowing where the line is.

Or rather, knowing where the line is, but it's on a toilet seat that their mate just left. 

37 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yikes a quick search would seem to suggest I'm utterly wrong and coke is a big problem at games @angieram although the only two decent articles require registration to read.

where do they get the moeny?!!

You don’t all need a bag each, get a few lads to chip in and it isn’t that expensive, no more so than you would spend on ale...apparently ?

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I wonder how many people have stopped attending because they no longer feel comfortable with the behaviour of some of our 'fans'.

I often find myself feeling a bit uncomfortable with fans’ behaviour. I won’t let it stop me attending because if people like me stop going there’s no one to dilute the idiots. 

Been lucky enough to not hear the 2 mentioned in the original post by @DarkFruitsRam7but the Collymore song and the Rooney shxgs who he wants song make me cringe to my core. Toenail curling stuff. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Users will have pupils like flying saucers and the eyes will look ´glassy´. Many words can be used to describe their behavior, arrogance, confidence and short fused. They can escalate a situation alarmingly quickly and can become really aggressive.

Quite sad that this drug has found its way into match days. In my day it always used in nightclubs and stag do´s.