My apologies to Mr Wayne Rooney

DanS1992

I wanted to start this thread to formally apologise to Wayne Rooney. I have been one of those who has criticised Rooney heavily and wanted him gone before all this mess came out, mainly during the horrible winless run last season. I now hold my hands up and admit I was wrong and badly so. Over the past few months, and particularly so during the last week, I am increadibly proud to have this man as manager of DCFC, even more so after today's press conference and that the dire state of the club is now revealed to us all. I now honestly think there is no better man to lead us through these dire times brought on by the IDIOT Mel. 

Once again, my apologies to Wayne, and thank you for staying on during this mess. Thanks for your honesty towards the fans. Thanks for your commitment. You made me proud to be a DCFC fan today. 

If you were a Rooney "out-er" and now wish to atone for your sins, let it all out!

COYR!

Edited by DanS1992

Top bloke....... Extract from BBC Sport

Derby County boss Wayne Rooney has reiterated he will not walk away despite the Championship club being placed in administration.

"I will fight for the club. I wouldn't leave the staff in the lurch. They need someone to lead them."

Rooney has been helping the club financially, buying equipment to film training sessions among other things.

Edited by Meowduck

50 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

I wanted to start this thread to formally apologise to Wayne Rooney. I have been one of those who has criticised Rooney heavily and wanted him gone before all this mess came out, mainly during the horrible winless run last season. I now hold my hands up and admit I was wrong and badly so. Over the past few months, and particularly so during the last week, I am increadibly proud to have this man as manager of DCFC, even more so after today's press conference and that the dire state of the club is now revealed to us all. I now honestly think there is no better man to lead us through these dire times brought on by the IDIOT Mel. 

Once again, my apologies to Wayne, and thank you for staying on during this mess. Thanks for your honesty towards the fans. Thanks for your commitment. You made me proud to be a DCFC fan today. 

If you were a Rooney "out-er" and now wish to atone for your sins, let it all out!

COYR!

I am exactly the same as you.

We're so grateful to Wayne that we appear to be creating one or two threads every day along the same theme. Here's my post from an earlier topic along similar lines....

====

I take it back what I said about Rooney.

I've said his presence undermined Cocu - actually another mistake by Mel.

I've said his performance last season was really poor and that we avoided relegation despite his tactics.

But, forget all of that.

This season, tactically it's been much better and I've been looking forward to seeing the team and performances develop.

But more than any of that, far more, the way he has dealt with the problems at the club has been immense. First the post season, under the embargo. And, now this, he has handled everything with decorum, dignity and the highest degree of professionalism.

Rooney, you have my full respect and gratitude. Thank you ?

56 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

COYR!

100%. His interview today was inspirational. Didn't want him as manager but he's pretty much all we've got at the moment. Completely genuine, honest and grounded. Can't think of many previous managers who wouldn't have bailed out months ago, with the probable exception of Nigel Clough.

For me it’s not about what he’s done as a manager so much, it’s about the man he has turned out to be. He has shown class, decency and a strength of character the like of which I never expected from him. He is a multi millionaire who could have a far better football management experience elsewhere but has stood by the players and club throughout all that has been thrown at him. I have a new found respect for Rooney the man and I hope he gets the opportunity to lead the club out through the other side of this mess to a bright successful future. 

Edited by Jayram

Definitely deserves an apology from some of us. Me included, I totally misjudged him and his character.

Sorry Wayne.

But I've learned the hard way via Derby County to steer clear of hero worship in this game, it turns too quickly ?

I'll just say he has all my support, keep doing what you're doing to restore the pride in the club