Wayne Rooney press conference

True Ram

2 hours ago, eccles the ram said:

Still not going to throw the towel in yet. The next six games  results will determine our season. Win three or four of them and we will be catching up. Lose most of them and its definitely 1st division for us. It also depends on when these next points deductions are allocated. The later they are allocated I believe the better it is psychologically for us. With a minus sign in front of our points total it's going to be harder than if we could amass sufficient plus points to negate this. The team needs us more than ever before. I have not given up. Call it blind faith afterall look what happened to Leicester when they won the league. They were written off and pulled through. History could repeat itself in that a club written off by most of its critics and a few fans could and it is a faint hope but could (with a bit of good luck)actual survive and stay up in this league. UTR.

Worse case scenario -21points = - 11 points now, 4 wins and 2 losses puts us on + 1 , Currently Forest on 4pts, Hull 5pts, Peterboro 7pts are the three above us, Assuming those 3 win 3 of their 6 games, Then it's Forest 13pts, Hull 14pts, Peterboro 16pts

32 games each left, We would have to go on the best run of results since Arsenals imortals season.

Can it be done...yes it can, Will it be done, Ermm.

Not forgetting Reading could be hit with 9 points

11 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Who gave us no chance? Probably media types who don’t understand football at this level or those who wanted to feed the hysteria.

At this level, you’ve always got a chance. Wycombe, a club who don’t even particularly stand out at League 1 level, proved that. And so have countless others.

I am a supposed pessimist and I have predicted us to win several games this season.

The last two games were very impressive but overall 10 points from 24 is merely a decent return, one that could have been better given the opposition. We have dropped seven points from winning positions, let’s not forget.

Let’s see how the players respond on Saturday. A spirited performance would be so encouraging to see.

Everyone gave us no chance, there was a time that you couldn’t even get a bet on Derby to stay up…

as for Wycombe proving that you always have a chance….they were absolute garbage last season, let’s not pretend anything else, and they went down, they lost 25 games….and had a negative 30 goal difference…let’s not pretend they were ever anything else but rubbish….even we managed to beat them…!!! 

7 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Did you watch his press conference? 

I usually agree with you and have been pretty anti-Rooney until 7 days ago. But this gets top points for trolling and has put me in the invidious position of liking @MuespachRamposts!

Rooney can have lots of things levelled against him but if that press conference was the result of PR advice and he was posturing to the camera then I would be astounded. His PR team would surely have said 'be statesmanlike and rise above it' anyway. 

You could feel his change of tone when Mel was discussed. He obviously feels incredibly angry that he is now steering the ship but wasn't been given the common courtesy of the facts. He clearly has had staff coming to him and asking about their livelihoods and he has been in the dark. Some fans were speculating it was all a plan that Mel had made Rooney part of, but obviously that wasn't the case. Staggers me Mel has basically left him front and centre without giving him the heads up.

Nothing about paying for equipment and leading the team through an almost impossible situation seemed contrived to me. He made a comment about the players finding his 5min talk being more useful and heartfelt than Mel's 45mins, I don't see him pushing that idea as something that promotes him as a football manager, it's a personal thing that shows him as a decent bloke only.  It's also easily checked by asking the players. Clearly that comment was made to him by several players. 

As an aside, Mel's leadership has finished now.  No avoiding the conclusion it's been a shockingly bad period in retrospect. Like a drunk in Vegas constantly chasing his losses it's now come to its logical outcome. What remains to be seen is whether he wakes up with a banging head and realises he can show responsibility and good faith by slowly nursing the situation to its best possible conclusion (I still believe he will) or whether he is more akin to a Maxwell Mk 2 and having bleed his company dry he walks away from the situation with no self awareness or contrition. 

@DarkFruitsRam7 can you get a welcome pack sent out to put latest member of the cult please and thank you. 
welcome on board @Chester40 

invidious…. Excellent word by the way.

59 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Worse case scenario -21points = - 11 points now, 4 wins and 2 losses puts us on + 1 , Currently Forest on 4pts, Hull 5pts, Peterboro 7pts are the three above us, Assuming those 3 win 3 of their 6 games, Then it's Forest 13pts, Hull 14pts, Peterboro 16pts

32 games each left, We would have to go on the best run of results since Arsenals imortals season.

Can it be done...yes it can, Will it be done, Ermm.

Not forgetting Reading could be hit with 9 points

I'll bet everything I own on Forest, Hull and Peterborough not all winning their next 3 games.

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's a piece in today's Sun where Rooney says he understands how tough things can be for the staff because his Mum is a dinner lady at the school he went to and she might be about to lose her job. #emotionalintelligence.

"The England legend is determined to treat all his Rams’ staff — from the players to the cleaners — with  the   respect   they deserve.

Rooney, kept in the dark for weeks by outgoing owner Mel Morris over the club’s issues, said: “Communication is key.

“My mum is in exactly the same position. My mum is still working at the same school I went to — as a dinner lady.

There’s discussions over whether that school gets closed down. She doesn’t know whether she’ll have a job or not.

So I know how life works and the struggle many people have with bills or mortgages and putting food on the table.

I’ve gone through that first-hand as a child. I know a lot of people and family who go through it on a daily basis.

The best way to handle it is to be open and honest. If not, people will see through it.

Transparency and honesty means a lot, even if it is a tough decision that gets made and people lose their jobs..."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16226544/wayne-rooney-Derby-mel-morris-doctor/

I do t think Rooneys mum needs to worry about her finances . 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

I do t think Rooneys mum needs to worry about her finances . 

Maybe she enjoys her job and the people she works with? Maybe she pays her own way? Maybe the comment "and the struggle many people have with bills or mortgages and putting food on the table" could be just as important. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe she enjoys her job and the people she works with? Maybe she pays her own way? Maybe the comment "and the struggle many people have with bills or mortgages and putting food on the table" could be just as important. 

This. There's some people on here who clearly don't have the experience of parents who refuse to accept any financial assistance from their kids, even when they're struggling. Self-respect is more important to some people than having an easy life. 

16 minutes ago, Crewton said:

This. There's some people on here who clearly don't have the experience of parents who refuse to accept any financial assistance from their kids, even when they're struggling. Self-respect is more important to some people than having an easy life. 

Imagine the irony if Wayne actually can't be bothered with his Mum and even though she is bent over and riddled with arthritis he forces her to do a minimum wage job to keep her real and when she mentioned her work predicament he ignored her calls for weeks. 

Only finally telling her to visit the foodbank when she got through by pretending to be a Sky reporter keen to blow smoke up his backside for spending £20 on a drone. 

Edited by Chester40

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

It’s a generational thing a lot of young people now days think the world owes them a living and are quite happy sat on their ass playing on Xbox or themselves and do not see the value in working.