Operation Fill the Ground v Swansea

sage

Just now, Wistaston Ram said:

I'm thinking of doing it as a treat for the wife who otherwise would not come to a mid week game

Definitely do it if you can spare the cash, Rev is right, it's a great way to put money into the club as the margin on it for the club must be significant, and yet it's something for your dosh rather than for nothing

We're doing the logistics on doing our bit, the two of us, possibly one of the later October games

How about adopting the " ..... and one hanging" idea that is used at coffee shops, MacDonalds and so on - buy what you want for yourself, and then pay for another coffee, burger, etc so the staff can give the cuppa or burger to a needy cause. Could we set up a "Left hanging" fund for the administrators, or anyone else willing to do so,  to run?

8 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

How about adopting the " ..... and one hanging" idea that is used at coffee shops, MacDonalds and so on - buy what you want for yourself, and then pay for another coffee, burger, etc so the staff can give the cuppa or burger to a needy cause. Could we set up a "Left hanging" fund for the administrators, or anyone else willing to do so,  to run?

I'm going to speak to the ticket office next week about a possible scheme. 

On 20/09/2021 at 10:49, sage said:

This is the most important thing we can do. Create some income to limit redundancies and player sales, make us attractive to purchasers and support the team.

If you haven't got a season ticket, buy a match ticket. 

If you have a got a season ticket , encourage a mate to come or if you can afford it, gift a ticket to a mate. 

Encourage friends and family to come. 

If you can afford it and know someone who can't afford to go, gift them a ticket for this game.

If you live too far away and can afford it, gift a mate or family member from home,

If you are thinking of coming and have kids, bring them along.

Do whatever we can to fill the ground v Reading.

We've been let down but now it's our time, our time to stand up and save our club.

This has absolutely gone mad, it's a shame Reading will only bring about 14 fans, if it was a team with a bigger fan base and on a Saturday I reckon we would have PP packed to the rafters

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

Does anyone know if the requirement for an account for every ticket is a legal requirement for Covid or is it merely a Derby “rule”. IMO this is costing the club hundreds if not thousands of ticket sales. 

I don't know if you can buy a ticket for any league ground these days without it being linked to an individual? 

58 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I don't know if you can buy a ticket for any league ground these days without it being linked to an individual? 

For tonight’s league match at Coventry v Peterborough you can get tickets from the ground up until till 6.30 for a 7.45 kick off and Coventry still have matches where you can pay at cash turnstiles.

It really is desperate that the administrators sort out the ticketing situation ASAP……….cashflow lads, cashflow!

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

Just now, Old Spalding Ram said:

For tonight’s league match at Coventry v Peterborough you can get tickets from the ground up until till kick off and Coventry still have matches where you can pay at cash turnstiles.

It really is desperate that the administrators sort out the ticketing situation ASAP……….cashflow lads, cashflow!

Exactly. Why as a long-standing season ticket holder can I simply not buy an extra ticket for a mate on my account to boost the attendance and put cash into the club. It’s madness. 

2 hours ago, BriggRam said:

This has absolutely gone mad, it's a shame Reading will only bring about 14 fans, if it was a team with a bigger fan base and on a Saturday I reckon we would have PP packed to the rafters

If anyone has a link to a Reading fans forum, it would be worth making them aware of this initiative (if it hasn't already been done). If just an extra handful of football-loving Reading fans could be persuaded to make the trip it would help our cause.

4 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

If anyone has a link to a Reading fans forum, it would be worth making them aware of this initiative (if it hasn't already been done). If just an extra handful of football-loving Reading fans could be persuaded to make the trip it would help our cause.

I don't think they'll care to be honest. 

They only have to come on here and see the thread about them getting a points deduction to think about not coming at all. 

16 hours ago, Rev said:

Another way to help out, is to treat yourself to a hospitality upgrade for an upcoming home game.

Makes an ideal early Christmas present for a loved one or best friend, and the mark up on them will really help the club out.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/hospitality

That's a great idea.

Very loosely... at the very far reaches of my mind... Nothing cast in stone... I'm thinking 10 seater executive box (Top row, up below the scoreboard ideally, as I've been a guest up there a handful of times in the past, and it's a FANTASTIC view!).  Invite friends and family as priority.

I don't actually have any friends, and very few relatives are/would be remotely interested, so who knows, there may even be a few places available for folk on here?*

Now, do I go for Boxing Day (v WBA), or Last match (v Cardiff), or maybe only go for it as a reward for going back above the Red Dogs?  Maybe a cheap(er) non-descript game?  Think I'd prefer a weekend game though.

Hmmm... some thinking to be done... and some digging on prices, as I've literally no idea!  Decisions, Decisions...

But thanks for the suggestion.  Certainly worth looking into, me thinks.  ??

*That should get the "Likes" count up a bit, even if it does all turn out to be bolleaux!   ?

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

For tonight’s league match at Coventry v Peterborough you can get tickets from the ground up until till 6.30 for a 7.45 kick off and Coventry still have matches where you can pay at cash turnstiles.

Cheers, I just assumed it was the norm now. This is the kind of thing Ramstrust or the supporters clubs should be taking up with the Administrators, as you say.

17 hours ago, Rev said:

I'm not buying anyone a ticket, it's too hard to organise in the current situation.

Get the fanpark open early, and I'll be first in queue to drink my bodyweight in crap beer to contribute.

Glad to help out.

Another way to help out, is to treat yourself to a hospitality upgrade for an upcoming home game.

Makes an ideal early Christmas present for a loved one or best friend, and the mark up on them will really help the club out.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/hospitality

26 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's a great idea.

Very loosely... at the very far reaches of my mind... Nothing cast in stone... I'm thinking 10 seater executive box (Top row, up below the scoreboard ideally, as I've been a guest up there a handful of times in the past, and it's a FANTASTIC view!).  Invite friends and family as priority.

I don't actually have any friends, and very few relatives are/would be remotely interested, so who knows, there may even be a few places available for folk on here?*

Now, do I go for Boxing Day (v WBA), or Last match (v Cardiff), or maybe only go for it as a reward for going back above the Red Dogs?  Maybe a cheap(er) non-descript game?  Think I'd prefer a weekend game though.

Hmmm... some thinking to be done... and some digging on prices, as I've literally no idea!  Decisions, Decisions...

But thanks for the suggestion.  Certainly worth looking into, me thinks.  ??

*That should get the "Likes" count up a bit, even if it does all turn out to be bolleaux!   ?

Might be an idea for a forum meet up. I would imagine there'd be some interest if someone wanted to organise a box or even just a table or two in McFarland's Bar?