Operation Fill the Ground v Swansea

sage

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I do think some fans are a bit touchy about this.

If you have a genuine reason not to go, no one is getting at you personally.

It's still okay to wonder why the floating supporters who could attend if they wanted to aren't coming along at a time when the club needs them the most.

I just think they're not "that" interested. Just like I wouldn't be "that" interested if my local theatre or cinema was having a financial crisis. I'm not emotionally invested in them.

This is really well put. I’d also add the opinion that, if somebody is voluntarily spending their spare time reading or contributing to this forum, then they already have a level of care/interest for the club which is higher than the average.

So, for anyone who (intentionally or otherwise) calls into the question the loyalty of some “fair weather” fans, I suspect the people you are talking about are not actually going to see your comments.

Not going on the basis I still can’t be arsed to drive a 400 round mile trip (8 hours) to watch a game, particularly on a Wednesday night. Quite a half fan me, and happy with it. When the new American owners tell Morris where he can stick his ground, and move the Team Rams franchise down to the south of England let’s see how many Derby folk get of their arse for home games.

19 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not going on the basis I still can’t be arsed to drive a 400 round mile trip (8 hours) to watch a game, particularly on a Wednesday night. Quite a half fan me, and happy with it. When the new American owners tell Morris where he can stick his ground, and move the Team Rams franchise down to the south of England let’s see how many Derby folk get of their arse for home games.

If it ain't in Derby it's either not a home game or it ain't my club.

56 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Yes , similar for Swansea 

I might be wrong but some of them are potentially people like myself who is yet to claim my reserved ticket for either matches - which I’ll do before Wednesday obvs, the noises online would incidcste that pride park won’t have 8k empty seats come Wednesday. It would make sense that they are still shown as tickets available I guess? Feel free to correct me! 

4 hours ago, angieram said:

I do think some fans are a bit touchy about this.

If you have a genuine reason not to go, no one is getting at you personally.

It's still okay to wonder why the floating supporters who could attend if they wanted to aren't coming along at a time when the club needs them the most.

I just think they're not "that" interested. Just like I wouldn't be "that" interested if my local theatre or cinema was having a financial crisis. I'm not emotionally invested in them.

“Oh yes you are”

The more I think about this, the more I think the club (or more accurately, it’s administrators!) have got an opportunity to do something bigger with this. I’ve seen an article on the app labelled “Back the Boys”, which seems to be a simple point towards the ticket office hours and the online link for tickets.

Could the club be more targeted about it, and figure out from their systems who has bought tickets in the past, but haven’t done so this season? Or maybe even last season too? Mail shot those people with really simple instructions on how to buy a ticket. Don’t offer them a discount- it rather defeats the point- but encourage them to show up when it’s needed. I suspect you’ll get a fair few that still can’t go (myself included), but surely you’ll get some bites.

I’ve assumed plenty- that the club have the staff, the time, the technology to pull it off- and I recognise that in current circumstances that is likely not to be the case. But if the administrators meant what they said about bums on seats, I think they have to do more.

This thread is brilliant- a smart idea, backed by plenty of generous fans. A great example of how this fan base is different from those at other clubs who might exit when the administrators enter. But it’s limited by playing to a captive audience. Hopefully via Radio Derby and other means the message can be spread over the next few days.

15 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

The more I think about this, the more I think the club (or more accurately, it’s administrators!) have got an opportunity to do something bigger with this. I’ve seen an article on the app labelled “Back the Boys”, which seems to be a simple point towards the ticket office hours and the online link for tickets.

Could the club be more targeted about it, and figure out from their systems who has bought tickets in the past, but haven’t done so this season? Or maybe even last season too? Mail shot those people with really simple instructions on how to buy a ticket. Don’t offer them a discount- it rather defeats the point- but encourage them to show up when it’s needed. I suspect you’ll get a fair few that still can’t go (myself included), but surely you’ll get some bites.

I’ve assumed plenty- that the club have the staff, the time, the technology to pull it off- and I recognise that in current circumstances that is likely not to be the case. But if the administrators meant what they said about bums on seats, I think they have to do more.

This thread is brilliant- a smart idea, backed by plenty of generous fans. A great example of how this fan base is different from those at other clubs who might exit when the administrators enter. But it’s limited by playing to a captive audience. Hopefully via Radio Derby and other means the message can be spread over the next few days.

Reminds me of series 2 of 'Sunderland 'til I die'. They really had a push on promotion and marketing for getting fans to the game. Really think that's something we need at PP now after a slow start attendence wise this year.

11 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

Just disagree with 1 part. I’m not sure discounts defeat the point. A full or nearly full stadium will be the best advertisement for someone to come and buy us. I wouldn’t give cheap tickets to adults but filling the north stand with kids for a quid must be a no brainier in my humble opinion 

2 hours ago, Donnyram said:

Just bought tickets for the Mrs and number 2 son to add to mine and my eldest sons season tickets so 4 of us from Donny on Wednesday.  Don't think I'll be able to persuade my mum! 

??

Thoughts please.... my youngest has a Uni mate who is a Reading fan..... should I agree to him joining us Wednesday under instruction to keep quiet and sit on his hands??  My instinct is no chance but every penny counts....??? ???