Operation Fill the Ground v Swansea

sage

On 24/09/2021 at 09:57, Mucker1884 said:

That's a great idea.

Very loosely... at the very far reaches of my mind... Nothing cast in stone... I'm thinking 10 seater executive box (Top row, up below the scoreboard ideally, as I've been a guest up there a handful of times in the past, and it's a FANTASTIC view!).  Invite friends and family as priority.

I don't actually have any friends, and very few relatives are/would be remotely interested, so who knows, there may even be a few places available for folk on here?*

Now, do I go for Boxing Day (v WBA), or Last match (v Cardiff), or maybe only go for it as a reward for going back above the Red Dogs?  Maybe a cheap(er) non-descript game?  Think I'd prefer a weekend game though.

Hmmm... some thinking to be done... and some digging on prices, as I've literally no idea!  Decisions, Decisions...

But thanks for the suggestion.  Certainly worth looking into, me thinks.  ??

On 24/09/2021 at 10:25, uttoxram75 said:

Might be an idea for a forum meet up. I would imagine there'd be some interest if someone wanted to organise a box or even just a table or two in McFarland's Bar?

On 24/09/2021 at 10:38, Mucker1884 said:

Like it!  ?

On 24/09/2021 at 10:59, Mucker1884 said:

Just made initial/informal enquiry for a box, so hopefully will get some pointers on that some time soon.

If anyone else opts for a table anywhere, I'd be interested in chipping in for a seat... assuming you are really, really desperate to make the numbers up, that is!  ?

Just a memo for now, re the above...

I've had a response to my initial/informal enquiry from "Sarah" in Hospitality.  Very brief emails for now, so hold yer horses!

Going to talk in more detail, and have an informal date to discuss over the 'phone this coming Friday, after which I'll probably start a new thread (to avoid cluttering up and getting lost in this one).

All I know for now is that "Prices start from £1,100 for a ten seater box".

Obviously that depends on days/dates and oppo, I guess, so could be looking at a bit more.

I'll admit, that's a little bit out of my budget, for treating family, friends, and potential hangers-on from here (my initial thoughts) but as per above, I do think that @uttoxram75's suggestion above for a potential "Top Table Forum Meet-Up" could prove to be rather spiffing... even if we do have to wear stay-press slacks and a collar!  ?

I'll see what I can glean from the lovely Sarah during our chat/get some more details/Find out what one doth get for one's monetary input , etc then I'll start a new thread, and see who... if anyone... fancies chipping in 10% of the cost, for 100% of the high life entertainment, and all-round "generous donation to the cause"!  

Have a think... but hold back on showing any interest for now, until the new thread appears.  Assume that will be at the weekend sometime, for now.  Then I'll gauge the mood/interest/feedback and take it from there.

Get back to yers!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884
missing words. Slobbering. Hiccups, etc!

For anyone who may have the slightest bit of interest in my previous posts hinting at a potential exec box forum meet up...

After a very quiet and uneventful morning in the office, I got dragged out this afternoon to go and bully my 90 year old F-I-L, wrap him in a winter coat and a tartan blanket, and literally drag him kicking and screaming to the local "Re-Con Mobility Scooter dealer".  He's home safe again now, with a big smile on his face, and after taking a test drive up and down Bath St (Ilson), he's now rather excited about taking delivery tomorrow, despite him insisting over the past few weeks that he doesn't fancy one, (I'm not old enough"!) and sitting nigh on trapped in the house feeling sorry for himself. Just so good to see him smile again!

Oh... anyway... typically, this was all happening as I got (and subsequently missed!) the anticipated call from Sarah at DCFC Hospitality, so apologies for missing the call.  Now re-scheduled for Monday, so hopefully I'll have some worthwhile info then!

All totally my fault.  And I'm normally never too ashamed to apologise, but under the circumstances, I'm gonna forgive myself, before anyone else puts the boot in!

Monday then... fingers crossed!  

??

Edited by Mucker1884