Operation Fill the Ground v Swansea

sage

4 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

Be fantastic to fill the ground but realistically what do we think the attendance will be ?

Few hundred from Reading tops.

Regards

Gangway D from the terrace

Looking at the sales right now, I reckon we'll probably just top the 20,000 mark.

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

It's beginning to look like those people that were so desperate to go to Wembley and beg for tickets when the good times are here, have decided not to bother.

Or perhaps some of them just cant afford two matches in a week or cant get time off work midweek esp if they need to travel or wont be able to get petrol to travel! Think (hope) Swansea will be higher

3 hours ago, ossieram said:

Looking at the sales right now, I reckon we'll probably just top the 20,000 mark.

Think you could be right Ossie. 

22-23K wouldn’t be a bad effort I guess but 25K+ would send out a great message. 

Regards

1 hour ago, GangwayD said:

Think you could be right Ossie. 

22-23K wouldn’t be a bad effort I guess but 25K+ would send out a great message. 

Regards

I agree I think we need to aim to be getting towards the 25K mark at the least. Ticket sales is by far the easiest way for fans to support financially and on the pitch.

Ideally 25k would be great but I never really expected it. People want to go to wembley for all sorts of reasons unfortunately and when the club is struggling it's hard to invigorate that type of fan a lot of the time. Hopefully we'll get 20k plus which is still a very good show of support in these troubled times. 

39 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Ideally 25k would be great but I never really expected it. People want to go to wembley for all sorts of reasons unfortunately and when the club is struggling it's hard to invigorate that type of fan a lot of the time. Hopefully we'll get 20k plus which is still a very good show of support in these troubled times. 

What has been our average attendance this year? I'd like to think we could at least increase this by a couple of thousand.

7 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

What has been our average attendance this year? I'd like to think we could at least increase this by a couple of thousand.

There was around 17,000 of our fans at the Forest game. Looks like just over 20,000 have bought or reserved their tickets so far. If we can get that up to 22,000 by Wednesday, that's 5,000 extra, which would be great. 

14 hours ago, ossieram said:

It's beginning to look like those people that were so desperate to go to Wembley and beg for tickets when the good times are here, have decided not to bother.

This kind of comment shows a complete lack of understanding of what has been happening in people's lives and finances over the last couple of years.

Perhaps some people prioritise other things and football has to take a back seat.

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

This kind of comment shows a complete lack of understanding of what has been happening in people's lives and finances over the last couple of years.

Perhaps some people prioritise other things and football has to take a back seat.

I understand the point and, yes, that could be a factor, but there was over 25,000 at Bramall Lane, Forest and Coventry yesterday to name but three - has the pandemic hit Derby harder than those cities? Go around the leagues and you'd be hard pressed to find any other club whose home support has dropped as severely as ours since the first lockdown. 

If those fans who are choosing to stay away, rather than having to because of personal circumstances, don't wake up, they won't get a second chance. 

8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Tbf, I think it’s a comment made in frustration rather than a well thought out argument concerning how some fans have been affected by the last few years 

Still more than 9300 left. Perhaps, apart from the folk that genuinely can’t make it (especially with it being a mid week game or because of financial reasons) we have reached the peak of hardcore supporters.

Very sad from a financial perspective for the club but if the fans are as noisy as passionate as we were against Stoke, it will be good. The test will be, can we generate the same atmosphere with very few visiting supporters especially if we go behind?

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Maybe so, but over 40,000 Derby fans wanted tickets for Wembley and we are struggling to sell 20,000 when the club needs them the most! 

I reckon some of them would find the finance if it was Man utd instead of Reading that we were playing. 

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Still more than 9300 left. Perhaps, apart from the folk that genuinely can’t make it (especially with it being a mid week game or because of financial reasons) we have reached the peak of hardcore supporters.

Very sad from a financial perspective for the club but if the fans are as noisy as passionate as we were against Stoke, it will be good. The test will be, can we generate the same atmosphere with very few visiting supporters especially if we go behind?

Assume so as all of those glory hunting moaners have been weeded out and its only real fans now. Dont think disparaging fans who cant make it for whatever reason helps by the way - this Im a better fan stuff hacks me off totally and probably has the opposite effect to that you want ie more people to buy tickets. 
By the way can someone compare how many tickets are bought with the attendance to see how many if those not there may have bought tickets anyway? Not sure if possible after sales close?
The idea of cheaper virtual tickets for anyone wanting to contribute who cant go for financial of other reasons is still a good one if there is some way of administrators doing it and they want cash

12 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Maybe so, but over 40,000 Derby fans wanted tickets for Wembley and we are struggling to sell 20,000 when the club needs them the most! 

I reckon some of them would find the finance if it was Man utd instead of Reading that we were playing. 

You'd probably have to ask them. I can't see, however, that trying to guilt people into buying tickets is likely to work. I mean, who's going to respond positively to 'you're just glory hunters' type remarks?

What I would say is that buying more than one ticket should be easier.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You'd probably have to ask them. I can't see, however, that trying to guilt people into buying tickets is likely to work. I mean, who's going to respond positively to 'you're just glory hunters' type remarks?

What I would say is that buying more than one ticket should be easier.

I would imagine that the majority of the fans on this forum would attend if it was possible, so I'm not trying to guilt anyone on here.

It's more of an observation of our wider fanbase that moan when they can't get tickets to the so called big games,  but are nowhere to be seen now when they are really needed. 

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I would imagine that the majority of the fans on this forum would attend if it was possible, so I'm not trying to guilt anyone on here.

It's more of an observation of our wider fanbase that moan when they can't get tickets to the so called big games,  but are nowhere to be seen now when they are really needed. 

Well say that then. As someone who usually has season tickets but cant go this year for many reasons I found the tone of your previous comments insulting and lacking in any empathy. Perhaps I am a sensitive soul in which case I apologise 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I understand the point and, yes, that could be a factor, but there was over 25,000 at Bramall Lane, Forest and Coventry yesterday to name but three - has the pandemic hit Derby harder than those cities? Go around the leagues and you'd be hard pressed to find any other club whose home support has dropped as severely as ours since the first lockdown. 

If those fans who are choosing to stay away, rather than having to because of personal circumstances, don't wake up, they won't get a second chance. 

"you'd be hard pressed to find any other club whose home support has dropped as severely as ours since the first lockdown." And you would be hard pressed to find any other club who has treated its fan base with such contempt or made it so difficult to actually buy tickets