Club comms

Spanish

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

So who paid for the 5 star preseason getaway. On a side note I have met Mel in a hotel in Bristol and he bought me and my wife a drink ?

He's a generous bloke, £1.2m for a robotic surgeon to Derby Hospital that helps the city, saved lives and pumped millions into the football club.

People can dissect his running of the club and they will, but honestly having talked to him on many occasions, he's a decent guy that does care.

I would receive calls just to check up how I was doing during my bad days with anxiety. Was hard to read that he was going through his own health issues.

I'll get hammered for this post but I'm gutted for the guy with how this is ending. Always will.

Won't ever feel comfortable reading people laying into him as a man, but accept that others haven't been as lucky I have to have been able to see that side of him.

5 minutes ago, David said:

He's a generous bloke, £1.2m for a robotic surgeon to Derby Hospital that helps the city, saved lives and pumped millions into the football club.

People can dissect his running of the club and they will, but honestly having talked to him on many occasions, he's a decent guy that does care.

I would receive calls just to check up how I was doing during my bad days with anxiety. Was hard to read that he was going through his own health issues.

I'll get hammered for this post but I'm gutted for the guy with how this is ending. Always will.

Won't ever feel comfortable reading people laying into him as a man, but accept that others haven't been as lucky I have to have been able to see that side of him.

There's still time for him to recover this - we all know he tried his best, but now how it ends is all that matters.

8 minutes ago, David said:

I agree mate , he did lots for the NHS and for local Derby GP stuff he pumped in 1.5 million into the vaccination program at the velodrome and provided £200,000 food and refreshments for the staff for the duration!

as a human he’s a good guy just proven he doesn’t have a very good football brain 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's still time for him to recover this - we all know he tried his best, but now how it ends is all that matters.

I hope the EFL thing gets resolved, gets a deal that one is good for him and second for us.

We'll talk about his tenure for years to come, it's natural to compare as we still talk about Clough and GSE. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

I hope the EFL thing gets resolved, gets a deal that one is good for him and second for us.

We'll talk about his tenure for years to come, it's natural to compare as we still talk about Clough and GSE. 

I thinks most of us would echo that statement. Mel has been let down by only 3 things, recruitment, recruitment, recruitment, in relation to managerial appointments, Player acquisitions and latterly potential buyers.

22 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

agree mate , he did lots for the NHS and for local Derby GP stuff he pumped in 1.5 million into the vaccination program at the velodrome and provided £200,000 food and refreshments for the staff for the duration!

That's great stuff, do you have a sharable source for that, it would be nice to get some positive publicity for the fella at this time.

1 hour ago, David said:

@Davidi have no doubt that away from football MM is a genuine caring person whose integrity cannot be questioned, yesterday someone posted a disgusting comment about MM which quite frankly was totally uncalled for.

What is questionable is MM the businessman owner of the club and the state of the club which he has allowed to find itself in. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Any deal he makes should be good for us firstly, he's a secondary consideration in the matter.

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

One thing to note, according to the DET this morning:

"Both parties - the club and the EFL - are bound by the independent disciplinary commission and they cannot go public on the detail within the ongoing case."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-transfer-embargo-efl-5866272

That doesn't mean the whole thing isn't incredibly frustrating.

Ok  but a simple update on what is going on without specifics wouldn't hurt

5 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

I’m getting lots of comms / email updates from the club. Dave Mackay autobiography, men’s DCFC fashion, season ticket availability. Isn’t that enough? ?‍♂️

EA0DF423-F73E-412A-9EA3-FE38B1ADDE72.png

I got an invite today to renew my season tickets - which we gave up 3 years ago.

They're so up to date - it's nothing short of staggering. Speaking of staggering, it's beer o'clock.

10 hours ago, swanny said:

I'd like to add a touch of positivity about comms from the club.

I sent an email to the ticket office at 8am friday morning, Twenty minutes ago I got an email response to my ticketing query. 

Now admittedly it was an "Automated response" confirming that they had received my email....

and admittedly i did email the ticket office LAST friday. And its taken a week for them to process the automated response. 

Lets just hope i havent missed out on forest tickets.....

I don't know what you're complaining about. 

I'm hoping I'll get a call soon to see if I've got tickets for qpr at Wembley.... ?

6 hours ago, adamscybot said:

When things go wrong in a company, the best organisations avoid blame culture at all cost and look at things objectively. Too many people think its normal to associate events with attacks on character.

Mel's biggest mistake to me is the people that he listens to regarding transfers although I also think there is something basically wrong behind the scenes at the club which has been there for a long time. Pick one transfer, Butterfield. When he was signed I didn't hear anybody saying no to Huddersfields fans play of the year. He not only didn't show much for us when he was moved on he was in such a state that his career disappeared down the drain. There are many others Anya another example Scottish national player disappeared again. Don't know what it is but something at the club is not right when we sign so many players for so much and they never perform here. Saying that Rooney is getting quite a lot out of what he has

Reflecting on this for the umpteenth time, Mel will undoubtedly know what effect it is having on the fan base, so as a local guy with his heart in the City, there has to be a reason why he is not sending any form of update out - either directly or via the club.  Perhaps he has been advised (by peopel that know) that anything put out in a public forum might be seen as prejudicial and he therefore has to stay completely quiet until the dispute with the EFL is resolved.  Who knows - maybe he's got a better deal than we thought and the EFL (Trevor Birch) is having to smooth the waters with some of the more vociferous chairpeople before announcing it?  

At least, that's what I keep telling myself.  THere has to be some reason.  The alternative is not something I can bring myself to believe.....

14 hours ago, David said:

I know it doesn't help with any conspiracy theory, but we're not the only club that's closed their ticket office, not saying it justifies the decision, just thought it was worth mentioning thats all. Reminds me of the away kit release, again we wasn't the only club not to release their away kit before the season starts, but you would assume it was just in Derby looking at social media. 

Anyway, Spurs have closed their ticket office, not open at all, Swansea only open on match days, sure I have seen others online, feel free to look and verify. 

With everything moving online to e tickets, ticket offices will be a thing of the past in a few years, not just football clubs but cinema, train stations, airports. Might only be a minimum wage job, but it's money saved where computers can takeover.

The pandemic has probably sped things up a little, businesses exploring cost cutting measures, exploring online only options as well as going cashless now. 

People will moan but online systems will be improved and be easier to use as feedback is gathered, your mobile phone will carry tickets, driving licences (America just approved), medical passports the lot, not sure it should even be called a phone at this point.

I have been helping the in laws adapt, they now have iPhones, every time I go round I'll ask them to either show me their covid passport or send me an email. They even order repeat prescriptions now on an app rather than ringing the doctors. All us reading this now are lucky, we're growing up with this technology so will be easier to age without being frustrated about not being able to buy a football ticket.

Do these clubs answer emails from the fans and have a phone line you can afford to ring to discuss problems and concerns though?

The policy of shutting our ticket office isn’t working very well is it. Disenfranchising a large section of the fan base and causing disruption, annoyance and anger amongst your loyal supporters simply isn’t a good business decision.

Interesting that you cite Swansea as another in the championship with no ticket office open - another club in financial trouble by the looks of things?

12 hours ago, Rev said:

Any deal he makes should be good for us firstly, he's a secondary consideration in the matter.

Don't worry, I can't see any likely scenario where a deal will be "good" for him. All it's likely to do is crystallise his losses and cap his future financial contributions. 

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Do these clubs answer emails from the fans and have a phone line you can afford to ring to discuss problems and concerns though?

The policy of shutting our ticket office isn’t working very well is it. Disenfranchising a large section of the fan base and causing disruption, annoyance and anger amongst your loyal supporters simply isn’t a good business decision.

Interesting that you cite Swansea as another in the championship with no ticket office open - another club in financial trouble by the looks of things?

Couldn't tell you tbh, just heard their ticket offices were closed.

Couldn't tell you what financial position Swansea are in either, not something I've looked in to. Would be surprised if Spurs are in financial trouble though having rejected large bids for Kane.