Club comms

Spanish

much as though I hate what the current management are doing to the club I can see why it may be difficult to provide an update to fans of a substantive nature.  I actually can't think of anything they are able to tell us that would make me feel less uncomfortable than I am already.  If you hold a different opinion as to what sort of detail you would like to know that you think they can currently tell us, please comment.  I really don't want any generic waffle about progress being made with EFL/Takeover, comments like that are just a waste of time.

1 Confirmation that they have met the sanction imposed by the IDC. IE Fine paid and revised accounts submitted

2 Whether a timescale for response from the EFL has been agreed, if so approx dates.

3 Are any steps being taken to resolve other current EFL sanctions ie HMRC and transfer instalments OR are these reliant on takeover completion.

Some reasonable and possible bits of info

One thing to note, according to the DET this morning:

"Both parties - the club and the EFL - are bound by the independent disciplinary commission and they cannot go public on the detail within the ongoing case."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-transfer-embargo-efl-5866272

That doesn't mean the whole thing isn't incredibly frustrating.

25 minutes ago, Norman said:

I think the thread we had full of quality questions that went to the supporters meeting would probably be the best place to look. 

Not wanting to dredge up "that meeting" again, but I do wonder what the likes of @David and the other attendees of that meeting think of our situation now, having possibly heard certain answers from the club then, and now it appearing things are getting worse.

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Not wanting to dredge up "that meeting" again, but I do wonder what the likes of @David and the other attendees of that meeting think of our situation now, having possibly heard certain answers from the club then, and now it appearing things are getting worse.

I don't think it is fair to try to put @Davidin a position where he is expected to give answers.  I think we should leave him out of this.  I guess there maybe stories to tell when this all blows over, whenever that will be

13 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

"Both parties - the club and the EFL - are bound by the independent disciplinary commission and they cannot go public on the detail within the ongoing case."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-transfer-embargo-efl-5866272

seems an odd statement, I thought the DC stuff had ended.  It was now up to the club to present restated accounts and the EFL to decide on any penalty based on the standard points per breach?

6 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I don't think it is fair to try to put @Davidin a position where he is expected to give answers.  I think we should leave him out of this.  I guess there maybe stories to tell when this all blows over, whenever that will be

Agree, it wasn't. That was the club's first mistake.

Edited by cosmic

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

What was the point of having a supporters meeting asking attendees to elicit questions from the fan base safe in the knowledge that the information imparted during that meeting was never going to be able to be shared with the wider supporters?

Leave @Boycie out of this!

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

So where is @reluctantnicko getting his information, I hear he has a holiday home in Middlesbrough?......Oxymoron of the day.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

much as though I hate what the current management are doing to the club I can see why it may be difficult to provide an update to fans of a substantive nature.  I actually can't think of anything they are able to tell us that would make me feel less uncomfortable than I am already.  If you hold a different opinion as to what sort of detail you would like to know that you think they can currently tell us, please comment.  I really don't want any generic waffle about progress being made with EFL/Takeover, comments like that are just a waste of time.

Have they scraped up Zinkernagel's pumpernickels from Pride Park yet?

I think if MM told the truth about the situation we find ourselves in, it would send fans into a blind panic that we are doomed to relegation and maybe even administration. 

I suspect Mel and others will be doing everything within their powers to mitigate the impact of any sanctions applied and taking extensive legal advice (which takes time). 

Probably best we talk about Birmingham next Friday. 

29 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think if MM told the truth about the situation we find ourselves in, it would send fans into a blind panic that we are doomed to relegation and maybe even administration. 

I suspect Mel and others will be doing everything within their powers to mitigate the impact of any sanctions applied and taking extensive legal advice (which takes time). 

Probably best we talk about Birmingham next Friday. 

Why, what’s happening then??‍♂️

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

seems an odd statement, I thought the DC stuff had ended.  It was now up to the club to present restated accounts and the EFL to decide on any penalty based on the standard points per breach?

Exactly, and it is disappointing if journalists are simply repeating this and not challenging it. It's their job to try to get information out! The only thing that is 'ongoing' is the process of deciding punishment and surely we have no formal role in that (a club doesn't decide its own punishment). And 'the EFL doesn't want us to make them look bad while we informally negotiate an acceptable punishment' isn't an excuse for complete radio silence, either. If the EFL doesn't want the club to mention things that are in dispute, that's one thing. But that leaves plenty that they could say.