Club comms

Spanish

I'd like to add a touch of positivity about comms from the club.

I sent an email to the ticket office at 8am friday morning, Twenty minutes ago I got an email response to my ticketing query. 

Now admittedly it was an "Automated response" confirming that they had received my email....

and admittedly i did email the ticket office LAST friday. And its taken a week for them to process the automated response. 

Lets just hope i havent missed out on forest tickets.....

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

What was the point of having a supporters meeting asking attendees to elicit questions from the fan base safe in the knowledge that the information imparted during that meeting was never going to be able to be shared with the wider supporters?

Purely a box ticking exercise by the club to placate the EFL. Isn't in the rules somewhere that a club has to have 1 or 2 meetings a year with fan groups? 

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

What was the point of having a supporters meeting asking attendees to elicit questions from the fan base safe in the knowledge that the information imparted during that meeting was never going to be able to be shared with the wider supporters?

What is going on with this?  Have we had any update from those in attendance?   It wasn't just the forum that were represented.... other groups went too, punjabi rams / rams trust etc.  Have any of those said ote?

22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Didn't the Punjabi rams put something out almost immediately tho which didn't seem to go down too well for some reason?

(Presumably they said more than they should have?)

they did put something out that night - briefly, there was nothing of much interest that wasn't already known though. I wasn't aware it had caused any issues, but i think they left early and  David said that the request to not give public feedback was at the end

7 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

they did put something out that night - briefly, there was nothing of much interest that wasn't already known though. I wasn't aware it had caused any issues, but i think they left early and  David said that the request to not give public feedback was at the end

The scoundrels,they won't be invited back after that..actually reporting what was said,what were they thinking of.

The club may not be able to answer questions related to ongoing disciplinary issues but they can certainly explain the decision to shut the ticket office.

This decision is so stupid that it defies belief. It is purely a club decision which has had a hugely negative affect on attendances and therefore income.

If we get a answer to this question we may be closer to getting to the bottom of what is really going on.

Edited by 24Charlie

1 hour ago, NimonicRam said:

What is going on with this?  Have we had any update from those in attendance?   It wasn't just the forum that were represented.... other groups went too, punjabi rams / rams trust etc.  Have any of those said ote?

RamsTrust put out a summary of what was spoken about (and could be discussed outside of the meeting) on their website:
https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/2021/08/08/supporters-groups-club-meeting/

There really weren't any bombshells in it, though, but that's probably to be expected. Anything information that one would find particularly interesting seems to be being kept on a need-to-know basis by all sides.

6 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

The club may not be able to answer questions related to ongoing disciplinary issues but they can certainly explain the decision to shut the ticket office.

This decision is so stupid that it defies belief. It is purely a club decision which has had a hugely negative affect on attendances as therefore income.

If we get a answer to this question we may be closer to getting to the bottom of what is really going on.

Have you given serious consideration to the possibility that the closure of the ticket office is intrinsically linked to the other off field issues which the club is unable to comment about?

And if the club were to come out and give the true reasons behind the ticket office not opening then that would cause widespread dismay and panic amongst supporters so they are deliberately trying to suppress the release of that information?

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Have you given serious consideration to the possibility that the closure of the ticket office is intrinsically linked to the other off field issues which the club is unable to comment about?

And if the club were to come out and give the true reasons behind the ticket office not opening then that would cause widespread dismay and panic amongst supporters so they are deliberately trying to suppress the release of that information?

No matter what the other issues are it does not seem sensible to not allow the club to make money through the normal revenue streams that every other club would consider essential. So why should it matter that the other problems are on going.

The cost of employing staff would be easily outweighed by sales.

Edited by 24Charlie

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Have you got a theory that could link the two ??

7 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

No matter what the other issues are it does not seem sensible to not allow the club to make money through the normal revenue streams that every other club would consider essential. So why should it matter that the other problems are on going.

The cost of employing staff would be easily outweighed by sales.

I agree with everything you say as it's totally logical so do you accept then there might be some greater forces (not the EFL btw) behind the reason not to open the ticket office?

After all, if it's so much of a no brainer then why aren't they doing it?