Should be 13 points / actually 6 points

Ratpackram

I can't believe that Wayne has got this mismatch of old / young / unwanted players performing at a level that could have us up with Fulham . 

Actual 6 points but even without rose tinted glasses on 

Huddersfield should have been 3

Peterborough should have been 3 

Boro should have been 3 

Forest should have been 3

# feeling upbeat

I'm upbeat with how we are playing and we've given ourselves a good platform to push ourselves off on. That being said, I don't want to get too confident. Our first 11 isn't a relegation fighting team in my opinion. The problem is that we don't have any replacements should one or two of them get injured for a few weeks - which they will. Its a squad game, and I still worry this will limit our progress within the league going forward. Good start, yes. I'm still worried though. ? 

18 minutes ago, Ratpackram said:

I can't believe that Wayne has got this mismatch of old / young / unwanted players performing at a level that could have us up with Fulham . 

Boro should have been 3 

# feeling upbeat

How should Boro have been 3? We were holding on at the end v Udders and Florist pretty even game….

26 minutes ago, Ratpackram said:

Boro should have been 3 

# feeling upbeat

we were relatively lucky to get a point against either Huddersfield and Boro for my money tbh. A draw was fair against peterborough so maybe it's levelled out in the end. 

1 hour ago, Ratpackram said:

Boro should have been 3 

# feeling upbeat

I thought we were fortunate to draw with Huddersfield. They had the better chances throughout the game.

I also thought we were fortunate to draw with Middlesbrough although it would have been harsh to lose after a decent opening 45 miinutes. In the 2nd half they had the better chances.

Peterborough was a 50/50 game where we scored a scrappy goal then lost concentration.  If it had finished 0-0 I don't think many would have complained. It only felt like points dropped becuse we scored a late scrappy goal to get ourselves infront.

I agree on the Forest game though. They may have dominated territory in the second half, but we still had the better chances throughout and we should have scored more than once.

I think performances have been much improved from the back-end of last season when it was simply dreadful. But I don't think we have deserved much more than the six points we have on the board right now. Maybe a point more, certainly no more than 8 at a maximum.

Edited by Bris Vegas

1 hour ago, Ratpackram said:

Boro should have been 3 

# feeling upbeat

Get this and agree but when you think you've been played well and dont pick up  the points,  could be a bad sign 

Huddersfield, Hull, Boro were fair results. We shouldn't have lost the Peterborough game and really we should have beaten Forest. So we should have 9 points and that would have been a good start. But the reason why we haven't done that is because we've made basic errors and not been clinical in front of goal. But we're doing ok. There is reason to be optimistic. 

2 hours ago, Ratpackram said:

Boro should have been 3 

# feeling upbeat

Ha ha 13 points… give me a break; you do know that would put us top of the league don’t you.!!?

We are exactly where we deserve to be, just like every other team in the league is. 

21 hours ago, Ratpackram said:

Boro should have been 3 

# feeling upbeat

I agree, although I would say “could have” rather than “should have”  Either way, I think Morrison has made a big difference. We have needed a fulcrum in the middle for a long while. We had been stuck, building barricades, now we are venturing over the top, beginning to shoot back. 

On 29/08/2021 at 16:36, Ratpackram said:

Boro should have been 3 

# feeling upbeat

They have performed beyond expectations/fears but you do need to take those Rams tinted glasses off.

With the exception of Peterborough, I don’t think we can have any complaints. If we could play for 90+ minutes instead of 45 then yes, we might be up there. In both the Middlesbrough and Forest games we were distinctly second best in the second halves (although I do accept we had the best actual clear cut chances against Forest).

This time last year we were still on nil pwants and looked completely and utterly sheeite. I was in the south stand the  first time for many a year on Saturday and saw the game from a completely different angle (yes know....90 degrees ) but we looked better than I'd seen us for ages in first half and genuinely should have been out of sight for florist. Second half... well if Fozzy had won at least one of his headers from Goal kicks we might have created a bit more in cutting out their front two/mid but I digress;  happy with the points so far ...yes deffo , but 8  not 13 .. should have held out for at least 1 at Peterborough. TBH For me It's worth more points in starting to see something forming here, four weeks ago I was genuiely worried we were where florist are or worse, but cut out the defensive lapses and  the heart stopping goal area tippy tappy, but to actually think we've got a team going on.   

I think 11 to be fair - 100 minutes of play when we should have been able to hold on, and this was pre Jags and no real defenders on the bench

Against the Florists - I felt happy and content watching that game - which is rare for me watching a Derby game, although they bossed the stats I did not feel we were in trouble, their goal came just after Buchanan came on and I think communication between him and Forsyth could/should have been better, will say though very impressed with Lee going forward.

I also think we should have had 3 penalties - one of them and actual stone waller which should have made it 2-0 before half time.

As for Fozzy - I think I am in the minority here but I see it as a yellow for the leading arm and then an accident where he put his foot.

Still the jist of this thread I go with - from what I have seen we are playing better than last year

Cannot wait to add Bielik, Knight, Festy and CKR to the match day squad and love to see Watson get some minutes

Whispers (who cares about the embargo?)