Should be 13 points / actually 6 points

Ratpackram

Personally I think the only games we can look where we should have taken more away from are Forest and arguably Peterborough.

The two Peterborough goals were a rare breed of collective calamity that you just don't typically see and on the balance of the game you can make the argument we should have at least got a point out of it. The flip side of the argument is we did make those mistakes and did deserved to get punished for it. 

The Forest game is a little different in my book. We created enough to have the game dead and buried, had two good penalty shouts turned down, denied a certain goal by the thinnest bit of knee skin, Forest didn't really create anything of note and their goal should have been stopped. It's the game that I most feel like we didn't get what on the balance of play we should have.

36 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Personally I think the only games we can look where we should have taken more away from are Forest and arguably Peterborough.

The two Peterborough goals were a rare breed of collective calamity that you just don't typically see and on the balance of the game you can make the argument we should have at least got a point out of it. The flip side of the argument is we did make those mistakes and did deserved to get punished for it. 

The Forest game is a little different in my book. We created enough to have the game dead and buried, had two good penalty shouts turned down, denied a certain goal by the thinnest bit of knee skin, Forest didn't really create anything of note and their goal should have been stopped. It's the game that I most feel like we didn't get what on the balance of play we should have.

Not sure I agree about the Forest game. Although they didn’t create many clear cut chances, Forest were the better team in the second half and we got what we deserved.

Their goal could/should have been saved but it wasn’t. Stretton could have scored if it hadn’t been for slightest of deflections but he didn’t. I can’t find a replay of the two penalty shouts so can’t really comment other than, for the second, I don’t think the ball was in play when the foul was committed.

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not sure I agree about the Forest game. Although they didn’t create many clear cut chances, Forest were the better team in the second half and we got what we deserved.

Their goal could/should have been saved but it wasn’t. Stretton could have scored if it hadn’t been for slightest of deflections but he didn’t. I can’t find a replay of the two penalty shouts so can’t really comment other than, for the second, I don’t think the ball was in play when the foul was committed.

You say this but even in the second half we created the better chances and looked the most dangerous when we got in attacking areas.

I think of all the games this season we can feel a little hard done to with not coming away with more it was that one.

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

You say this but even in the second half we created the better chances and looked the most dangerous when we got in attacking areas.

I think of all the games this season we can feel a little hard done to with not coming away with more it was that one.

Except the Fozzy shouldn't have been on the pitch (sent off) to supply the assist for Lawrence's goal.

If's & maybe's but a fair result IMO

9 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Except the Fozzy shouldn't have been on the pitch (sent off) to supply the assist for Lawrence's goal.

If's & maybe's but a fair result IMO

Eh I honestly don't see that one as a red, looked a complete accident to me. I will concede though a lot of people saw it differently.

It's not that big a deal and to be honest we need to improve to a point where we put those types of games to bed and make our early dominance pay. It's just that of all the games this season that's the one that sticks out as "should have got more from it".

Edited by brady1993
*missed a word