Our own song (yes this again)

sage

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Yeah, you got a point but a tune is a tune… There’s something about certain ones .. Go West fits with so many things and it can be repeated over and over, Lloyd George knew my Father, que sera sera etc etc .. it’s those that get grounds really rocking because even the quiet ones can join in. … Sunderland had Day Dream Believer for a time .. with “Cheer up Peter Reid” 

Up Beat .. Beach Boys kind of optimism / good times vibe. .. Sounds old fashioned but the melodies are still here 50 years on for a reason 

Just not a massive fan of the Heartbeat song - too short for me.

Agree with you on upbeat songs being good ones to go for though. Delilah, Day Dream Believer, dare I say it Marching On Together, they're all great terrace songs.

But then I'd say the ones with a touch of emotion, like You'll Never Walk Alone (sorry @MuespachRam), are probably the best of the best.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

9 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just not a massive fan of the Heartbeat song - too short for me.

Agree with you on upbeat songs being good ones to go for though. Delilah, Day Dream Believer, dare I say it Marching On Together, they're all great terrace songs.

But then I'd say the ones with a touch of emotion, like You'll Never Walk Alone (sorry @MuespachRam), are probably the best of the best.

I’m all for ‘stop crying your heart out’. Obviously at the time it was ‘stop crying frank lampard’, but it doesn’t have to be. We’re talking about a song here, not a chant. Too many people suggesting ways to reword a song. That’s a chant. Do Liverpool change the words of Alone, do west ham change the words of Bubbles, or Stoke change the words of Delilah?

for a while there we were singing Crying Your Heart Out quite regularly, it’s obviously a song everyone can get behind and the majority know the words to.

As you say, it’s got a slight melancholy to it, like you’ll never walk alone. It works when we’ve won and we sing it to the opposition, it works when we lose and we sing it to our players, and there’s that little bit of history, that little moment that made it popular that will eventually disappear into folk lore.

love it.

the fact that I love oasis doesn’t make me bias at all.

Just now, TigerTedd said:

I’m all for ‘stop crying your heart out’. Obviously at the time it was ‘stop crying frank lampard’, but it doesn’t have to be. We’re talking about a song here, not a chant. Too many people suggesting ways to reword a song. That’s a chant. Do Liverpool change the words of Alone, do west ham change the words of Bubbles, or Stoke change the words of Delilah?

for a while there we were singing Crying Your Heart Out quite regularly, it’s obviously a song everyone can get behind and the majority know the words to.

As you say, it’s got a slight melancholy to it, like you’ll never walk alone. It works when we’ve won and we sing it to the opposition, it works when we lose and we sing it to our players, and there’s that little bit of history, that little moment that made it popular that will eventually disappear into folk lore.

love it.

the fact that I love oasis doesn’t make me bias at all.

Agreed on all this, particular the stuff about not rewording songs.

Or when the team needs to get into em

or perhaps after another goalkeeping mistake

Actually the stadium PA should just play the Album "Angle Dust" by faith no more from about an hour before kick off until about an hour after the game finishes. It's certainly be unique. I don't think any other club would have the nouse to make such a decision.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Lots of suggestions but it has to be something everyone knows, or at least a big majority. 

Very few suggestions meet that criteria. Only @sage really come close so far. My only question is how you convert But- ter- cup to Der-by- ?

@DarkFruitsRam7 is the one you're suggesting the Lampard Leeds song? If so, I would be against for that reason. 

Need something timeless that is about us, not the opposition. 

Angie nails it here (must be well known) but I'm confused because @sageso obviously got the song and has been ignored. The Ramones "Baby I love you" easily changed to "Derby I love you". I presume just cycling the chorus with (CAPS for changed words):

Derby, I love you, come on Derby
Derby, I love you
Derby I love, I love only you

When you SCORE AND I just gotta
SCORE AND I just gotta
SCORE AND I just gotta say

Derby, I love you

but if you want a longer song then from the top it would be:

Have I ever told you
How good it feels to hold you
It isn't easy to explain

And though I'm really tryin'
I think I may start cryin'
My heart can't wait another day

SCORE AND I just gotta

Derby, I love you

I can't live without you
I love everything about you
I can't help it if I feel this way

Oh I'm so glad I found you
I want my arms OUT FOR  you
I love to hear US call YOUR name

Oh tell me that you feel
Tell me that you feel
Tell me that you feel the same

SCORE AND I just gotta

Derby, I love you

Buttercup is fine for an end of match song but not something you sing during the game But Derby I love you (Come on Derby) definitely is.

Were gonna fight 'em all
The EFL army couldn't hold us back
They're trying to rip us off
Taking their time right behind our back
And Mels talking to himself at night
Because he can't forget
Back and forth through his mind
Gibsons a massive ? end 

And the message coming from my eyes
Says, "Leave us alone"

Were the black and white army! 

https://youtu.be/0J2QdDbelmY

Edited by YouRams

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Lots of suggestions but it has to be something everyone knows, or at least a big majority. 

Very few suggestions meet that criteria. Only @sage really come close so far. My only question is how you convert But- ter- cup to Der-by- ?

@DarkFruitsRam7 is the one you're suggesting the Lampard Leeds song? If so, I would be against for that reason. 

Need something timeless that is about us, not the opposition. 

Why do you have to convert? Do Stoke and Sheffield United convert theirs?

Joe Dolce, shadduper yer face!

10 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Angie nails it here (must be well known) but I'm confused because @sageso obviously got the song and has been ignored. The Ramones "Baby I love you" easily changed to "Derby I love you". I presume just cycling the chorus with (CAPS for changed words):

Derby, I love you

SCORE AND I just gotta

Derby, I love you

but if you want a longer song then from the top it would be:

Have I ever told you
How good it feels to hold you
It isn't easy to explain

And though I'm really tryin'
I think I may start cryin'
My heart can't wait another day

SCORE AND I just gotta

Derby, I love you

I can't live without you
I love everything about you
I can't help it if I feel this way

Oh I'm so glad I found you
I want my arms OUT FOR  you
I love to hear US call YOUR name

Oh tell me that you feel
Tell me that you feel
Tell me that you feel the same

SCORE AND I just gotta

Derby, I love you

Buttercup is fine for an end of match song but not something you sing during the game But Derby I love you (Come on Derby) definitely is.

I think the purpose of this thread is to find a song we can sing before and after the match that will be instantly recognisable as our song. We’ve got loads of chants for during the game.

Like the earlier Abba suggestion but would prefer Mamma Mia but assume someone else already has it

Derby County, here we go again
Derby, how can I resist you?
Derby County, yes we'll win again
Derby, yes how much I've missed you
Yes, We've been broken-hearted
Rams since the day we started
Derby, I could never let you go
Derby, Derby Derby County. 

or whatever. But Derby County does slot in nicely for Mamma Mia