Our own song (yes this again)

sage

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Hi Ho is great but it's too generic.

I agree with @sage, it would be great to have a song that instantly makes you think of Derby. I actually get this a bit whenever I hear Stop Crying Your Heart Out, but it never became an anthem for us. Steve Bloomer's Watching has always been meh. 

Tbf, it probably just requires one fan with a massive set of balls to randomly start singing a well-known song. It would soon catch on if they timed it right.

Now, if only there was a big game that we could win this weekend...

It just takes the Derby DJ to start playing it pre match I suppose! Great shout there though 

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I agree with @sage, it would be great to have a song that instantly makes you think of Derby. I actually get this a bit whenever I hear Stop Crying Your Heart Out, but it never became an anthem for us.

All of the bills, have faded away,

Just try not to worry, we'll pay you some day

It may be tomorrow, it may be today

Stop  crying Steve Gibsonnnnnnn

24 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Years ago on the popside we sang " by the light of the silvery moon " and "home on the range" for no particular reason, but they both sounded good with a few thousand blasting it out.

Yes " By the light of the silvery moon " was our song and sung on the popside in the 70's . Not sure when it fell out of favour/

Can also remember when the Heanor lads used to chant "Heanor , Heanor " and the popside would respond "Sharples , Sharples " ( You would have to have watched 70's Coronation St to get that ?).

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
spelling

36 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Years ago on the popside we sang " by the light of the silvery moon " and "home on the range" for no particular reason, but they both sounded good with a few thousand blasting it out.

I was gong to suggest Silvery Moon as I used to love singing that at the game.

By the light (by the light) (by the light)

Of the silvery Moon (silvery Moon) (silvery Moon)

I agree these things can rarely be forced. But I've wondered, as the Rams, if we should sing The Housemartins' "Sheep we're up against". And when McClaren was manager I was appalled we didn't adopt Rihanna's "Umbrella" (it's got such a great chorus). 

But then Rams fan Niall Horan has written a song called Black and White which he surely wrote hoping we'd sing it at games. Chorus is OK (with some simple adaptations):

Yeah, I see us in black and white
Crystal clear on a star lit night
In all your gorgeous colors
I promise that I'll love you for the rest of my life
See you standing in your dress
Swear in front of all our friends
There'll never be another
I promise that I'll love you for the rest of my life

Edited by Carl Sagan