Our own song (yes this again)

sage

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Steve Bloomer’s Watching was utterly dreadful yesterday.

Need a few lads with some gonads in the south stand to pick something new and go with it.

It was grim. I’m not a musician but even the transition (I think that’s what it’s called) at the start isn’t easy for a large crowd to get into the correct rhythm.

The South Stand finished a verse early didn’t they?

40 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It was grim. I’m not a musician but even the transition (I think that’s what it’s called) at the start isn’t easy for a large crowd to get into the correct rhythm.

The South Stand finished a verse early didn’t they?

I had absolutely no idea what was going on tbh. I’m not particularly averse to the song itself (don’t adore it either), but yesterday it was done terribly.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Steve Bloomer’s Watching was utterly dreadful yesterday.

Need a few lads with some gonads in the south stand to pick something new and go with it.

Maybe they should. After all it’s the south stand who don’t listen then come in anywhere and finish when they want. 
I’m fed up with all this south stand adoration. At least us in a half full north stand can get it right.

Maybe it’s a difficult melody to pick up or it’s a bit wordy. I’m mean at least try and sing the whole Wayne Rooney song. Half of them don’t know it and just sing  “he goes by the name of Wayne Rooney”, over and over.

Honestly ?

Must do better

Edited by 24Charlie
Typo

Apologies if it's been suggested and I missed it but Harry J Allstars 'the liquidator' would be much better suited to us in our current financial plight than Chelsea, West Brom, Wolves and anyone else who uses it. Plus for those that can't sing in time, in tune or at all, you only need to shout 'duck off Forest, The Rams' every now and again. 

44 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Maybe they should. After all it’s the south stand who don’t listen then come in anywhere and finish when they want. 
I’m fed up with all this south stand adoration. At least us in a half full north stand can get it right.

Maybe it’s a difficult melody to pick up or it’s a bit wordy. I’m mean at least try and sing the whole Wayne Rooney song. Half of them don’t know it and just sing  “he goes by the name of Wayne Rooney”, over and over.

Honestly ?

Must do better

22 hours ago, NC--RAM said:

Evening all,and apologies if this has already been suggested but i think we should bring back "those were the days" by Mary Hopkin.Remember singing along to this from the Normo end and the Popside. "WE ARE THE RAMS OH YES WE ARE THE RAMS da..da.da..da..da...da...But we just need some lyricist to come up with twist on the main non chorus stuff.

Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we are Derby and sure to have our way
La la la la la la
La la la la la la

What about a medley, that changes each week, lyrics printed here, insert hums in the bits no one remembers:

Abba first:

Dancing Queen, Knowing Me Knowing You, Mama Mia, Super Trouper, ending with Money, Money, Money.

Queen:

We Were the Champions, Don't Stop Me Now, The Show Must Go On, We Will Rock You

Cliff next:

Devil Woman, Miss You Nights, Mistletoe and Wine, ending up with no one left in the ground, or mass suicide.

My lads under 11’s team had a day training at Plymouth yesterday and then tickets to the match against Burton. It seems Plymouth have I Just Can’t Get Enough by Depeche Mode and it worked really well as a football chant. At the end they went top of the league and the atmosphere was electric as they were booming this song out. My son is still humming it today.

I’m not suggesting this song at all but having a song like that, that you make your own can really get the atmosphere going. For what it’s worth I’m very much in favour of Bob Marley’s Three Little Birds. It sounds good when Ajax sing it and if ever a song is made for our predicament it’s that one.

I don't think this can be manufactured in the way we are trying. All football songs come about spontaneously - Stoke singing Delilha started when some geezer in the crowd tried to get the attention of his mate... "Oi, Tom.... Tom.... Jonezy.... Tom lad.... Jonezy...".

I don't know why Sheff Utd sing Annie's Song (version of) but it's great!

Ok, Sweet Caroline so joyous at the Euro's, happened (I think) because the Wembley DJ kept playing it? but its an established sports song on both sides of the pond.

It needs to be timeless, ours and timeless and ours - so stop suggesting your favourite pop song (ok, I did a few pages back, but...)

On 08/10/2021 at 02:49, Ruud Aralliss said:

It's a great song, but I think it is so slow that people would only sing in time if the music was played, ie pre game or half time. 

It needs a more mid tempo song to be sung organically