Our own song (yes this again)

sage

Three little birds, class song and relevant (instead of SBW before kick off would be ideal) 

Rise up this morning, smiled with the rising sun
Three little birds, by my doorstep, oh
Singing sweet songs, of melodies pure and sure
Saying, "This is my message to you"

Derby, don't worry about a thing, oh
'Cause every little thing is gonna be alright
Derby don't worry, oh, about a thing

1 hour ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Three little birds, class song and relevant (instead of SBW before kick off would be ideal) 

Rise up this morning, smiled with the rising sun
Three little birds, by my doorstep, oh
Singing sweet songs, of melodies pure and sure
Saying, "This is my message to you"

Derby, don't worry about a thing, oh
Derby don't worry, oh, about a thing

Think we should sing this during game on repeat for no other reason than it is one of my favourite songs and still sounds brilliant sung by a load of tone deaf blokes - and blokesses! ?

Surely we have to be giving it The Great Escape like England fans sing. It doesn't get any easier for everyone to join in.

(And I know it's not Our own song.....but let's sing it to help the players and Rooney will love it and so will we)

Der.Der.....Der....Der.....Der....Der.....Ddddd Der.......Derby etc and sing it for ages.

Come on @Owen87ITKget the Derby dj to play a version of this song that he's allowed to play and the South Stand will get it going and all the other stands will follow.

12 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Surely we have to be giving it The Great Escape like England fans sing. It doesn't get any easier for everyone to join in.

(And I know it's not Our own song.....but let's sing it to help the players and Rooney will love it and so will we)

Der.Der.....Der....Der.....Der....Der.....Ddddd Der.......Derby etc and sing it for ages.

Come on @Owen87ITKget the Derby dj to play a version of this song that he's allowed to play and the South Stand will get it going and all the other stands will follow.

We're already doing that one every game, Inverurie.

@Ellafellamight have already mentioned this.

The Men Who Made The Rams - Origins and Who's Who of Derby County Football Club by Peter Seddon. Page 23.

On 7th May 1985 the precise anniversary of the clubs foundation, it's first annual dinner in The Royal Hotel in Derby.

The club toast was 'to a long and successful future, hoping this proves to be our worst season and not our best.

During the evening the players gave their song 'One More River to Cross' admirably led by 'Jammer' 

This may have been suggested, but it was an answer of that BBC music quiz tonight, and I think it's perfect.

It's easy to sing, and we could change my girl to Derby and it still scans.

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day

When it's cold outside

I've got the month of May

I guess you'd say

What can make me feel this way

My girl, my girl, my girl

Talkin' 'bout my girl

My girl

I've got so much honey

The bees envy me

I've got a sweeter song

Than the birds in the trees

Well, I guess you'd say

Talkin' 'bout my girl

My girl

Ohh ohh

Hey hey hey

Hey hey hey

Oh yeah

I don't need no money, fortune, or fame

I've got all the riches baby one man can claim

Well I guess you'd say

Talkin' 'bout my girl, my girl, talkin' 'bout my girl

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day with my girl

I've even got the month of May with my girl

Talkin' 'bout, talkin' 'bout, talkin' 'bout

Edited by Rev

Evening all,and apologies if this has already been suggested but i think we should bring back "those were the days" by Mary Hopkin.Remember singing along to this from the Normo end and the Popside. "WE ARE THE RAMS OH YES WE ARE THE RAMS da..da.da..da..da...da...But we just need some lyricist to come up with twist on the main non chorus stuff.

28 minutes ago, NC--RAM said:

Evening all,and apologies if this has already been suggested but i think we should bring back "those were the days" by Mary Hopkin.Remember singing along to this from the Normo end and the Popside. "WE ARE THE RAMS OH YES WE ARE THE RAMS da..da.da..da..da...da...But we just need some lyricist to come up with twist on the main non chorus stuff.

Remember this.

At half time, when you went from one end of the Popside to the other, but the back of the terrace was already full, some random bloke would shout "We are the Rams", then everyone would join in "Oh yes we are the Rams", then everyone would jump up and down and move forward at the same time, allowing those at the back to sneak in.

The atmosphere on the Popside and the Colombo terrace was amazing, whatever was happening on the pitch.

Those days are long gone now.

I guess 'the bounce' is the nearest modern day equivalent.