Sheff Utd vs Derby County Matchday Thread (league cup)

RadioactiveWaste

53 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It'd be an interesting turn if "England's greatest ever goalscorer" ended up having a managerial career as being an expert at saving clubs who are in a right mess - but we are a mess as a club, and so far this season, he's doing best to save us.

It is working. Which of the players that moved on in the last two years could have got in our team on Saturday.

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

It is working. Which of the players that moved on in the last two years could have got in our team on Saturday.

2019 Bogle and possibly Bradley Johnson anchoring midfield are the only ones that come to mind. 

Apart from...erm....you know, hold up striker chap...um....?

6 hours ago, Rampage said:

There would have been some decent options for the bench

For me the biggest problem we had on Saturday was that to refresh the side / rejuvenate the play we only had youngsters to bring on - who definitely have some promise but aren't (for me) game changers right now - If we'd had Waghorn or maybe Marriott on the bench I think they might have made more impact 

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

There would have been some decent options for the bench

For me the biggest problem we had on Saturday was that to refresh the side / rejuvenate the play we only had youngsters to bring on - who definitely have some promise but aren't (for me) game changers right now - If we'd had Waghorn or maybe Marriott on the bench I think they might have made more impact 

Basically, we have a better squad now than last year. We are playing better football but after the Forest game, our fixtures look difficult for a while.

3 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Are you trying to provoke World War III on this forum when someone suggests Chris Martin?

Lets not kid ourselves we’ve had to let some better players go over the 2 years. Off the top of my head I’d say Bogle, Lowe, Waghorn, Keogh … would all have started on Saturday if still here.  

9 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

United fans are a bit weird, both during the game and in the pub after, they are absolutely obsessed with Sharp and Wilder and can’t let go.

Was speaking to @Coneheadjohn’s Blades mate in the Howard before the game, and he got literal death threats on their forum when he suggested Wilder needed to go 6 months before he eventually did.

Just seen the highlights, Stretton's movement is great on a few occasions, but he needs to be more clinical! The move straight from kick off is brilliant after conceding the first! Shame he didn't score but was a great run and bodes well!

I had a great time,first game in a long time.

To the point where it got me a bit emotional.

Thought the first half was really good,what an improvement,our fans were fantastic.

Away end atmosphere was great,I didn’t last much after half time unfortunately,the bounce had me reaching for the nitro glycerin ?‍♂️.

Had a nice walk up for the bus and even though I thought I hadn’t missed it I had.

Players did a good job.

Great to see a few people and give the standard lecture to @DarkFruitsRam7(nice to see you).

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Was speaking to @Coneheadjohn’s Blades mate in the Howard before the game, and he got literal death threats on their forum when he suggested Wilder needed to go 6 months before he eventually did.

Some are certainly a little different to say the least, I wondewr if this fella wears a glove on his left hand now, Not even a real likeness imo.

image.thumb.png.fdf74eceadac5c37ec185e970f0068dc.png

10 minutes ago, Coneheadjohn said:

I had a great time,first game in a long time.

To the point where it got me a bit emotional.

Thought the first half was really good,what an improvement,our fans were fantastic.

Away end atmosphere was great,I didn’t last much after half time unfortunately,the bounce had me reaching for the nitro glycerin ?‍♂️.

Had a nice walk up for the bus and even though I thought I hadn’t missed it I had.

Players did a good job.

Great to see a few people and give the standard lecture to @DarkFruitsRam7(nice to see you).

Glad you enjoyed it; sorry I didn’t get to meet you. Got chatting to some Blades and time escaped. Another time @Coneheadjohn

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It kinda reminded me of our post Mclaren days when everyone is longing for this ‘Derby away’ that never really existed, but even more possessive without knowing what it is they really want.

There was a notable lack of interest in the game until Billy Sharp came on, and to be honest that was on and off the pitch. You know it’s holding on to something that won’t be their too much longer.

Actually what I didn’t bring up last night was there was a lot of groaning towards Bogle who they were expecting to try and control these loose/hopeful panic balls in his general direction. Granted I don’t think he played well, he actually looked a worse player than what we had at his best, but in fairness he kept going and created their first goal and with very little credit for doing so. I can’t see that playing in front of that crowd would be a lot of fun.

11 hours ago, Crewton said:

If its the interview on the club website you're referring to, I don't think that's quite what he said. I took it to mean he couldn't risk putting them with the U23s because they'd have been quarantined, so because he's had to bring them into the first team bubble, they can't go back to play games. At least, that's how I heard it. 

That makes sense.