Takeover Update

Arsene Titman

17 minutes ago, tinman said:

I don’t hate him. 

Me neither, I am however disappointed by how he appears to be handling things though.

Maybe Mel had such glorious success and they came about so very easily in all his other ventures he thought the same may transpire in this one…… oh how he misjudged that and how he and we all wished it had been so very different ?

Mel is a Rams fan and currently making up the shortfall in income each month to keep the club operating. It’s easy to use the word hate on social media, but would you say it to his face......unlikely. He has done as much as he can to turn us into an established Premier league club, but unfortunately it hasn’t come to fruition. He is now trying to secure our future by bringing in new owners. Football comes down to fine margins as we know and there was another Keogh moment yesterday when Byrne did a triple toe loop on the penalty spot.

Massive mistakes with recruitment of both managers and players has been our downfall, while trying to chase the dream of Premier League football and I’m sure Mel would agree and do things differently if he had a time machine.

Forum members posting hate comments should be banned in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Ilson Lad said:

Mel Morris you’ve single handed destroyed my beloved Derby just sell up an go before we go into liquidation you are hated by all the supporters just go away Mel Morris 

Excuse me, you don’t speak for all the supporters. I hold him primarily responsible but I don’t hate him and, in case you hadn’t noticed, he is trying to sell up.

Regardless of if he wants to sell or not he is the owner so needs to pay all his bills as its his duty. If the EFL want evidence he will continue to fund us he should provide it, he may not like it but he is our owner and meant to be a fan so he should do it as it is clearly what is best for the club.

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Regardless of if he wants to sell or not he is the owner so needs to pay all his bills as its his duty. If the EFL want evidence he will continue to fund us he should provide it, he may not like it but he is our owner and meant to be a fan so he should do it as it is clearly what is best for the club.

It’s not his duty mate .

He could walk away anytime 

This is a free country last I heard 

9 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if our accounts go in and the EFL are in no rush to read them or when they do they are not sure what to do based on what they did to other clubs in the same time period as they did to other clubs either at that time or when they actually dealt with it 

it’s a mess and unlikely to be simple 

The accounts may already be in we don’t know, maybe it was discussed at the meeting?  Not sure anything will happen on the day

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It’s not his duty mate .

He could walk away anytime 

This is a free country last I heard 

Whilst he is the owner yes it is his duty. Whilst I own my house it is my duty to pay the bills.

He chose to buy the club so he should pay for it until he can sell, we're in this situation because of him, only he can make it better so he should do everything he can to do that.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Whilst he is the owner yes it is his duty. Whilst I own my house it is my duty to pay the bills.

He chose to buy the club so he should pay for it until he can sell, we're in this situation because of him, only he can make it better so he should do everything he can to do that.

No if you don’t pay it will be repossessed just like Derby County will go into liquidation/ administration if Mel doesn’t pay. 

Just now, Curtains said:

No if you don’t pay it will be repossessed just like Derby County will go into liquidation/ administration if Mel doesn’t pay. 

Correct, but I bought the house knowing I had to pay the bills otherwise things would stop like the wifi for the kids or the electricity would get cut off etc so Mel bought this club knowing he had to pay the bills, that hasnt changed so he keeps paying them until he sells so to me yes it is his duty as our owner

Mel Morris is simply incompetence at running a football club.

He isn’t a charlatan or leacher. He didn’t take over Derby in 2015 and immediately look to asset strip by selling Hughes, Hendrick, Martin, Keogh, Thorne and Russell etc.

On the contrary. He walked in and immediately pumped £25m plus in on transfer fees. Unfortunately, only one player actually improved us and fit the bill then and that was Tom Ince who even still shifted the dynamic somewhat from team-play to relying on individual moments.

Morris thought he was doing what was right. He thought he only needed to invest big (Championship big) and the puzzle would fall into place.

He underestimated the importance of so many other factors such as squad harmony, team spirit and togetherness.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Correct, but I bought the house knowing I had to pay the bills otherwise things would stop like the wifi for the kids or the electricity would get cut off etc so Mel bought this club knowing he had to pay the bills, that hasnt changed so he keeps paying them until he sells so to me yes it is his duty as our owner

Mate I’m not being pedantic but Mel can walk whenever he wants but of course he may lose more money that way and cause loads of grief. 

I suspect he won’t do that but if he’s given enough brick backs he may say sod it. 

I prefer to be nice to the guy and in fact I feel I have some affinity with him as he’s from Littleover and he made good .

He must know he’s made mistakes but he’s still around for us fans 

Lets see what transpires and hope for the best