Takeover Update

Arsene Titman

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Why do I get the impression that Rooney will be top of your Christmas card list but Morris will be nowhere near it? ?

Christmas card of Rooney covered in nothing but a leopard print blanket in the middle of the Christmas dinner table eating turkey with Eric Steele while they try to one up each other on how much of a god Rooney is. I’m surprised he hasnt been on radio Derby sport scene talk in with Eric yet maybe missed the chance now. 

28 minutes ago, ScubaRam said:

Its a messy situation. I don't think I blame the EFL for these embargos, and whatismore, actually think they are actually helping Derby. Yes its far from ideal that we can't sign players and have a threadbare squad, but when we owe money, and not paying that money back, to every man and his dog, why would we be allowed to start building up new debts in additional players wages? 

I've been going to watch Derby for the last 20 years. My bar is so low that I've accepted relegation and would rather just have a fairly stable club that is able to start the league next season. 

Do you think we will go under Scuba?

In the limited feedback we heard from the Supporters Charter Group meeting, Mel said he'd be open to a fan led consortium taking over.

I wonder what model of fan ownership he'd be looking at, and what steps he'd personally take to facilitate such a thing?

10 minutes ago, Rev said:

In the limited feedback we heard from the Supporters Charter Group meeting, Mel said he'd be open to a fan led consortium taking over.

I wonder what model of fan ownership he'd be looking at, and what steps he'd personally take to facilitate such a thing?

He can’t say due to an NDA.

32 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

We do with Hughes, im sure we did with both Bogle & Lowe too but turns out Lowe could be going on loan

Interestingly, I looked at a Watford based article which stated that Hughes had cost them just over £8M and that he may go for around £4M. If this is the case, then there will be  no sell on fee.

20 minutes ago, Rev said:

We haven’t really learned anything from that meeting and then more stories come out so it’s still the same worry as Morris won’t give assurances he will see the season out. Only assurances are from David’s story but he’s probably being choked from the club in releasing it which I don’t think it will be put out for us well not before we get updates in a few weeks 

One has to ask why Mel bought the club 6 years ago in the first place. 
I’m absolutely amazed that a so called “business man” couldn’t see that if the gamble to get promotion failed, then he’d lose money. 
He can’t be surprised by it. 
It needed to be a long term project; it wasn’t and he is bearing the consequences. 

3 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

One has to ask why Mel bought the club 6 years ago in the first place. 
I’m absolutely amazed that a so called “business man” couldn’t see that if the gamble to get promotion failed, then he’d lose money. 
He can’t be surprised by it. 
It needed to be a long term project; it wasn’t and he is bearing the consequences. 

He played a couple of seasons on Football Manager,saw how easy it was to get in the Prem and thought i'll have some of that.

55 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

One has to ask why Mel bought the club 6 years ago in the first place. Ego
I’m absolutely amazed that a so called “business man” couldn’t see that if the gamble to get promotion failed, then he’d lose money. He was very confident he would win, within 3 years.
He can’t be surprised by it. I really think he is. Shell shocked.
It needed to be a long term project; it wasn’t and he is bearing the consequences. True

See above. Had two good wins has Mel as a businessman. Well done him. Royally ducked up his third effort. Tough luck. With investments some you win, some you lose. No need for him with his wealth though to bring the whole club to its knees.