Steve McClaren

Poynton ram

2 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Dreadful last stint as manager who can forget Derby 0 - Reading 3 in May 2015, we needed 1 fxxxing point to make the play offs ( I wish I could forget it) and he engineered a total cluster.

First managerial stint he inherited a great team built by Nigel, then left for the riches of managing Newcastle, totally useless individual as a player and as a manger.

If he was as crap as you say, I don't understand how he managed to get the team Nigel built to play with a style and level of effectiveness that eluded the Master Builder? Or why Jim Smith could never get his team into the top half of the table after McClaren left for Man U? 

Most of the players who have been coached by him say he's one of the best they've worked with. No-one would argue though that he's not nearly as effective as a manager. 

3 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Would that be the same George Thorne who played in 8 years 57 games for the Rams and scored 2 goals after signing for £3 million so taking into account his wages of £10 million in that period so we paid him £2,500 for every minute he played for the Rams, and £6.5 million for every goal, he was pants as his entire career shows 129 games in 10 years and only 6 goals. Whats more Morris cannot be blamed for his signing.

Totally agree that it was nothing to do with MM about his signing as he was backing his manager.

Thorne obviously had big injury problems during his career which was unfortunate for him and Derby County .

When fit he was a quality player 

11 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

You have to be kidding !! . Sorry he use to do absolutly nothing bar run around with his socks round his ankles on a par with nick pickering and steve cross . He was totally useless . 

The only thing I can remember about him as a player was him hitting the bar with a curling shot away at Walsall.

27 minutes ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Staying on in a part time capacity 

"Prior to entering dialogue with the joint administrators, who were formally appointed last Wednesday and are reviewing all areas of the business, McClaren had voluntarily made the offer to vacate his full-time post in order to help to preserve other jobs across the football club.

The talks between both parties were amicable and as part of those discissions the club’s joint administrators expressed their desire to retain McClaren on a part time consultancy basis.

It was agreed that McClaren will continue to act as a senior advisor as the club and joint administrators look to navigate through the administration process."

Edited by RoyMac5

Whether that has been twisted and spun I don't know but it reads like he sat down with the administrators and told them immediately he was happy to step down totally to help the club.

But the administrators said "hold your horses, we'd still like your input here, let's just reduce the costs a bit"

That's...very weird for a club in administration? I mean it's very obvious that if they didn't want him, they wouldn't have thrown him a bone with a part time role. Administrators are brutal, they have no time for sentimentality or the nicey nicey approach - if there's a cost to cut you'd better believe it is cut. And they would have cut him totally, not just reduced him. I'd have thought Mac was toast - after all he's one of the first people they've spoken to in this process.

We surely can't be that screwed financially on the basis of this? Who was that source in The Athletic who said we were "50/50 to be liquidated"??

I'm so confused

6 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Dreadful last stint as manager who can forget Derby 0 - Reading 3 in May 2015, we needed 1 fxxxing point to make the play offs ( I wish I could forget it) and he engineered a total cluster.

First managerial stint he inherited a great team built by Nigel, then left for the riches of managing Newcastle, totally useless individual as a player and as a manger.

I didn't think I could think less of a series of posts from a member but this has topped it off.

Well done.

35 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Whether that has been twisted and spun I don't know but it reads like he sat down with the administrators and told them immediately he was happy to step down totally to help the club.

But the administrators said "hold your horses, we'd still like your input here, let's just reduce the costs a bit"

That's...very weird for a club in administration? I mean it's very obvious that if they didn't want him, they wouldn't have thrown him a bone with a part time role. Administrators are brutal, they have no time for sentimentality or the nicey nicey approach - if there's a cost to cut you'd better believe it is cut. And they would have cut him totally, not just reduced him. I'd have thought Mac was toast - after all he's one of the first people they've spoken to in this process.

We surely can't be that screwed financially on the basis of this? Who was that source in The Athletic who said we were "50/50 to be liquidated"??

I'm so confused

Reads to me like a zero hours contract. 

I hadn’t realised he was actually doing anything. Was he at games or training?

I haven’t seen any photos or video content. If he was at DCFC on a full time basis surely we could have actually used him for what he was good at … coaching.

6 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Would that be the same George Thorne who played in 8 years 57 games for the Rams and scored 2 goals after signing for £3 million so taking into account his wages of £10 million in that period so we paid him £2,500 for every minute he played for the Rams, and £6.5 million for every goal, he was pants as his entire career shows 129 games in 10 years and only 6 goals. Whats more Morris cannot be blamed for his signing.

I'm pretty sure he played here for 5 years and had a year on loan. I'm sure he was on a good wage but probably not 25 k a week.  He certainly wasn't pants, he was the best midfielder in the division at one point . in fact if he hadn't bust his knee playing on that farmyard in a friendly we would have peed the league in 14/15. If he hadn't broke his leg in that pointless appearance, we'd have peed the playoffs the following year. 

7 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

downloadn.jpg