Louie Sibley

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

According to this https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-see-initial-bids-rejected-for-derbys-louie-sibley-and-fortuna-sittards-zian-flemming/ Millwall made the opening bid.

I'd expect the lad to end up at a decent Premier League team, but have to bide his time on the bench for a little while. Wolves, Villa or Leeds if they think they can pick him up cheaply. Us announcing there was a bid is specifically to try to create an auction. It's clear Rooney won't play him.

Not surprising that slimy b is trying it on. 

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

According to this https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-see-initial-bids-rejected-for-derbys-louie-sibley-and-fortuna-sittards-zian-flemming/ Millwall made the opening bid.

I'd expect the lad to end up at a decent Premier League team, but have to bide his time on the bench for a little while. Wolves, Villa or Leeds if they think they can pick him up cheaply. Us announcing there was a bid is specifically to try to create an auction. It's clear Rooney won't play him.

Hopefully we can hold on to him use him in what would be a better position for him, Morrison and Lawrence are currently occupying those slots - Morrison who never actually scores and Lawrence who will in all logic be gone by the summer, I do believe his time will come with us if he patient but the dreadful covid season last year helped none of our players especially the young ones. A loan might actually do him some good.

17 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Indeed ?

Be nice if we could get the best out of him,rather than dreaming of bringing in players from man.u.

Sibley just needs to play and play regularly in my opinion,his lack of development since Cocu has been shocking and a waste of his talent.

Guarantee if he gets moved on,he will be a star for someone.

Rooney "appears" to want to keep him from his most recent comments so perhaps we might actually see some progress on the field.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

On 15/01/2022 at 13:53, AndyinLiverpool said:

The irony here is that all those products of the academy that Morris held so dear to his heart are in danger of being ripped from the club because of his actions.

That too low should look at least 10m nrothing less.

On 15/01/2022 at 09:32, Crewton said:

£100,000 has been suggested which, if true, would make Rooney's claims of "derisory bids" entirely justified. 

Having spoken to someone incredibly close to the administration team, I'm told the offer was "low five figures" with no sell on clauses, similar to Shinnie.

If we get £100k for anyone regardless of current/potential talent or contract length I'd be extremely surprised. This is very grim indeed.

5 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Having spoken to someone incredibly close to the administration team, I'm told the offer was "low five figures" with no sell on clauses, similar to Shinnie.

If we get £100k for anyone regardless of current/potential talent or contract length I'd be extremely surprised. This is very grim indeed.

If true, the fact that we are being pressured by the EFL to sell young players for minimal fees with no sell-on clause or add-ons when their wages are hardly crippling, is a disgrace.

And TBH, if Rowett is a party to such a scandalous bid by Millwall, he needs to start looking for a new place to live outside of the Derby area, because he's not welcome.