Louie Sibley

No matter what, we still need money to come in and Sibley, Knight and Bird are our assets that are probably have the most worth. Especially if we are looking at bringing in Hourihane and whoever else we are linked with. 

The money has to be right as we don’t need to sell anymore, but if it’s a sensible offer and means we can use the money elsewhere then I’m ok with it

11 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

No matter what, we still need money to come in and Sibley, Knight and Bird are our assets that are probably have the most worth. Especially if we are looking at bringing in Hourihane and whoever else we are linked with. 

The money has to be right as we don’t need to sell anymore, but if it’s a sensible offer and means we can use the money elsewhere then I’m ok with it

Coventry aren't going to be offering us anything decent for Sibley. If these supposedly are our best prospects then it doesn't sit right with me that we sell them off to bang average championship teams.

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Coventry aren't going to be offering us anything decent for Sibley. If these supposedly are our best prospects then it doesn't sit right with me that we sell them off to bang average championship teams.

As I said, it’s only if the offer is right but we can’t afford to hold onto players until they have no value at all. That’s part of what our issues were, not just signing players for every new manager but having little turnover of players aside expiration of contracts.

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

As I said, it’s only if the offer is right but we can’t afford to hold onto players until they have no value at all. That’s part of what our issues were, not just signing players for every new manager but having little turnover of players aside expiration of contracts.

Agree. Sibley could be a good player or not Time will tell. Personally, I think he'll knock round the championship he might get lower premiership given a good spell. However, weve been guilty of holding onto players for to long in the past then getting nothing for them. I'd take a million now for him easy.  We've got to stop worrying a footballer will become Pelè the second we let them go even if the signs are they won't. 

It's a mark of how much Rooney destroyed Sibley's confidence that the majority don't name him in their starting 11s for the new campaign. And as the lead coach, Rosenior must have played a part in that too. For others of us, Louie would be the first name on the teamsheet and the player to build a promotion push around. 

If Sibbo is going to again find himself in the position of occasional 10 minute cameos off the bench to try to change the game then, despite him being a fan, he has to leave to give his career a chance to blossom as it should. If he's going to be a midfield regular next year, with the manager trusting him and not being the first person to come off if things are going south, I hope he stays. 

If you're another club looking to pick players off from us, Sibley is your number one target since, for a small outlay, he can become a real star in the future. 

55 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Need money? What's that based on as for all we know, Clowes will cover any deficit this season.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Need money? What's that based on as for all we know, Clowes will cover any deficit this season.

Dunno, something about the last few years makes me think you should be running a football club with as small a deficit as possible, or ideally with no deficit. 

Derby could sell Sibley and Knight and cover a large part of the cost of our squad for the season. It atleast makes some business sense for the position we are in 

I'd love Sibbo to tear it up but he's looked off the pace and unfit for me. Not sure if this is down to confidence, our tactics or not having a run in the side. Has there been any explanation or ITK to say why?

He's clearly got talent and we need youngsters to balance out the experience we're bringing in on free transfers.

I hope he stays and makes a name for himself.

36 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

I'd love Sibbo to tear it up but he's looked off the pace and unfit for me. Not sure if this is down to confidence, our tactics or not having a run in the side. Has there been any explanation or ITK to say why?

He's clearly got talent and we need youngsters to balance out the experience we're bringing in on free transfers.

He’s hardly played so not going to be match fit is he….

36 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Off the pace can be explained by a lack of game time, coming on for a few minutes at a time, out of position etc. Only Sibley, Rooney and the squad may have an idea what led to those limited opportunities.

Personally Sibley has shown enough in games to have genuine match winning quality. It’s clear the previous manager didn’t feel he was ready for professional first team football. 

Wayne knows better than me but I would love Sibley to get a good run of games and feel wanted, loved and played in position. A confidence player I would imagine and in this league he could make the difference when the other team parks the bus, particularly with other good footballers in the team such as McGoldrick and Hourihane alongside him. 

This may not happen but me and my 9 year old would love it. Love it ah tell thee.

On 05/07/2022 at 13:29, Carl Sagan said:

It's a mark of how much Rooney destroyed Sibley's confidence that the majority don't name him in their starting 11s for the new campaign. And as the lead coach, Rosenior must have played a part in that too. For others of us, Louie would be the first name on the teamsheet and the player to build a promotion push around. 

If Sibbo is going to again find himself in the position of occasional 10 minute cameos off the bench to try to change the game then, despite him being a fan, he has to leave to give his career a chance to blossom as it should. If he's going to be a midfield regular next year, with the manager trusting him and not being the first person to come off if things are going south, I hope he stays. 

If you're another club looking to pick players off from us, Sibley is your number one target since, for a small outlay, he can become a real star in the future. 

?

I think Louie will step up this season. I don't have any insight on why he didn't get more games under Wazza, but whatever the reason, he didn't seem in great form anyway. Fact remains though, that he's a talented lad and has the ability to score good goals from nothing. He does have to show though that he has the confidence to do it regularly when stepping up from the U23s. I think he can and will and I'm looking forward to seeing him play a little more this year as I really think that the key to unlocking his latent ability is partly in helping him feel a tad more confident. More games should help in that regard.

4 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Sibley has not got more games as he is not good enough. He has a low goal ratio over 2.5 years and has often been booked or red carded in matches because of frustration. Let him move on as he is not going to play much here this season again IMO.  

Nailed on red that one. 

7 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Sibley has not got more games as he is not good enough. He has a low goal ratio over 2.5 years and has often been booked or red carded in matches because of frustration. Let him move on as he is not going to play much here this season again IMO.  

By “often been … red carded” do you in fact mean that he has 0 (unrescinded) red cards in his career? 

Rooney often made comments about not being able to 'trust' Sibley. This may have been in reference to giving away freekicks, too many cards, or giving to ball away too easily.

This excuse was first used in 20/21, yet all evidence showed players such as Watson committed fouls more often, yet we're still often picked. 

Sibley would score one game, followed up with another start but playing badly. He'd get subbed off and hardly used again for the next 10 games. Ebiowei made a massive error in the Cardiff away game resulting in a loss. He then gets rewarded with a start in the next game.