Louie Sibley

If I'm Sibley then I'm waiting to see how things shake up. I've always said, as someone who has watched him develop, he is the best academy prospect I've personally seen for ourselves in 20+ years. I liked him more than Hughes as a prospect. I think he has an edge, but he's just not integrated well since Cocu has gone. He's just not compatible with Rooney's team, evidently. 

I would like to see him join a team where he would be afforded time to progress with high end players, so a good Premier League team, where he could showcase what he can do for their U23 and build that way. He's still absolutely the best player on the pitch almost every single time he plays in the academy. It looks so easy and he's playing against players who will go on to play at the very highest level. 

If he goes Millwall then I don't see how that moves benefits his development at all. 

If I was a youngster at Derby there is no point in moving now - if we survive the season and anybody wants you they will be back if the club folds then they can sign for who they want if they are wanted, 

the likes of Sibley and knight are two of the eight under contract currently and if they were forced out for peanuts there really isn’t any point carrying on and if we did paying for a season ticket to watch nothing is not attractive - how will an owner sell that to the masses.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

If I'm Sibley then I'm waiting to see how things shake up. I've always said, as someone who has watched him develop, he is the best academy prospect I've personally seen for ourselves in 20+ years. I liked him more than Hughes as a prospect. I think he has an edge, but he's just not integrated well since Cocu has gone. He's just not compatible with Rooney's team, evidently. 

I would like to see him join a team where he would be afforded time to progress with high end players, so a good Premier League team, where he could showcase what he can do for their U23 and build that way. He's still absolutely the best player on the pitch almost every single time he plays in the academy. It looks so easy and he's playing against players who will go on to play at the very highest level. 

If he goes Millwall then I don't see how that moves benefits his development at all. 

I agree and we can’t fault Rooney but I actually think he will be integrating him more fairly soon as the likes of Morrison have a limited time here I suspect.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I agree and we can’t fault Rooney but I actually think he will be integrating him more fairly soon as the likes of Morrison have a limited time here I suspect.

Absolutely. Rooney has done so much for so many of our young players at this stage, but obviously not all players progress and develop in the same way. Sibley developed immensely under Cocu and took a noticeable step backwards as Rooney took the reigns. At first a lot of the young players all went backwards, but now many of them are progressing. Sibley not so much. 

I want the best for Sibley as I have him as a player who could do insanely big things in football. In an ideal world he joins Arsenal for £20m, saves the club with his sale and goes on to win the World Cup for England.   

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Absolutely. Rooney has done so much for so many of our young players at this stage, but obviously not all players progress and develop in the same way. Sibley developed immensely under Cocu and took a noticeable step backwards as Rooney took the reigns. At first a lot of the young players all went backwards, but now many of them are progressing. Sibley not so much. 

I want the best for Sibley as I have him as a player who could do insanely big things in football. In an ideal world he joins Arsenal for £20m, saves the club with his sale and goes on to win the World Cup for England.   

I liked what Rooney recently said in that the staff had been working hard with him because they want more from him and they value him highly with his future at Derby 

1 hour ago, Ram1988 said:

If Millwall offered say 750k would we accept that? as it would go a considerable way to make sure we can have enough funds until the end of the season. Plus he's not in Wayne's first teams plan.

No, needs another 0 at least for the snake

1 hour ago, Ram1988 said:

If Millwall offered say 750k would we accept that? as it would go a considerable way to make sure we can have enough funds until the end of the season. Plus he's not in Wayne's first teams plan.

We accepted that for Whittaker and we weren’t in nearly as much financial strife then (outwardly)

Mind you, I firmly believe Sibley is 100x as talented as Whittaker but in terms of output, there’s not that much between them and our negotiating position is a zillion times worse so I wouldn’t be surprised if 750k got accepted 

Realistically this is what we will get for players 

Roos - £100k

Byrne - £250-300k

lawrence - £500k- 750k ( out of contract)

buchannon - £1.5-2.5m

knight - £5-7.5 M

sibley - £750k- 1.2 M

festy - £2m +

bird - £2.5-4 m

jozwiak- £ 1.5-2m

plange - £750k-1m

not numbers I’d want but factor in our position plus many are out of contract not going to get much 

Just now, simmoram1995 said:

Realistically this is what we will get for players 

Roos - £100k

Byrne - £250-300k

lawrence - £500k- 750k ( out of contract)

buchannon - £1.5-2.5m

knight - £5-7.5 M

sibley - £750k- 1.2 M

festy - £2m +

bird - £2.5-4 m

jozwiak- £ 1.5-2m

plange - £750k-1m

not numbers I’d want but factor in our position plus many are out of contract not going to get much 

Out of those joz and knight at realistic amounts should raise the required funds