The people's Captain: Curtis Davies

RamLad1884

Great interview on Radio Derby. Really honest.

Said if it was any other club than Derby he'd have been gone before now. But he wanted to stay and this is now the longest he has stayed at any club in his career. 

Also said neither him nor Stearman even knew they'd be here when they trained Thursday and that they had no playing time together as a pair in pre-season.

Gave praise to Derby players and call outs for Roos, Sibley, Fozzy. 

Oh, and he did say he didn't touch the ball for the goal! But he credited Duane Holmes with the assist! ?

Edited by angieram
Add a bit.

Just watched an interview with curtis on ramstv. Speaks really well, should have been captain for me but thats another topic. He mentioned the whole signing situation should have been handled alot better and he "loves the football club" and  that he signed with a "grimace" on his face. I wonder if the grimace comment coincides with the "unbelievable scenes" that morrisson posted online. Does anybody have a clue why he had the grimace? 

At a guess the wages and the continuing jam tomorrow as soon as the EFL let us noises are fine during a negotiation, not so good when putting your name to a contract.

Little part of me suspects they all insisted on a clause saying if the wage cap for signings goes up their contract will go up according or they can leave. Or something like that.

Said if before and I’ll say it again… there’s not a lot to be proud of or positive about at the minute but Curtis is and absolute legend in my eyes.

he won’t get the plaudits of ex players who achieved a lot more but for the Wednesday game and sticking with us since I’ll always remember him as one of the best ?

I couldn’t agree more it’s these type of characters that were going to need this season more than ever! He should be captain imo Lawrence isn’t a captain and never will be. Interesting to hear his comments about him signing again and how’s its took right up till lunchtime yesterday and he never expected to sign for this club with a grimace on his face! A dig at the powers that be me thinks Curtis ?