Pride Park Entrance Makeover

Day

12 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Wont this have cost money to do? I thought we had none & are on the brink of administration?! 

This plus a week at an expensive training facility, all points to no money

We have as much money as Mel is willing to spend. No more no less. 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

I suppose there is some symmetry in the photo with two of England’s greatest ever goal scorers on either side, two great centre halfs on the inside of them and the greatest ever English management duo to have lived taking centre stage. 
Who knows? In 100 years the team might be cheered out to a yet to be invented musical genre of ‘Wayne Rooneys Watching’

I don't particularly like it if I'm honest. Its a stark reminder that we have had so few noteworthy club heroes in the last 20 years. And I think it has us properly dining out on players and memories from up to 50 years ago. And beyond...as I've just spotted Steve Bloomer...

I love our history but it's not a part of the club I recognise immediately. It means very little to me and many in my generation.

Shilton was bang average for most of his time with us, by that logic put up Paul McGrath (who was not bang average) or John Robertson. Like he did with his England career, he hung on in a team better than him because of his history and previous performances. As with the Rooney argument I can't stand this "he was a great player, just not with us but we'll still claim him". If you wanted a keeper I would rather had Poom.

No FA Cup Winner in there? I'd like to have seen Stamps, Carter or Nicholas. I know they've got Mac and Stimac up there to be an icon of an era but surely someone from the '46 team is more worthy than Igor?

Edited by BaaLocks

I for one like that we are ‘celebrating’ or at least acknowledging our history. Afterall, it’s the past generations whether through our families or through Derby’s previous success that most of us are rams fans today. I get some people say it’s living in the past, which forest actually do - where spotty 20 year olds talk like they were at both European cup finals - and it might remind us we haven’t been that successful lately, but I don’t see that as a good reason not to have reminders of those who have done the name of this club proud. Especially when there isn’t many if any there doing it proud at the moment. 

Edited by Ramos