Pride Park Entrance Makeover

Day

Can’t stand the “We Are Derby” thing, it’s so out of context and drab - not at all inspiring. 

In this instance it is also misplaced, being directly underneath “Derby County Football Club”.

“We Are Derby”? Well yes, seeing as it is the local football club. 

“The Rams” would have been so much better. 

49 minutes ago, Rev said:

I'm just relieved Niall Horan didn't make the poster.

It looks like he did, if you ask me...

"Hey, Niall.  You any good at drawing?  Got any crayons?  Couldn't do us a favour, could you?  We'll see you right with a couple of tickets for the opening game, if you get it finished on time! 

I don't like Wayne Rooney being there. He has played no part in Derby's illustrious history.

I don't mind Rooney having his own banner elsewhere in managerial clothing. One which can be removed at any time. But he is there in a Derby playing shirt lining up with proper Derby icons. 

Would also ruin the entire banner should Rooney be sacked after a few months... Or would we keep him there to celebrate his great noteworthy contribution to Derby as a player?

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

I don't like Wayne Rooney being there. He has played no part in Derby's illustrious history.

I don't mind Rooney having his own banner elsewhere in managerial clothing. One which can be removed at any time. But he is there in a Derby playing shirt lining up with proper Derby icons. 

Would also ruin the entire banner should Rooney be sacked after a few months... Or would we keep him there to celebrate his great noteworthy contribution to Derby as a player?

If Messi signed but only played a few games - ruled out for the rest of the season through injury, would you say the same?

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Yes. It's not a celebration of the player/manager. It's a celebration of said player/manager's achievements at Derby.

Is it? I thought it was a celebration of our history. What did some of them achieve at Derby?

Edited by RoyMac5

If Rooney was going to be put up then he should have been in a manager's tracksuit or clothing tbh. His playing end at Derby bordered on the shameful quite frankly. I get that they need to have him up on a poster somewhere as he's the manager but I'd have rather had a player who actually made a stronger impact at Derby than him. It's not a big issue though and doesn't really bother me. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't call me Shirley. More than one way of seeing things. #COYR

I didn't call you Shirley. I was posing the question?

Regardless of who the player is, what he may have done previously and his standing in the game, only those who have made the biggest of impacts at Derby should be recognised in such honour.

You may disagree. But I think it would be weird, like Fulham erecting a statue of Michael Jackson.