Pride Park Entrance Makeover

David

Rooney was on it last season as well with Cocu, not sure it’s intended to be legends. Would be difficult to include more current players in there as we did last season with the current situation where we had Bielik and Lowe wasn’t it?

4 minutes ago, David said:

Rooney was on it last season as well with Cocu, not sure it’s intended to be legends. Would be difficult to include more current players in there as we did last season with the current situation where we had Bielik and Lowe wasn’t it?

It’s an interesting one. The rest of the faces are definitely Rams ‘heroes’ from the past, to differing extents. Memorable names is probably a better description. They probably have to have 1 current face, and they don’t get much more famous than Wayne. Could attract people from all over to have their picture with him (or at least that’s the hope).

Its a smart move going away from all current players who could leave within the next season or 2…and we also don’t have enough players under contract to fill the entrance!

Whether you think he's a Derby legend or not (he's not)... he's definitely a legend of the game and probably the biggest name to play for us, certainly in recent history.

He's England's all time leading scorer and most capped outfield player. And he played for us, and is now our manager. Deserves some recognition i think. 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Really? That is pretty clearly five club legends plus Wayne Rooney. 

As I said, Cocu was on the last year, with Stimac, McFarland, McKay, I mean it’s been a thing to have the manager on there. Should have maybe used an image of him as a manager though not in a kit

8 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Its a smart move going away from all current players who could leave within the next season or 2…and we also don’t have enough players under contract to fill the entrance!

The same might be considered thinking about Rooney for many.

Would rather have Arthur, Dave Mackay in his playing kit or anyone who had played for us any number near record appearances over the years myself.

8 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

Whether you think he's a Derby legend or not (he's not)... he's definitely a legend of the game and probably the biggest name to play for us, certainly in recent history.

He's England's all time leading scorer and most capped outfield player. And he played for us, and is now our manager. Deserves some recognition i think. 

Could’ve had Lampard and Cole too. 

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

The same might be considered thinking about Rooney for many.

Would rather have Arthur, Dave Mackay in his playing kit or anyone who had played for us any number near record appearances over the years myself.

Yeah. I agree there were bigger names for us that aren’t on there. But the fact that Rooney is a massive name in world football, and he both played for and manages us means it makes sense to have him as the current face of the team.