Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

21 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Aren’t you slightly disappointed mate .

So much uncertainty.

Would you play the established players tomorrow or not ! 

Nope, I'd stick with the trialists and then slot in a couple of our 'CBs' if we're nowhere for the first game. But I reckon we will be at least a CB in by then! ?

26 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Aren’t you slightly disappointed mate .

So much uncertainty.

Would you play the established players tomorrow or not ! 

Rooney needs to start wising up and making contingency for the worst possible scenario so playing trialists that we may not even be able to sign come start of the season is utterly ridiculous.

If he's been fed BS by the club that these players will be signing then that's another matter.

Either way looks pretty grim. Prepare for the worst now Rooney then anything else is a bonus. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Rooney needs to start wising up and making contingency for the worst possible scenario so playing trialists that we may not even be able to sign come start of the season is utterly ridiculous.

If he's been fed BS by the club that these players will be signing then that's another matter.

Either way looks pretty grim. Prepare for the worst now Rooney then anything else is a bonus. 

Could just as easily be the EFL moving goalposts rather than the club giving Rooney duff information.

Agree with sentiment of your post but I'll probably be 'happier' seeing trialists playing tomorrow as it'd be inconceivable Rooney would still be playing them 6 days out from the season without cast iron guarantees they will be able to be signed in time. If Cashin/Solomon start alongside Forsyth, it probably confirms there's still a lot of work to do on that front.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

15 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

We need to get some centre backs in, Davis and Jags are a must, then hope to see Morrison or Carroll, rhen another forward but not Balldock, also woukd like to see Mengi back on loan, woukd give us pace at the back, the clock is ticking, hope to see a centre back by monday at the lastest. 

I honestly think this won’t happen. 

Hope I’m wrong though 

17 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Could just as easily be the EFL moving goalposts rather than the club giving Rooney duff information.

Agree with sentiment of your post but I'll probably be 'happier' seeing trialists playing tomorrow as it'd be inconceivable Rooney would still be playing them 6 days out from the season without cast iron guarantees they will be able to be signed in time. If Cashin/Solomon start alongside Forsyth, it probably confirms there's still a lot of work to do on that front.

I think you may be a little too trusting in either what Rooney has been told or indeed Rooney himself.

None of the information given to us by the club or him in the past six months ago has really come to pass.

I'd pretty much guarantee that we won't be starting any of the trialists for Huddersfield,it's all just taking too long to become a reality in time for the game.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

26 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think you may be a little too trusting in either what Rooney has been told or indeed Rooney himself.

None of the information given to us by the club or him in the past six months ago has really come to pass.

I'd pretty much guarantee that we won't be starting any of the trialists for Huddersfield,it's all just taking too long to become a reality in time for the game.

Have we been told anything by the club (or Rooney) in the last 6 months? Its been a black hole & all we've got is educated guesswork in terms of the embargo.

Rooney isnt stupid & given the time constraints, will know how likely it is he will have to play youth CBs v Huddersfield. Therefore to feel confident about playing trialists tomorrow, you think he would insist on written assurances from the EFL (via the club). If that isnt forthcoming, then like @Tyler Durden says, we need to be starting our contracted players only & am sure thats exactly what Rooney would do.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

11 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Have we been told anything by the club (or Rooney) in the last 6 months? Its been a black hole & all we've got is educated guesswork in terms of the embargo.

Rooney isnt stupid & given the time constraints, will know how likely it is he will have to play youth CBs v Huddersfield. Therefore to feel confident about playing trialists tomorrow, you think he would insist on written assurances from the EFL (via the club). If that isnt forthcoming, then like @Tyler Durden says, we need to be starting our contracted players only & am sure thats exactly what Rooney would do.

image.gif.984ed857c95de2f8c62a26c54f012f9d.gif

I assume non of the trialists are currently being paid at all. If the current cap is 4.5k per week, offer them a rolling one week contract on this figure till it is sorted. They of course can walk away if get a better offer, but we could play them if they sign on that basis. They have nothing to lose, we have nothing to lose and they still get net pay of 12k at the end of the month instead of Zero.

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

I assume non of the trialists are currently being paid at all. If the current cap is 4.5k per week, offer them a rolling one week contract on this figure till it is sorted. They of course can walk away if get a better offer, but we could play them if they sign on that basis. They have nothing to lose, we have nothing to lose and they still get net pay of 12k at the end of the month instead of Zero.

This. Give them a one month contract on £4.5k and uplift once we've sorted our poo out. 

5 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I assume it would still need an okay from the EFL.