Tom Carroll - Gone Ipswich

nottingram

9 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

I still don't get why he didn't sign at the R's and wants to play for us in our situation. His loan spell wasn't spectacular. 

We are still one of the biggest football clubs in the country with excellent facilities - he never actually played properly for Spurs so forget that and places like Swansea and QPR are decent clubs to play for but not what Derby is or can be and by that I mean in the positive side)

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Reports today he is going to Ipswich - online on the 72. 

Also seen this - maybe Derby can hopefully move quick for a few more this week? Sounds like sky are more on the ball than us lol. 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-efl-transfer-embargo-5791627

Are Ipswich employing our recruitment team now? ?

Ipswich are in a much better position to us at the moment, even if they are in League One. 

They can spend money we can only dream about, plus the EFL will allow them to make signings. He's waiting on a promise here that may never even come to pass. I wouldn't blame him one bit. 

It's not exactly a signing we're desperate for either, unless we're selling one of our numerous central midfield players. The only position on the entire pitch where we actually have options. 

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I'd have liked Carroll but thats a bit melodramatic when we have Bird, Shinnie, Knight, Bielik, Morrison, Watson, Sibley, Lawrence, Hutchinson, Thompson, J Brown, etc for CM/AM positions.

I thought he drove us forward better than any of those bar Bielik. 

Edited by RoyMac5

Wonder if he has the same agent as Aluko. Other than Jags he looked the most impressive out of the trialists.

Im sure agents will be very busy at the moment touting players out of contract before the window shuts 

Think we’ll have plenty of options, just if we choose the right ones assuming we are allowed !

Regards

Gangway D from the terrace