Tom Carroll - Gone Ipswich

nottingram

I’m sure his Derby debut was on a cold, wet and very windy night at Pride Park in a really physical game, forget the opposition. 

He was blown around like a rag doll, but was principled in trying to pass and play coming from Spurs.

In these few games I thought he got bullied but went back and probably learnt quite a bit.  Had a real purple patch at Swansea and looked a player although had some physicality around him to mind him.

Worth a look for sure.

Gangway D from the terrace 

Tom Carroll is a quality central midfielder. With all the chat on here about Bird not being good enough I'd have thought most people would be more than happy with this potential addition?

I think he'd be a great addition,  it's also positive that players of his quality are interested in joining.  

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

Looks like a half decent side developing in my opinion.

Agree. 

A side with Bielik, a fully functioning Morrison/Sibley, Carroll/ Knight, Jozwiak/Aluko, Lawrence and CKR isn't a bad attacking force at all. Defense still a worry but Jags and Wisdom would be a pretty potent pairing too. Its not looking all that bad this season if we can actually sign these lads.

9 hours ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Agree. 

A side with Bielik, a fully functioning Morrison/Sibley, Carroll/ Knight, Jozwiak/Aluko, Lawrence and CKR isn't a bad attacking force at all. Defense still a worry but Jags and Wisdom would be a pretty potent pairing too. Its not looking all that bad this season if we can actually sign these lads.

and if CKR gets injured?... we need another striker.

9 hours ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Agree. 

You do know Rooney is still in charge.?

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You beat me to it. We definitely need another striker, not a wide player that can play there if necessary, a decent striker who knows where the net is....

If Baldock is the only striker on trial and our only option then we should be signing him up. We need to sort out the CB and striker problems before we even think about players like Morrison and T.Carroll.

11 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

and if CKR gets injured?... we need another striker.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You beat me to it. We definitely need another striker, not a wide player that can play there if necessary, a decent striker who knows where the net is....

I would say CKR should be the number 2 striker ideally and we bring in someone who can play 40 games a season. Unfortunately with our situation it's not going to happen. 

12 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Tom Carroll is a quality central midfielder. With all the chat on here about Bird not being good enough I'd have thought most people would be more than happy with this potential addition?

I think he'd be a great addition,  it's also positive that players of his quality are interested in joining.  

Totally agree. Would much rather see Carrol next to shinnie or Bielik when he’s fit than Bird. 

10 hours ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Agree. 

Only if we can win games without scoring.