Tom Carroll - Gone Ipswich

nottingram

On 21/07/2021 at 16:33, Woodley Ram said:

Decent player, offered a new contract by QPR so why is he here? We could never offer more wages and the contract would only be for a year so why not stay at QPR in a stable environment, better wages and longer contract?

It’s maybe the opposite of the Anya effect. He might just want to play football ? But you’re right .. it’s unusual, something we don’t know ..  hummmm

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Time to increase the Physio department.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

While we are at it I have heard that Jack Wiltshire is training with us tomorrow, so we shall see if that is true or not.

Wilshere you mean? 

We need good players through the door, although a Tom Carroll would be very low on my priority list of signings - especially if we can only make four. 

It seems like we’re happy to fill the training pitch with as many bodies as possible knowing that we can’t possibly sign them. Strange, but at least gives us options in training rather than cuppies and/or heads and volleys. 

Our youth midfield triumvirate of Sibley, Knight and Bird can and all should be better than Carroll. For me he'd be a squad filler blocking their progress and right now that's the last thing we need. It's a gamble but everything is a gamble this season. We have to trust those three and Bielik when fit, with cameos from some of the others. Our need for central defenders and a forward is much greater.

31 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We need good players through the door, although a Tom Carroll would be very low on my priority list of signings - especially if we can only make four. 

It seems like we’re happy to fill the training pitch with as many bodies as possible knowing that we can’t possibly sign them. Strange, but at least gives us options in training rather than cuppies and/or heads and volleys. 

From what Rooney has said he has got them in training with us ready for when he is able to make it permanent so they're already at the club, makes sense, just got to hope we get to a position where we can sign more than 4 players without having to sell current players to make space

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

We can make upto 5 signings mate

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Our youth midfield triumvirate of Sibley, Knight and Bird can and all should be better than Carroll. For me he'd be a squad filler blocking their progress and right now that's the last thing we need. It's a gamble but everything is a gamble this season. We have to trust those three and Bielik when fit, with cameos from some of the others. Our need for central defenders and a forward is much greater.

Shinnie , a must in the team this season .

16 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think the 3 of them unfortunately would be poorer than the sum of their parts - All three are very talented players but I'm not sure they work together (yet)

I'm simplistic in my view on a midfield trio (and have stated on this board so many times I'm sure most are bored of it) - a Destroyer, a Creator and a Runner - The classic trio being Eustace, Hughes and Bryson - You a player who does one of the 3 well and then (if possible) can even do two

Knight is a runner with destroyer qualities - Sibley is a creator - But Bird is not a destroyer (for me) he's a deep lying creator - It's like when we were trying to play Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick - Hendrick was a runner not a destroyer

Bielik is a destroyer with strong creator qualities - Shinnie (for me) is a runner - So we still need a backup destroyer for the midfield I think