Tom Carroll - Gone Ipswich

nottingram

Much better than ravel Morrison as an option for us as he's likely to be playing games. I've never been his biggest fan tbh (a player who I've often thought flatters to deceive) but it'd give us another body in midfield where we could do with one. 

Centre mid isn't really a position we're short of numbers in, I can only think it means that Knight's injury could be worse than we first feared and/or we have an outgoing in midfield.

I wouldn't say its a choice of either him or Morrison as they're different types of players imo

3 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Central midfield is one of the few positions we aren't lacking numbers in. This makes very little sense unless we are offloading some of the youngsters. CB and ST essential. 

Not really about numbers is it. It's about doing the job and according to that tweet he does it very well.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not really about numbers is it. It's about doing the job and according to that tweet he does it very well.

I think it is about numbers when we have 0 contracted centre backs and 1 senior centre-forward, and we're only allowed to sign 4 players. It couldn't be more about numbers at the moment. 

Edited by RamsFan10

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There is more than one transfer place available.

I know, but at least 3 will be taken up by CBs given that we have none. Leaving one or two spaces depending on who you ask. Wasting one on a central midfielder when we only have one senior striker makes little sense in my opinion. 

Edited by RamsFan10

9 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

The need for a couple of centre backs is massive, arguably the need for a progressive, forward thinking midfielder isn't far behind. Would take him over Morrison any day purely due to the fact we know he will play games.

I somewhat agree but as seen vs Man U, Morrison can deputise in the forward roles. Having Jozwiak, Lawrence, Knight, Sibley, Ebosele as the only players who can play out wide and CKR and Stretton as the only strikers leaves us horrendously light imo (especially as some of those wingers aren't even natural wide men). At least Morrison gives us the freedom to play Lawrence more centrally as back up to CKR, but I admit its desperate times. 

We simply have to sign 3 centrebacks, we can't get through an entire season with just two. That leaves one place according to the DET, and I think that has to be a forward. 

BUT, we are lacking elsewhere as you say. The more I think about it, the more it seems like we're going to have to move some of the youngsters on if we are to build any semblance of a competitive squad. 

Edited by RamsFan10